FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 All DLC Guitar/Bass Co-Op League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Bleh. Horrible song choice in my opinion. Guess it's all up to Joe and BowlZ this time since it's one of the easiest bass-lines we've had all season. Quite disappointing for a final song in a CO-OP league. Was really expecting/hoping for something with more well rounded difficulty.

Oh well

Anway, best of luck BowlZ (and Kawigi)

Sorry RJUCPU, I just thought it would be fun to do a just-released song that would have to be pathed and might not be easy to execute the path every time. I also considered going the OMGHard route with Suicide Note Pt. 2, but I went this direction instead. At least both teams dislike the pick so it's fair .
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely understanding the 'just released point,' I feel like a song that is 99% really easy with 1% of retarded fast trills doesn't neccesarily allow for the 'may the best team win' mentality. It turns into who pulls off the luckiest run. Plus I have to listen to a terrible song. I don't like A7X much in the first place but this song is by far the worst they've released. Its slow listen to this awful singer sing and listen to the poorly mixed music go in the backround. For more frustrating points, I feel like I'm the only one who feels this way about every song A7X has in rb.

I will however concede that most of the drum/gtr charts are fun to play even though they are painful to listen to

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually DO like A7X but have to say this song is the worst I've heard. It's verylong and boring on everything. I agree with the 99:1% difficulty ratio as well but at least guitar has the 1% <_<

Why is it that several of the RB leagues just thought for shiggles they'd grab the hardest songs in the catalog and throw them out for finals? Or randomize the un-fc'd list? That's just wrong. I've never seen these kinds of picks on the GH side of leagues (and I've played them since Season 3). I believe the Co-Op league got Number of the Beast. not Raining Blood, not One, not TTFAF, not TWIE but Number of the Beast. Excellent Choice. What's wrong with picking a moderately difficult song that's not easy to FC, takes a path, strategy, etc to get a good score instead of all these songs that people can barely pass?

Suicide Note Pt 2 is no better and would have been exactly like the other leagues with all their FAIL play-off songs. Why anyone would even consider something like that in this league is beyond my understanding.

This league had been good all the way up to now. There are plenty of songs that offer high difficulty (but with high passibility) that aren't just a flail fest. Things like Rude Mood, American Girl, any of the Iron Maiden or ATR songs, etc etc etc. Those are much better picks. Why does it have to be "whoever hits the most notes wins"? THAT is exactly why these leagues fail and will continue to fail and people don't even bother submitting scores.

If this is the trend that will continue, IF leagues even continue, then I'll pass.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put up a new song.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I'm glad I don't have to play StD anymore, my post wasn't meant to be a whinefest until the song changed - merely a reason as to why I disliked it.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Why is it that several of the RB leagues just thought for shiggles they'd grab the hardest songs in the catalog and throw them out for finals? Or randomize the un-fc'd list? That's just wrong.
I randomized the UnFCd list for drum league playoff only purely to avoid ties, since optimals are much easier to obtain than on strings and vox. No one wants a final decided by seed. See GH3X/Knights or GDRB for examples of what happens when you don't use hard enough songs in playoffs.

In general, we randomize everything for regular season, and just trim the bottom few tiers for playoffs. For the most part we don't want to guarantee ridicu-hard songs (except above example) but we also don't want everyone tieing because Charlene came up in random draw either.

RJUCPU wrote:
Why does it have to be "whoever hits the most notes wins"? THAT is exactly why these leagues fail and will continue to fail and people don't even bother submitting scores.

If this is the trend that will continue, IF leagues even continue, then I'll pass.
I'm not saying I think this particular song is a good one for the situation, and I am assuming that it was picked at random, but isn't "Whoever hits the most notes wins" kind of the point of the entire site, let alone leagues?
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
RJUCPU wrote:
Why does it have to be "whoever hits the most notes wins"? THAT is exactly why these leagues fail and will continue to fail and people don't even bother submitting scores.

I'm not saying I think this particular song is a good one for the situation, and I am assuming that it was picked at random, but isn't "Whoever hits the most notes wins" kind of the point of the entire site, let alone leagues?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!! If that was the case, why the hell would paths be such a big deal? Why would there be optimizers, etc? It's not about who has the luckiest run and hits the most notes and you damn well know that as much as I do.

I can see why you felt the need to justify a comment that wasn't directed at you since your leagues had the absolute worst picks of any and you were the one who randomized the un-fc'd list.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when paths are available, alls there is to judge is difficulty. the optimized path sharing is another discussion though. singemfrc is completely right that optimal ties blow ass (or 100 pt sqz losses) and there is a need to actively try to not get them. my beef is on the 99%/1% songs with 1 insane spot as an elimination song (i'd rather it be insane all the way through) or a final song with an inane part that doesn't test skill.

hard songs being chosen has NOTHING to do with poor league participation. leagues have their issues with people playing because the talent spread is so wide in these leagues and the people at the bottom of that spread give up when they see their efforts go to waste no matter how hard they try. Thats a problem that will never go away unless their is something binding them to participation, which there will never be. over half the time, its pretty easy to guess who is going to be the favorite before a single week's scores come in and as the weeks roll people are going to give up. Blaming leagues troubles on the managers or the impossible songs is untrue, unfair, and is just venting/flaming from a personal greivance.

Truth is champions require both path and skill equally. There are snooze songs that test pathing and hard songs that test skill. last i checked the unfc'd list still involves pathing just as much as other ones do. If contestant A is equally better than B at pathing and B is vice versa with skill then it should be a push at the end. If the skill difference is greater than the pathing difference, then 'hitting more notes' should win.

blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I intentionally picked the song.
2. I realized it was a bad choice, independent of complaining. If I still felt it was a good choice, I would have ignored the complaining. But I decided upon further reflection that it really was a bad choice.
3. I picked a new song.

I don't think there's anything more to say on this, except to argue pointlessly, so let's stop this dead end here and focus on the competition.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No submission from us. Blame me, this had nothing to do with RJ.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad, Joe.

Congratulations to Kawigi & BowlZ, aka The Mediogres. They are our league champions for Season 11. Also credit is due to Overrated 'R Us who won the point standings in the regular season.

Thanks to everyone who participated.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we had a solid run even though neither of us FC'd our parts. I had a pretty good run of the solo and Kawigi had a -2 or so in the hard part that didn't lie to heavily under the OD.

I never hit the solo once above 80% in practice or a real run. If Rockband would ever get rid of the forced hammer-ons in strummy parts I could probably do songs like this.

RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys (and Bling, you might want to change the page on scorehero.com/leagues)

We had an initial run early on in the mid-700's but it was just a working run and we didn't picture it. (Joe's real good at the song, I suck big time at that one section.) But then I sprained my thumb and burned my wrist and that put us way behind. Unfortunately due to some personal issues we were just never able to play again after my hand healed which is a bummer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Congrats guys (and Bling, you might want to change the page on scorehero.com/leagues)

I think the code must be used to you guys winning .

I let JCirri know, I have no idea why it did that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: