FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 On-Disc Expert Vocals League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done with that stupid ass song.

As if it wasn't enough the hassle I had to go through, it was also a bit hard to get a proof, my camera simply disappeared. Luckily, there was a cellphone. *sighs*

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so with Moomoo and Iggy both out, looks like drpitch and I are in for sure I'm sorry you guys had to drop and can't continue as you are both awesome vocalists and great competitors, and I assure you your spots won't go to waste, I am very, very happy to be in the playoffs and I won't disappoint!

Question; are we allowed to discuss scores after the submitting deadline but before results are published, or do we have to wait for all results to show up? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Wow, so with Moomoo and Iggy both out, looks like drpitch and I are in for sure I'm sorry you guys had to drop and can't continue as you are both awesome vocalists and great competitors, and I assure you your spots won't go to waste, I am very, very happy to be in the playoffs and I won't disappoint!

Question; are we allowed to discuss scores after the submitting deadline but before results are published, or do we have to wait for all results to show up? Thanks

Dunno if Danny is going to be around tonight to answer, so I will. It's ok to talk about your scores after the deadline has passed. We should all be verifying results tonight or tomorrow, but the songs for the next round will still appear tonight.

Also, if Dylan wants into the next round, he better submit a score sometime in the next 45 minutes...

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the crazy update:

This is a NEW optimal score. 11 people, (including our commish ) had the score of 234,711 and it seems it was generally considered to be optimal. I somehow, after grinding the activation for about two hours on and off, got -388 after the first squeeze, 8 over the expected optimal squeeze for that. I got optimal on the last two activations, and bam, 234,719.

The best I had gotten on the first act. prior to that was -016 (i think), a run in which I choked and missed a window later on. The second best I had gotten was a mere -798, the run which I intended to submit.

This epic run happened on my sworn LAST run of the day, I said okay, one more go, then I'm done. And epicness ensued I don't pretend this has anything to do with skill, it's a silly talkie squeeze, but I am still so happy about this and proud of my dedication to keep going and finally get lucky.

Looks like I'm on to the semifinals any way you slice it, whoever I go up against, prepare for a battle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ WTF???

I nearly went to the computer after missing taps and activation windows, to PM Indestructible about a possible abandon. Then I gave it one more try and got the bloody 76k on the 1st activation.

The 234331 I got seems a good score for me, especially because I stink at squeezing, even more talky squeezing.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell lol. That's insane, MasterNobody, awesome job
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily enough, it seems MasterNobody will replace Iggy-Sparks because he is the highest ranked player who couldn't put a score on the playoffs.

Just imagine if MN replaced Moomoomoo1 instead

Anyway, Uncontrollable Urge, tough song, and another talky squeeze, this time in the end. Ugh.

dpritch16  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused, I didn't post my scores, yet it said I could still post my scores for Round 2?

I got lazy and when I was at my moms (where my Wii is), my mic broke.

Ah well, go everybody!

Edit: @MasterNobody
That is mad crazy. :O
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dpritch XVI PSN Name: dpritchXVI Wii Friend Code: 050183496083
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heehee, glad you guys liked last round's little glimpse of epicness

This round, however, is not going quite so well. That talkie just seems to refuse to do what I want it to do
Anybody happen to have any tips?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I ended up with 130,250. I think the score you're "supposed" to get if you treat the talkie normally and squeeze everything right is 130,198. Lots of people have that on the leaderboards. So I'm glad I got some extra points out of that weird ass talkie squeeze, hopefully it was enough to beat tidus. Me and Brumley might just get to play each other after all

EDIT: Edited instead of posted again because I don't wanna triple post, but what is up with the inactivity of this thread? No results are up yet, no one else has even bothered to post their scores...rawr I wanna know if I advanced or not =/
It says scores for the finals are due on Friday night, which seems a little crazy since we still don't even know who advanced. Danny, if it is at all possible, I think we should extend the deadline, maybe to Sunday night, so there are more than two days (or less, two days assuming we get results at midnight) for the finals. Let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple post fail, etc etc yes I know. But no one else is posting here anyway

Me and Burm in the final w00t w00t! I've been looking forward to the possibility of this matchup ever since we both signed up for this league, and here we are in the championship! So pumped

Congratulations to tidus, you played a great tournament and were fun to have in the league! Also congrats to Microsoft, crazy score on Urge . Shame you had to be up against the squeezing monster that is Brumley, you would have clearly beat me.

Well here we go, just me, Colin, and Axl Rose, should be a fun battle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job, MN. Looks like you not only outsqueezed me on the 2nd activation, but you got more than just the natural on the 4th.

I wished I could post here, but a kidney stone popped in at Tuesday afternoon. I've never felt such pain in my life. But the defeat was for the better though. Good luck, this was fun!

MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, sorry to hear about that kidney stone tidus! Hope you're doing better.

As for the finals.....*drumroll*

Brumley won. I wasn't that close. 213112-213060. It was epic. And that's really it
Had a great time in this league, very happy to be runner up as long as it's to my buddy, and congratulations to Burm for winning this title with lots of hard work and dedication!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting too much. I wanted to say what a great time I had playing against so many talented sh-voxers. We singers are a fine breed, no?

I also wanted to congratulate my good buddy MasterNobody here for his hours and hours (and more hours, I've been creeping on his Xbox profile all week and I know he's been shredding every song for sooo long, major props for dedication there) of commitment and determination. I had a great time in the final round especially. I'd also like to congratulate him on however the hell it is that he got that extra pointage on Let There Be Rock. Jesus. Haha.

Also, I'd like to mention that if anyone here is interested, my friends and I are always looking for some random band quickplay, so hit us up sometime! I'm a multi-instrumentalist, so I'll be cool with anything if you're looking to chill, score duel, ass around, whatever.

Thanks everyone for the great opportunity, I really had a great time. Nice meeting you all, and I'm sure I'll see you around.

-Cheers,
GrooveAssassin7
Performer of phrase 25 in BillTVShow's Community Foreplay/Long Time Video Project.
Can haz my youtube account for epic FC videos, full band runs, and other cool RB/RB2 projects
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GrooveAssassin7 PSN Name: Colin Brumley
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Brumm for being champion, and to MN for being awesome as well through the league!

Even if there was a 3rd place match and I hadn't neither the kidney stone nor the orchitis problem, I'd easily lose to Mircosoft anyway. I'm happy for coming this far, with my unexistant squeezing skills, and also for improving my scores while I was at it. This was mostly a good time, and I thank ScoreHero for that!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: