FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 On-Disc Expert Vocals League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think13  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I make the playoffs as well. I didn't give a whole lot of effort on week 2 and got some dismal scores, but the past few weeks have been much better to me. A first-place Alive score (which surprised me), and a second-place and third-place score this week.

Chalk up another vote to the 8-man playoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww. I forgot to turn in my scores. ((
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dpritch XVI PSN Name: dpritchXVI Wii Friend Code: 050183496083
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tentative setup for the playoffs right now includes the top seven overall participants with the 1st seeded player getting a bye in a three round format.

And Dpritch, sorry, but failing to notify me prior to Week 4 means you can't participate in the playoffs. The rules have to be consistent across the board, so once again, sorry.

Last edited by IndestructibleSD on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: dbforthree
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
The tentative setup for the playoffs right now includes the top seven overall participants with the 1st seeded player getting a bye in a three round format.

Jeez, so I barely made it?

Lord, I suck. I knew I shouldn't have let Monday and Tuesday (my two only real chances to work on the songs) slip away...but it's not time to cry over it. Looking forward to the playoffs!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
dpritch16  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
And Dpritch, sorry, but failing to notify me prior to Week 4 means you can't participate in the playoffs. The rules have to be consistent across the board, so once again, sorry.

It's okay. I had fun for the time being. And to be honest, I am kind of getting tired of Rock Band 2. So it's for the best.

I'll be rooting for my friends Moomoo and Tidus. Good luck to everyone, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dpritch XVI PSN Name: dpritchXVI Wii Friend Code: 050183496083
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tentative Information

The playoffs will be held in a three day format.

Schedule

Seeds 2-7: Thu 07/15 00:00 - Sat 07/17 23:59
Semifinals: Sun 07/18 00:00 - Tues 07/20 23:59
Finals: Wed 07/21 00:00 - Fri 7/23 23:59

-The first seeded player (Brumm009) has a bye the first round.

Seeds

1. Brumm009
2. Iggy-Sparks
3. Moomoomoo1
4. jdog1289
5. Mircosoft93
6. tidus
7. think13

Alternates

1. dpritch16
2. MasterNobody
3. Muse
4. Snoozbie
5. wlpicard
6. SilentJo
7. Romanticide
8. MightyJordan

If you are an alternate, that means you may submit for playoff round one and your score will be inserted should anyone who made the playoffs fail to submit. Alternates will be entered in order based upon overall ranking.

Last edited by IndestructibleSD on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: dbforthree
dpritch16  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I still have a chance? Sweet.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I first saw the seven man format announcement, and bawwed to myself and my friends for a bit.

Then I saw I'm not even the first alternate. In fact, I'm not an alternate at all. What the hell? How did that happen? Did I get suspended from the league for asking nicely to be included in the playoffs? I thought that might be the case at first, but then I saw my post wasn't deleted, so I figured that isn't likely.

Could I please get an explanation? :/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Okay, so I first saw the seven man format announcement, and bawwed to myself and my friends for a bit.

Then I saw I'm not even the first alternate. In fact, I'm not an alternate at all. What the hell? How did that happen? Did I get suspended from the league for asking nicely to be included in the playoffs? I thought that might be the case at first, but then I saw my post wasn't deleted, so I figured that isn't likely.

The only people who are eligible for positions as alternates are people who submitted scores every single one of the four weeks OR who appeared in the top seven and should have made the playoffs, but didn't because they missed week 4, dpritch being the only person who falls under this last category.

However, I just browsed my PMs and realized you sent me a message about not being able to participate in week 1 a while ago. I'll add you to the alternates, that was completely my mistake.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

The only people who are eligible for positions as alternates are people who submitted scores every single one of the four weeks OR who appeared in the top seven and should have made the playoffs, but didn't because they missed week 4, dpritch being the only person who falls under this last category.

However, I just browsed my PMs and realized you sent me a message about not being able to participate in week 1 a while ago. I'll add you to the alternates, that was completely my mistake.

Alright, thanks I still wish that an 8-man playoff could have happened, but oh well. So many damn non-submitters, and the rest of us kinda got punished for it in the end. It's a shame that leagues can't work out the way they used to, one sad side effect of SH constantly growing is that there are much more casual, less committed players on the site, the kind that like to drop out of leagues

Again, oh well, oh well, I really should have realized there would be non-submitters and tried a little harder to move up in the standings. I'm a 2nd alternate here and a 1st alternate in my GHM league, so I can at least be hopeful to get into one of them

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just putting my 2 cents...

I think that this 7 men makes little to no-sense at all... why is it better to have a 7 men playoff and give one person a bye instead of promoting one person to the 8th place and having a "legit" playoff?

I understant that the rules state that if you fail to submit results for the 4th round you are out... but the logic thing to do would be that the next person in the ranking would take that vacant place...

I think that by doing that you would be rewardng people that didn't fail to submit scores, that didn't drop out despite having little to no-chance of getting in the first 8, but still showed their commitment to the league...

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muse wrote:
Just putting my 2 cents...

I think that this 7 men makes little to no-sense at all... why is it better to have a 7 men playoff and give one person a bye instead of promoting one person to the 8th place and having a "legit" playoff?

I understant that the rules state that if you fail to submit results for the 4th round you are out... but the logic thing to do would be that the next person in the ranking would take that vacant place...

I think that by doing that you would be rewardng people that didn't fail to submit scores, that didn't drop out despite having little to no-chance of getting in the first 8, but still showed their commitment to the league...

Just to clarify, the 7-person playoff had nothing to do with any missing scores in the top places. It was based on the guideline of half of the active players in the 4th round. 14 people submitted, 7 people got in. If 15 or 16 submitted, it might have been 8. The 8th spot in this case is not a vacant spot for someone to fill; it didn't exist. Byes are rewards for top-ranking people in the even that there are not an exactly correct number of matchups in round 1.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Moomoomoo1  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to participate this round because I'm out of town. I hate to not be able to after all this, but oh well...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moomoomoo1 wrote:
Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to participate this round because I'm out of town. I hate to not be able to after all this, but oh well...

I knew that beforehand, but that still sucks. On the brightside, Dylan will replace you and kick my ass.

Let There Be Rock, huh? Talky squeeze, abnormally boring song with lots of taps. Glad I got 3 days to work just on it

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't be in the league anymore since I'm going for holidays in France tomorrow. I won't have my XBOX with me.
My holidays weren't planned yet when the leagues started and I thought the leagues would end before it but it seems it's some more days left.

So don't worry, you don't need to squeeze a lot! I won't submit any score.
Good luck to all of you and I was glad to participate!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: