FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 On-Disc One-Man Band League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer a 7-day format, but only because I'm in the Drums play-offs as well. It's gonna be tough getting a satisfying score for the Drums league play-offs *and* for all 4 OMB instruments, considering I don't have that much playtime each week
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 7 works better for me. I'm competing in another league so that's 5 songs in 3 days and I don't know if I'll get my best scores if I have to force it like that. It also gives a little bit more scheduling leeway for anyone who can't be around for part of a week but is around enough to submit some scores in a full week.
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just think it would decrease the number of people that wouldn't have time to submit scores. I, for one (as i've said a few times now) would not be able to participate under a 3-day format.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. The playoffs are going to be in a seven day format to maximize participation.

Tentative Information

Schedule

Seeds 5-12: Thu 07/15 00:00 - Wed 07/21 23:59
Quarterfinal: Thu 07/22 00:00 - Wed 07/28 23:59
Semifinal: Thu 07/29 00:00 - Wed 08/04 23:59
Final: Thu 08/05 00:00 - Wed 08/11 23:59

-Seeds 1 through 4 have a bye in the first round

Seeds

1. themoron112
2. kevversmcrabbi
3. Paturages
4. chipz
5. preppypoof
6. WarlordTm
7. batsmak
8. jdog1289
9. rwk977
10. llamaman2
11. freakinalex
12. Metalteeth

Alternates

1. jtownwhiteboy92
2. Deschain
3. ZMaine
4. Bmad965
5. Chriswashere313
6. SilentJo
7. Asphyx1ateD
8. Munzapoppa

If you are an alternate, that means you may submit for playoff round one and your score will be inserted should anyone who made the playoffs fail to submit. Alternates will be entered in order based upon overall ranking.
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! so glad that i'll be able to participate
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP I MADE THE PLAYOFFS! YES YES YES YES!

And I am the last seed. So I should get my ass HANDED to me

Question: How will scoring work for playoffs? I ask mainly because, if it is something like averaging over all instruments, drums are critical. If it is just one point per instrument, fuck drums, I lose anyways!
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalteeth wrote:

Question: How will scoring work for playoffs? I ask mainly because, if it is something like averaging over all instruments, drums are critical. If it is just one point per instrument, fuck drums, I lose anyways!

the way it has worked in past seasons is one point per instrument, so I would assume that until we are told otherwise.

i am playing you, so good luck - we should be fairly evenly matched, seeing how I have NEVER played this song on bass, drums, or vocals, and only played it like twice on guitar. Given the amount of rock band I play, it's ridiculous how infrequently I've played this song.
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preppypoof wrote:
Metalteeth wrote:

the way it has worked in past seasons is one point per instrument, so I would assume that until we are told otherwise.

i am playing you, so good luck - we should be fairly evenly matched, seeing how I have NEVER played this song on bass, drums, or vocals, and only played it like twice on guitar. Given the amount of rock band I play, it's ridiculous how infrequently I've played this song.

Meanwhile, Get Clean is one of my favorite songs in the game. You should kill me on drums, so in reality it is a 3 instrument competition, with you already up 1. Unless guitar and bass are averaged, which I assume they are. So I have to win guitar/bass and vox to win O_o
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalteeth wrote:
Meanwhile, Get Clean is one of my favorite songs in the game. You should kill me on drums, so in reality it is a 3 instrument competition, with you already up 1. Unless guitar and bass are averaged, which I assume they are. So I have to win guitar/bass and vox to win O_o

in the past, they've counted guitar/bass separately (with a 2-2 tie going to whoever scores the most total points). so, i would assume that for now.

vox are tricky, i think you've definitely got me on those (based on your score from the previous rounds, not to mention your sig and your SH scores). so, it's probably really a good old fashioned guitar/bass competition
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preppypoof wrote:
quotes

Unless we split guitar and bass. Then it goes to total points? Will my (probably) small margin on vox be enough to catch up on drums? Doubtful. But I shall try my best.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just got my scores in. Grinded up until I had no more time left so I put in the effort I wanted. I wish I could have gotten a triple FC but drums weren't cooperating fast enough and I ran out of time and ended with a -2 or something. This was a great week and whether I move on or not it was loads of fun.
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Vox FC (with epic squeezing!), and a simple enough bass FC. Near my best score on guitar, might be able to steal that one.

And drums. Yeah, 5 stars on hard. Whoopie.
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got near your best on guitar, then you definitely beat me there. I got a Vox FC, but not with the best path, so you beat me there too. Got almost Gold Stars on drums, and got a bass FC with optimal path.

So, we probably tied 2-2. I'm guessing you beat me by a combined 20k or so on guitar/vox, but I'm guessing that my -3 on expert drums is probably enough to take this one.

who knows though, it'll be close. you might have even beat me on bass, who knows.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, lost by the tiebreaker. Good match batsmak. I knew I needed that drum FC to offset my guitar failure but I just ran out of time.
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH MAN....

Guitar:
#5: preppypoof
122,014 (95%, 425 NS)
#12: Metalteeth
128,002 (96%, 309 NS)

Metal 1-0

Bass
115,655 (100%, 573 NS)
115,055 (100%, 573 NS)
Lost by a squeeze
1-1

Drums

172,125 (99%, 1064 NS)
117,200 (98%, 239 NS)
Lolno.
Preppy 2-1

Vox
160,840 (100%, 31 NS)
167,420 (100%, 31 NS)

Path FTW!
2-2

Tiebreaker....
preppy average score:
Metalteeth average score:

I lost by my bad drum score
Close match, good luck on Pinball Wizard...that song is not fun on vox.
Not bad for a #12 seed! Taking the 5 to a tiebreaker.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: