FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 On-Disc One-Man Band League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Exploder... The drum roll SHOULD be the only thing holding me back, I'm pretty confident I can get a guitar re-fc with the right path.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
FoG  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, time for a summary of the week that was.

Guitar - Got the FC, didn't think I'd pull off the guitar FC in such a short time but I did. Missed a couple squeezes on guitar but that's to be expected from me.

Vocals - FC'd this too, I kind of figured out the woo section enough to be 50% consistent with it. I somehow got 996 points instead of 1000 on one phrase but kept the combo, wasn't too pleased with that.

Bass - Also a FC. Easiest instrument of this song, relatively simple, nothing really interesting to note.

Drums - ARGH! The end drum roll pissed me off to no end. I got a 1180 note streak, which means I missed like a few notes from the end of the song. I FCd the roll once in a real run but messed up somewhere else.

And now for this week:

Master Exploder will destroy me on Guitar and Drums. Vox and Bass are really easy for me, just need to squeeze all I can out of the activations.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
chipz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Crap! 1st on Bass and Vocals, 2nd on Guitar for Rock n' Me. Wasn't expecting that!

Master Exploder. Yuck. This song will kill every part of my body that can make a noise.

FoG  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone having issues with the ending of Master Exploder on Drums?

It's absolutely killing me right now because I'm somewhat consistent with the drum roll now.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoG wrote:
Is anyone having issues with the ending of Master Exploder on Drums?

It's absolutely killing me right now because I'm somewhat consistent with the drum roll now.

i'm the exact opposite. I can hit the ending almost every time but can't get the roll. If the roll didn't start after about 80 seconds of no playing, it might be a little less frustrating!!!

As far as the other instruments go, I am very happy with how I've done - FC on guitar/bass/vox (never FC'd this on guitar before). Hopefully I can stay in the top 5, but I'm gonna need to figure out the drums for that to happen, i think.
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the sticking for the drum roll in the intro? It's killing me.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwakamoley wrote:

Natural sticking with crossovers is popular, but I just use my left hand for the two reds that pop up in the roll. A lot of people don't have the left arm strength for that, so most just naturally stick it. (RLRL)
FoG  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
gwakamoley wrote:

Natural sticking with crossovers is popular, but I just use my left hand for the two reds that pop up in the roll. A lot of people don't have the left arm strength for that, so most just naturally stick it. (RLRL)
Crossing over is something I can't wrap around my head so I just do the double stroke on R. You don't really need any arm strength for that.

IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never much of a crossover person myself either. I give props to drummers who naturally stick everything. I just use double strokes all over the place to make most stickings work if RLRL doesn't suit the situation comfortably. To each his own, I suppose.
chipz  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I will never be able to get those double bass notes during the ending.
Are people using two bass pedals or do you have legs of CHICKENCLUCKING STEEL!!??

Also, thank you Jack Black for teaching me to sing like a eunuch. I definitely won't be needs my balls again for a while.

Asphyx1ateD  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't attempted Drums or Vocals yet, but the Guitar isn't going that well. At first I couldn't work out the main strumming (sounds silly I know), but I've got that quite consistent now, however I keep messing up on the chords after. My fingers end up hurting as it's really fast transitions.

Solo 1 I've always been good at that, need to improve the others.

Previous Metal Gear Solid 4 World Record holder
PS3 Trophy Card / 360 Gamercard

PSN: PhantoM- // Platinum Guitarist
Expert Guitar/Drums (Ions) - DLC Quickplay
The Beatles, Green Day and Rock Band 3 (with RB1 RB2, Lego, Green Day and AC/DC exports)
Guitar Hero 3, World Tour, Metallica, Smash Hits, GH5, Band Hero, Warriors of Rock and DJ Hero
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Asphyx1ateD PSN Name: PhantoM-
preppypoof  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asphyx1ateD wrote:
I haven't attempted Drums or Vocals yet, but the Guitar isn't going that well. At first I couldn't work out the main strumming (sounds silly I know), but I've got that quite consistent now, however I keep messing up on the chords after. My fingers end up hurting as it's really fast transitions.

doesn't sound silly at all. I was able to 100% all three solos consistently before I was ever able to FC the main strumming (before it gets easier, that is).
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can FC outside solo 1 and 3, its the same part that shows up in both solos I can't seem to hit.

As far as this week goes I'm pretty much done. The drum roll and guitar solos aren't getting better any faster. Bass is a and I'm just happy with the vox FC, I tried squeezing more points and that ended up with no success.
ERBiC  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR GOD I am bad at Sploder guitar. Goddamn chord transitions... SO AWKWARD
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC'd Master Exploder guitar and bass first try, vocals took about an hour of just trying to hit that first phrase (people outside my apt were probably wondering why a cat was being tortured), but man, I could not hit the entire opening roll or the last part of the song at all. Got the five star, but I'm pretty sure that's as good as it's going to get for a long time, everyone else is amazing who nailed any of it.

Now I get to try and pass Everlong on drums! WOOHOO
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: