FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 On-Disc One-Man Band League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my stuff in a little late to JC, that's why you two currently don't appear on the list. I sent him a PM a few days ago to retain everyone in each of my Leagues who contacted me via PM or on the forums. I haven't forgotten about you two, don't worry.

Play your songs and I'll see if I'll send JC a reminder PM to ask that you two be added back to Leagues.

EDIT: Just touched base with JC, you should be added back within a few minutes.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This applies here too:

JCirri wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
It looks like some of the changes Deimos made in S10 were lost for this season. I'll ask JCirri whether it's possible to change this since it's probably what people were expecting.

This is correct.

The S10 method better balances strengths and weaknesses across all parts, so I've implemented the changes and recalculated results. Sorry for the confusion.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiffy, I went up a place or 2 after the recalculation.

Also, for anyone confused by the ending to Rock'n Me on drums:
It's a pair of eighth sextuplets, or if you prefer, four sets of sixteenth note triplets. You're playing six evenly spaced notes per beat, meaning three per half-beat, over the space of two beats.

Assuming you count beats(divided into sixteenth notes) as "one-e-and-a two-e-and-a...", counting that final measure of the song will sound like this:

"ONE AND-a-TWO-e-AND-a-THREE-trip-let-AND-trip-let-FOUR-trip-let-AND-trip-let-ONE"

Note: There is a green-bass note on the final ONE. Also notice the pause of one sixteenth note between the first ONE and its corresponding AND, as there is no note there.
I emphasized the beats and the half-beats in an attempt to show how it fits together. If that's confusing, let me know and I'll attempt to simplify it.

EDIT: WOW, this vox chart is killing me. There's the WOO HOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAS:LKFGJHG;LJS phrase, plus I keep missing the first activation because I'm not paying close enough attention. GAH

Last edited by ERBiC on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice and reasoned explanation, but I was also able to hit it by going kind of fast, and then a lot faster at the end.

Also, I hit that ridiculous woooooooooooooooooooooooooo OD phrase on vocals a couple times, will maybe work more on the song tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for re-adding us Indestructible and JCirri, I got my almost done scores in now. I'm going to still try for the FC on drums sometime today and I think my vocals score can be better.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
FoG  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
Thanks for re-adding us Indestructible and JCirri, I got my almost done scores in now. I'm going to still try for the FC on drums sometime today and I think my vocals score can be better.
Pretty much this.

I've submitted all my scores, wish I had more time this week to improve on my scores, but I did very well considering.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
nintendoboy90091  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im putting in my scores now. all i can say is thank god. i basically did this and my expert guitar league in the last 4 hours. =(
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: UR PLAYER 2
nintendoboy90091  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, this weeks song is Master Exploder, one of the songs from expert guitar league last week. sweet, just more time to up the score. (:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: UR PLAYER 2
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well week is over.

Got the bass and vocal FC's, my vocal score is quite impressive by my standards, especially considering I was only able to FC the Woohoo phrase once. Guitar went ok, I got all the OD. I tried playing it again later and I couldn't hit the hammeron chord parts so meh. Drums were an FC besides the opening and ending rolls.

I feel like I should be higher placed this week especially considering I worked for quite a while on some parts (that means you vox...).
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's post-score entering time, might as well share. I feel like I did the guitar and bass paths near-perfectly, Vocals were an FC + a squeeze but it wasn't good, and I couldn't pull off the FC on drums but I got a 1166 NS with the right path and maybe some squeezes in there so we'll see how it goes. I gotta do good to make up for mah 0s the first round :P
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
ERBiC  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. I ran out of time, plans crept up on me, and I only got one of four scores in. A near-optimal drum FC.

Just means I'm going to have to kick the shit out of Sploder this week. Little chance of me FCing guitar, but I can at least shoot for a better score than I currently have. I should be able to FC the other 3 parts...
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I had a GS vocals score that I forgot to submit! So 3 out of 4 scores for me. Whoops.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
nintendoboy90091  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol for me i did expert drums, which i usually dont do and got a decent score. I did hard vocals and couldnt 5 it as i have been sick this week. guitar and bass were ok, not great tho.
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got an FC on vox, so I'm happy there. Simple enough bass FC. Drums, well, I got 5 stars I think! And guitar, fuck guitar, seriously. I can't hit the hammeron chords in practice mode, 50% speed!

Master Exploder:
Guitar: I know I could FC it, now I actually have motivation to try!
Bass: Hah, FC should be simple.
Vox: Not that hard a song, my range is perfect for the song, simple.
Drums: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I had entry drum rolls. Especially two minutes into the song!
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got an FC on vox, so I'm happy there. Simple enough bass FC. Drums, well, I got 5 stars I think! And guitar, fuck guitar, seriously. I can't hit the hammeron chords in practice mode, 50% speed!

Master Exploder:
Guitar: I know I could FC it, now I actually have motivation to try!
Bass: Hah, FC should be simple.
Vox: Not that hard a song, my range is perfect for the song, simple.
Drums: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I hate entry drum rolls. Especially two minutes into the song!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: