FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Highest and lowest notes in RB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
I think it's more to do with the clarity you can do those kinds of low pitches at. I can hit stuff like the "scheide" in Du Hast in the original octave outside of the game (trust me, I measured it) but the lack of volume and extra resonance makes it really hard for the game to pick up. I reckon that even the original singers would have issue hitting those notes in the game because of the way the notes are much more resonant.
Sorry if resonant isn't the right terminology, hopefully you know what I mean. I'm not a music student XD

That note in Du Hast isn't so bad for me. The Johnny Cash stuff is definitely lower.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's lower, I've just never attempted them (or bought or heard them for that matter)
I hope you get what I mean though.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
zage1337  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for any notes that go below F2#(lowest note I can hit comfortably with full volume) I just have the mic at max sensitivity and hit the lows really close to the mic. I use very little volume at all. That's how i can notes like C2-D2 on the engine.

I dunno I think I just good at really low notes from singing everything down an octave. I use to struggle hitting a G2 lol 2 years ago.

Try maxing the sensitivity to see it can pick it up. Otherwise you probably can't produce the note. >_>

and JOE2210 that "scheide" in Du Hast is only a A2 which you should easily be able to hit if you can hit stuff like D2 easily. Maby your trying to hit an A1 O_O The verses are lower than the chorus but they are charted as talkies.

tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto about Du Hast. Since it was on GH5, the pitches fitted perfectly to my range, and the lowest I can go with consistency and clarity is a G2. If anything, the other song by Rammstein (Waidmanns Heil, from GH:WoR) is way, way tougher with my bowels.

Maybe you're mistaking Lindermann's timbre for a lower octave, no, Joe? Still, going one octave lower than him would be bloody amazing.

Edit: Add Fame to the tally! More precisely the lowest of the descending Fame's towards the ending. That's a D2, isn't it?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
doobers  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FCd Walk the Line original octave, dose this make me cool?

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add "Love is a Battlefield" to the list of high notes. The whistling section is indeed charted to vocals, and that goes as high as an E6 from what I saw of the chart

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
acer9199  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, whistling section. More Mariah Carey songs! That would seem to be challenging with all the runs and high notes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: acer9199
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, sorry for the delay. I've started updating the list, but I have to go now, I'll finish later.

Added:

C6 in Love is a Battlefield (voiced), Rock Lobster
E6 whistle in LiaB (whistle/unvoiced)
D2 in Ring of Fire

To do:

(High)
Last Train to Awesome Town

(Low)
5 Feet High
Folsom Prison Blues
I Got Stripes
Would You Go With Me
Fame
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump this up again, but when FGFC'ing Lego Rock Band, I noticed in the chart for "Free Fallin'" that there are some unintended notes during the verses that go as low as F2; naturally I can't hit them, but seeing me hit them precisely an octave higher means that we might be onto something here

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How high is Space Truckin? The final "Yeah, yeah, yeah, space truckin', yeah, yeah...".
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched deadlystingnyc's fc of this song, the high notes seemed to have been charted a little differently than the GH: Van Halen version, which indeed goes as high as an A5. The chart shown here reveals that the notes go only as high as a G#5, which I think doesn't quite make the list :\

tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be another high note case in Bohemian Rhapsody, at the "Thunderbolts and lightning" line. One of the harmonies (by Roger Taylor, I suppose) is pretty high, albeit it's charted one octave lower. That final note in the phrase looks like an A5. I may be wrong o_O

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
zage1337  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ride by Trace Adkins reachs closer to the low side. You might want to check that song.

A lot of the songs from the Country track pack has low stuff.

JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody checked the Ohio Players songs, Love Rollercoaster has the low "Love rollercoaster" harmony in the outro and Fire has all kinds of crazy high notes in it.
Just a thought.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
MONKEY7000  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take On Me in its original octave is really low, and high The 'Take' Bit is really low in the original octave IMO And the 'Day' towards the end is really high.

But I'm probably mistaken >_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: