FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Highest and lowest notes in RB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I believe that I Got You (I Feel Good) might have the highest pitches between any on-disk song, with those high-pitched yells.

I still couldn't quite discern what are those notes (don't have THE ear to do it quickly), but I believe they're really high.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ear! That song has the highest human notes in any RB song so far. E♭6 to be exact.
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the big bump, but I figured out that I could suggest an inclusion for the songs with the widest range, compressed (e.g. Shackler's) or not (BohRhap and perhaps Good Vibes, and old DLC songs like Young Man Blues and its exact 3 octaves) by the charters.

If not, no problem.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just played walk the line from the johnny cash pack, and the last verse and chorus seem unbeleiveably low to me, i dunno what the exact notes are or anything, but if anyone with more knowledge of such things than i do wants to take a look at it, i think it could well make the lowest notes list, and there might indeed be other songs from that pack as well, that was the only one i bought
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the chorus reaches F2 on the lyric "Because you're mine". I'll take a look at the rest of the song when I have time, and put it on the list. I didn't buy any songs from this pack, so if somebody knows of any other songs with low notes, I'll take a look and see if they make the list.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
i just played walk the line from the johnny cash pack, and the last verse and chorus seem unbeleiveably low to me, i dunno what the exact notes are or anything, but if anyone with more knowledge of such things than i do wants to take a look at it, i think it could well make the lowest notes list, and there might indeed be other songs from that pack as well, that was the only one i bought

Well it goes much lower than F2 MUCH MUCH lower.

The last two "because your mineeeeeeeeeeeee" reaches B1.
I believe this is the lowest note in Rock Band.

Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry for the delay.

I believe that B1 is actually a C2. It's hard to hear, but I knew for certain it had to be one of those two notes... so I looked up the sheet music, and the B is flatted throughout the song.

Trivia: If you count Death by Cancer, this thread covers exactly 5 octaves of vocal range.
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectrauma wrote:
Trivia: If you count Death by Cancer, this thread covers exactly 5 octaves of vocal range.

I see! And that's why this is being said again: thank goodness for being allowed to sing in any octave. Otherwise...

Geeoff  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole last verse of Walk the Line is hell... Way too deep. -_-

Also, the first verse of 5 Feet High and Rising.

Also, the very last note in I Got Stripes is extremely deep and of course the famous deep notes in Folsom Prison Blues. "..on down to San Antone" "I hang my head and cry" etc.

For a really high note what about the very first "to awesome town" in Last Train to Awesome Town? I couldn't hit it in falsetto but I was doing Johnny Cash songs all night.
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Spectrauma wrote:

I see! And that's why this is being said again: thank goodness for being allowed to sing in any octave. Otherwise...

Girls wouldn't stand a chance on the leaderboards; guys would have it so much easier

EDIT: Also, Rock Lobster has two high C6's right in the last two phrases.
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
tidus wrote:
Spectrauma wrote:

Girls wouldn't stand a chance on the leaderboards; guys would have it so much easier

You do have a point. Low notes seem to be PHYSICALLY impossible to be hit by most girls, at least I've never heard of a girl keeping a note below A2 or something. As for us guys and high notes, regular use of falsetto would somehow help us get there.

zage1337  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Got Stripes last note sounds like an F2. and that phrase in Folsom Prison Blues is an E2

And I can't believe this one has never been mentioned. Would You Go With me by Josh Turner has some nice D2#s during the verses.

bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeoff wrote:
The whole last verse of Walk the Line is hell... Way too deep. -_-

This. I have a deep voice, and I think I'm capable of producing that note but if I am it's not clear enough for the game to register. Not sure if that problem is more with me or with the vox engine not being intended to pick up sounds that are only audible to dogs. C2, jesus christ.
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Not sure if that problem is more with me or with the vox engine not being intended to pick up sounds that are only audible to dogs. C2, jesus christ.

I'm so looking up for the latter...I question myself a lot regarding the lowest note I can produce, when trying something lower than the F2 on the shower. There's always that case of being able to produce these low notes or something close outside the game, but the game itself can't pick them.

JOE2210  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more to do with the clarity you can do those kinds of low pitches at. I can hit stuff like the "scheide" in Du Hast in the original octave outside of the game (trust me, I measured it) but the lack of volume and extra resonance makes it really hard for the game to pick up. I reckon that even the original singers would have issue hitting those notes in the game because of the way the notes are much more resonant.
Sorry if resonant isn't the right terminology, hopefully you know what I mean. I'm not a music student XD

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: