FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Highest and lowest notes in RB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMS  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
zage1337 wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:
According to Kawigi's data shacklers is a C3# not a C2#

That's because the intro is charted up a whole octave. Which makes sense, otherwise the song would have 3 1/2 octaves charted making the pitch lines much much harder to read.

If this is truely the case why would their be octave numbers at all? That doesn't make any sense. If the octave numbers aren't always correct then they shouldn't even be there, it should just give you the note. And for shackler's i really doubt there is 3 1/2 octaves in that song. It doesn't even sound close to 3 1/2.

Straight from Kawigi's site that Bclare linked to earlier:
Quote:
Quite often, songs aren't charted in the correct octave. For instance, higher-range songs may be charted an octave down, and lower-range songs may be charted an octave up. This is fine for the game engine, which doesn't really care what octave you really sing in. However, it refutes most efforts at analyzing songs relative to each other. I left the octave numbers in, however, because most of the time the songs are at least charted consistently within the song (e.g. the whole song will be charted an octave higher, not just part of it). Some songs are not even charted in a consistent octave, either, and those songs also don't appear to be consistent in the game. Use your judgement to decide which octave the song is really in if you care. As a point of reference, C4 is middle C - the only C that can be comfortably sung by most women and most men.

Also, I'm not an expert at pitches and octaves, but the Shackler's Revenge intro octave jump sounds quite large to me, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a 3 1/2 octave jump.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shackler's Revenge is definitely 3 and a half octaves from top to bottom. I have a 3 1/2 octave singing range including falsetto, and I can't quite produce the highest note on demand ("no one is stopping you from doing what you want to do...") while I can still (barely) comfortably produce the lows in the intro ("I've got a funny feeling...").
murdershot21  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch that, I tried Black Magic just now and hit it.
Mud on the Tires has a D2? What a coincidence that's the lowest note on my range

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: murdershot21 PSN Name: N/A
theblue  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he sleeps in grove is also a RBN song that has some pretty high notes as well. since its an opera voice its pretty much a falsetto singer's dream.
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Sleeps in a Grove goes up to G5, not really high enough for this list... I only included notes from A5 onwards because those are the ones people had trouble hitting. But thanks anyway. :)
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoonman and JCP have to be up there SOMEWHERE I would guess.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:

I can't think of anything that's even abnormally high in Spoonman.

I do know the highest note in a Boston song is a B5 in Peace of Mind (but only in one place, and in a phrase that's pretty easy to octave drop), and that was the highest note in the game for quite awhile, not sure if that's still as high as it goes or what.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:

Spoonman, not really.
Jesus Christ Pose Goes up to an A5 if I recall correctly, as does Painkiller and several other songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle and POKE: JCP goes as high as G5#, at least according to VoxData.

Spoonman's highest note is an F5. ;-)

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Uunoftw  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
82erkle and B-Fuzz: JCP goes as high as G5#, at least according to VoxData.

Spoonman's highest note is an F5. ;-)

I belive that the high note on JCP goes up to A5 but it only slightly touches it so it could go either way.
Don't know if F5 qualifies for this list (it's WAY too high for me but still).
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 0756262955296727
Choft  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure as I've only played this song once or twice in GHSH and it was on guitar, but I heard some really high notes in more than a feeling by boston. There's one in there somewhere that sounded pretty ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Summertime Rolls - A♯5
The third last phrase: "I love her"

The 6 last phrases of this song are charted one octave above what can really be heard.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, so they are... thanks for pointing that out. :)

Also I've added low notes to the first post. Right now we only have four songs, so feel free to suggest anything that reaches or goes below G2.
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found at least one song, hopefully I'll chase some more low-ranged songs.

In "Story of My Life", F2# is the lowest note, which is hit about 6 times.

Edit: Nine Inch Nails' "Burn" also has an F2#, Trent "sings" it in "Did you not re-al-ize?".

Last edited by tidus on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
zage1337  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Falcon Fuzz constantly goes all the way down to F2.
Ditto to March of The Pigs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: