FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RockBand.com APIs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: RockBand.com APIs? Reply with quote

This one's for the developers.

I was wondering if in the future, ScoreHero will support the RockBand.com APIs. Those are the stuff that guys like Keldon and RockBandStats.com use to get scores automatically.

http://www.rockband.com/leaderboardapi.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
Sixen  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would defeat the purpose of having score tracking on SH for RB then if you had the official leader boards on the site to see your scores.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
I think that would defeat the purpose of having score tracking on SH for RB then if you had the official leader boards on the site to see your scores.

You probably understood him more correctly, but I interpreted him as saying that scorehero should implement a similar leaderboard data feed for programmers to use to get and manipulate data, rather than scraping HTML pages (like I assume SmugDuckling's site and qirex's leaderboard scripts do).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:

Sixen was sort of more accurate. I just find it might sometimes be easier if scores could be updated automatically rather than manually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
Sixen  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcanadiano wrote:
Sixen wrote:

Sixen was sort of more accurate. I just find it might sometimes be easier if scores could be updated automatically rather than manually.

oh if you just want it to update scores automatically and not necessarily use the leaderboards then I guess you could use the API and connect your SH account to your RB account and then do it that way. Maybe someone with more knowledge on how that would work could explain it.

I would assume that would take a decent amount of work. SH is getting an overhaul at somepoint, that might be something they look into. I remember a LONG time ago for GH1 there was a way to put scores in a spreadsheet and it would automatically update your scores. But theres still some manual work there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
elcanadiano wrote:
Sixen wrote:

oh if you just want it to update scores automatically and not necessarily use the leaderboards then I guess you could use the API and connect your SH account to your RB account and then do it that way. Maybe someone with more knowledge on how that would work could explain it.

I would assume that would take a decent amount of work. SH is getting an overhaul at somepoint, that might be something they look into. I remember a LONG time ago for GH1 there was a way to put scores in a spreadsheet and it would automatically update your scores. But theres still some manual work there.

It's also only really for people who play exclusively on one account and don't care about keeping track of streaks, percentages or stars, and only ever play on one difficulty level, and on one coop configuration. I understand that manual entry seems like quite a chore for people just getting into scorehero, but when it comes down to it, it's really necessary to take advantage of the fact that scorehero is a better, and more well-featured leaderboard application than the one implemented by the game.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: