FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 Leagues - Leagues Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually considering signing up for RB2X bass considering the fact that RB2H guitar got cut. I'd probably be in the lowest division but I don't really care. I'm still updating my bass scores, and I'll have it done by the deadline, then I'll sign up.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
niq24601  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I almost missed the need to re-sign up ... could the OP please put something in the thread subject so that everyone is sure to re-read the first post ?

And thanks for bringing back leagues! I'm ready to get pwned in expert drums .

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB2 full band didn't make it? REALLY? That was my fallback in case on-disc G/B didn't make it - and I'm not really willing to do the all DLC league.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
RB2 full band didn't make it? REALLY? That was my fallback in case on-disc G/B didn't make it - and I'm not really willing to do the all DLC league.

It was never even close, IIRC it only had 3 or 4 signups

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

It was never even close, IIRC it only had 3 or 4 signups

That is correct. It was four bands. I hate that it got cut, too, but I understand that it had to. I think we started with about a dozen last season and by the end, most of the bands in the playoffs advanced simply for being the only one of each pair of bands that submitted. You might say that that's cool for the bands that advanced and all, but as one of the ones who was sticking it out and spending hours grinding songs we hated just to have the other team not even submit, it does make it less fun for the other participants when people drop out. Full band is my favorite thing about this game, and I hate to see it not make it, but I also have to admit it was the right choice.

Hopefully we'll have enough commitment to leagues this time that we run them again, maybe after RB3 comes out, and maybe by then there will be a resurgence in the interest in full band competition.

Part of the problem with a lot of the RB leagues not having the numbers is a divide between people who want to play on-disk and ones who want to play DLC. If all the ones interested in full band wanted to do the same thing, there may have been enough to have a league, but at the time of the first cuts, there were four bands signed up for on-disk and 3 for DLC. We cut DLC at that point, hoping those bands would move their signups, but they didn't. If all 7 had signed up for one division, we may have kept it, but on the one hand, some people are sick of on-disk and would not enjoy that, and others don't want to or can't get the DLC to compete in that. Again, hopefully RB3 can bridge that divide for a while and we can take advantage of it if and when there's another season.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Deschain  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
Again, hopefully RB3 can bridge that divide for a while and we can take advantage of it if and when there's another season.

Exactly what I was going to say. Now we have to look for a keytarist...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
at the time of the first cuts, there were four bands signed up for on-disk and 3 for DLC. We cut DLC at that point, hoping those bands would move their signups, but they didn't.

Even though I had almost no interest in an On-Disc band again, the love for full banding was stronger. My band switched over at least, which means someone didn't resign up.

Also, do you guys ever go outside of scorehero to advertise these things? I play with a whole slew of people online that don't use scorehero forums much are bother to submit scores that had no clue these were going on. Does anyone link the leagues on the official site or xbox forums? It would both generate more interest and push new people to scorehero.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
at the time of the first cuts, there were four bands signed up for on-disk and 3 for DLC. We cut DLC at that point, hoping those bands would move their signups, but they didn't.

Even though I had almost no interest in an On-Disc band again, the love for full banding was stronger. My band switched over at least, which means someone didn't resign up.

Also, do you guys ever go outside of scorehero to advertise these things? I play with a whole slew of people online that don't use scorehero forums much are bother to submit scores that had no clue these were going on. Does anyone link the leagues on the official site or xbox forums? It would both generate more interest and push new people to scorehero.

I will be happy to say my band (well 3 of us from IB who had time for this) did not sign up. I am not saying I am happy there is no league, but most people on here know the hours we have played on disc songs on a band over the past 2 years. We just wouldn't find it fun in the least to play a bunch of on disc songs hours at a time. We were hoping for the DLC to stick through.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
niq24601  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full band DLC players, maybe hop on over to the rivalries thread?

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
batsmak  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good time to offically come back to scorehero. most of the scores I have to submit that I haven't gotten to yet are top 50 or so as it is...

It's Time for Fun Times!
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

batsmak wrote:
I think this is a good time to offically come back to scorehero. most of the scores I have to submit that I haven't gotten to yet are top 50 or so as it is...

It's Time for Fun Times!
Holy crap, I haven't seen this guy since Azurite exploded after RB1 came out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:
batsmak wrote:

It's Time for Fun Times!

XD thanks. Although I was singing in that band, even though guitar is my best instrument, due to having 2 superior guitarists in the band...

I've since gotten way way better on guitar and am now a better-than-average expert drummer, too, So I'm doing RB2 Guitar and OMB, and looking forward to it!
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

batsmak wrote:
Carltheshredder wrote:
batsmak wrote:

It's Time for Fun Times!

XD thanks. Although I was singing in that band, even though guitar is my best instrument, due to having 2 superior guitarists in the band...

I've since gotten way way better on guitar and am now a better-than-average expert drummer, too, So I'm doing RB2 Guitar and OMB, and looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I signed up for RB2 X Bass. Good luck to everyone.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Asphyx1ateD  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointed GDRB XGuitar lost out, but not exactly surprised.

In again for RB2 Co-Op DLC, GHSH XGuitar, and now GDRB XDrums... though I can see myself getting raped by Dookie. Some of the songs look ridiculous.

Previous Metal Gear Solid 4 World Record holder
PS3 Trophy Card / 360 Gamercard

PSN: PhantoM- // Platinum Guitarist
Expert Guitar/Drums (Ions) - DLC Quickplay
The Beatles, Green Day and Rock Band 3 (with RB1 RB2, Lego, Green Day and AC/DC exports)
Guitar Hero 3, World Tour, Metallica, Smash Hits, GH5, Band Hero, Warriors of Rock and DJ Hero
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Asphyx1ateD PSN Name: PhantoM-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: