FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 Leagues - Leagues Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsboy85 wrote:
How will the songs be chosen for the leagues, per week?

For solo leagues all the songs that are possible choices for the league are divided into 4 tiers, one song will be randomly chosen from each tier every week.
'
I'm not entirely sure how coop/OMB are handled

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
sportsboy85 wrote:
How will the songs be chosen for the leagues, per week?

For solo leagues all the songs that are possible choices for the league are divided into 4 tiers, one song will be randomly chosen from each tier every week.
'
I'm not entirely sure how coop/OMB are handled

There was a post earlier in this thread that the songs for coop/OMB would increase in difficulty each week. I'm not sure where the post is or how exactly that will work, but it makes sense.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:
yet a league for a game that hasn't even come out yet made the cut, lol..
As explained on the signup page for that league, it is being run regardless. We all pretty much agreed that if at all possible we wanted to run at least one GDRB league since the release so closely coincided with the start of leagues. Drums had more signups than the other instruments.

We know it will have less participants but since it's a unique opportunity to play a league with unknown charts, and it's new and fresh, we want to give people a chance to compete while it is new.

So often a league is dominated by people just following charts and squeezing the hell out of them; with no chart images or paths and very little experience in playing the songs/charts, it will be a very different, and, I think, more fun league to play in.

You do know the leagues start a week after the game comes out, right? The charts would be hardly unknown by then...
You know exactly what I mean, it's spelled out in my previous post. Obviously people will have played the songs, but there's a difference between playing a song for a week and having chart images and computer generated paths for songs that have been out for years.

A week is all it takes for this community. Trust me, people will have figured out optimal path for most of the songs by the end of the 1st week of playoffs. You don't need chart images and generated paths. Plus it's summer, which means more free time for some people.

EDIT: I'm also interested in this: "It is probable that most or all players will compete in the playoffs"... You can come in last and still most likely make the playoffs? AWESOME!...
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg (and anyone else feeling tempted to just jump between the three threads on this site about leagues and post complaint after complaint because your league didn't make the cut),

We are very sorry that some of the leagues did not have enough interest to warrant running them, but going around and being snarky and complaining about everything you can think if is not going to accomplish anything, except for possibly getting you a "time out" from the site.

If you have any other problems you feel the need to vent about, feel free to PM me, but stop spamming the forums with the same basic messages over and over again and/or your general need to express grumpiness.

EDIT TO CLARIFY: I'm not saying you can't express some disappointment -- there are a lot of leagues I would have LOVED to see make, in particular the full band ones. I lost one of the ones I really wanted to do back in the first round. But there is no reason for the same user to keep restating how pissed off they are over and over and being antagonistic about the leagues that did have enough interest.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the reasoning behind deleting my post?
This is just ridiculous now. Give me a time out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice double kill on those deleted posts...

Quote:
EDIT: I'm also interested in this: "It is probable that most or all players will compete in the playoffs"... You can come in last and still most likely make the playoffs? AWESOME!...

Still interested about this. What was the reasoning behind making this a rule of that league? What's the point of even trying if you can still make the playoffs even when you are in last place? How come every league isn't like this if this one is? Seems hardly fair to the people who will optimal very song and make playoffs, and people who come in last and make playoffs.
kelseyb14  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every league i signed up for was cut after every preliminary haha. im surprised rb2 all dlc vox didnt make it oh well i signed up for rb2 all dlc OMB (even though i suck at guitar) and GD:RB drums. should be fun!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
nice double kill on those deleted posts...

Quote:

Still interested about this. What was the reasoning behind making this a rule of that league? What's the point of even trying if you can still make the playoffs even when you are in last place? How come every league isn't like this if this one is? Seems hardly fair to the people who will optimal very song and make playoffs, and people who come in last and make playoffs.

There is an issue of seeding and byes that come from rankings. Sure you can say fk it and just submit a single run each week, but then you could end up playing more rounds and facing much harder competition in trying to win the playoffs.

Edit; Also, we did not have a goal of how many total leagues to run. We didn't say, lets let GDRB be in, but now we need to take out a different league. So complaining that a league was chosen that you have no interest in really did not affect the decision of any other league.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:

You post right beneath the post saying to stop posting just to complain, just to complain, and you don't understand what's wrong? Seriously? Quit being a baby. Everyone gets it, you're mad. Sorry.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:

You post right beneath the post saying to stop posting just to complain, just to complain, and you don't understand what's wrong? Seriously? Quit being a baby. Everyone gets it, you're mad. Sorry.

My post you deleted, I wasn't complaining, hence it beginning with 'Oh well'.
I stated, oh well my leagues got cut, and that I will go drown my sorrows with alcohol and strippers. Unless the alcohol and strippers part was a no no.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
Quit being a baby. Everyone gets it, you're mad. Sorry.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:

My post you deleted, I wasn't complaining, hence it beginning with 'Oh well'.
I stated, oh well my leagues got cut, and that I will go drown my sorrows with alcohol and strippers. Unless the alcohol and strippers part was a no no.

You have posted another 5 times tonight to express your dissatisfaction with the leagues you wanted to enter being cut. My post is specifically directed at people, like you, continuing to post over and over how sad/mad/victimized they feel about their league getting cut. Your continuing to complain is not going to get those leagues reinstated. People are giving up their time to run these and to run a lot of them, even ones that would normally have been cut, and you act like you are entitled to have everything go exactly they way YOU think it should. The world does not work that way, sorry.

If you are going to bring this negativity with you to the RB G/B Co-Op league, which despite your dramatic declarations that you weren't going to do leagues without hard divisions you promptly signed up for with tonight's other drama queen, I'm pretty sure it could be arranged for you not to participate in that one, either.

TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention to those hard players that signed up for leagues but unfortunately our leagues didn't make the cut, check out this thread...thanks.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31246

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do try to keep in mind this thread is about Official League Sign-ups. The nearly page and a half of posts I just split out had gotten so far off subject it was ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

There is an issue of seeding and byes that come from rankings. Sure you can say fk it and just submit a single run each week, but then you could end up playing more rounds and facing much harder competition in trying to win the playoffs.

Edit; Also, we did not have a goal of how many total leagues to run. We didn't say, lets let GDRB be in, but now we need to take out a different league. So complaining that a league was chosen that you have no interest in really did not affect the decision of any other league.
For the record, the GDRB league has more interest now than it did at the end of the last cut..so this probably wont happen now anyway.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: