FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW STEVE VAI DLC!!! - The Crying Machine (Live) GO GO NOW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitardan147  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: NEW STEVE VAI DLC!!! - The Crying Machine (Live) GO GO NOW! Reply with quote

Guys... check out the The Crying Machine (Live) DLC Now -- its not in the store, but theres a market place link... Its absolutely awesome.. Took it in practice mode and got 87% on sightread -- It's incredibly fun to play...

The charted violin sections are good - theres a nice strummy section and some pretty quick sweeps also shortly after -- and ghost notes galore.. Its not batshit crazy, but its alot of fun!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000281-0000-4000-8000-000045410869

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
soundbarrier4  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome man, but if we made threads for every new song on the RBN, this forum would be cluttered.

There's an all RBN thread a few threads down.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30286

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: soundbarrier4SH
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: NEW STEVE VAI DLC!!! - The Crying Machine (Live) GO GO N Reply with quote

AshleyAlden wrote:
guitardan147 wrote:
Guys... check out the The Crying Machine (Live) DLC Now -- its not in the store, but theres a market place link... Its absolutely awesome.. Took it in practice mode and got 87% on sightread -- It's incredibly fun to play...

The charted violin sections are good - theres a nice strummy section and some pretty quick sweeps also shortly after -- and ghost notes galore.. Its not batshit crazy, but its alot of fun!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000281-0000-4000-8000-000045410869

I see. The chart seems pretty off to me in places, but I'm no expert. I'll probably buy it seeing that he's my favourite guitarist, but what do you mean about ghost notes? I know what they are, but are you saying there's quite a few in this chart? O.o

Galore means there's a lot of them, yes (haven't seen the chart myself, just interpreting)
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundbarrier4 wrote:
Awesome man, but if we made threads for every new song on the RBN, this forum would be cluttered.

I would welcome that clutter... the big monster thread of doom is a bit hard for me to follow.
espher  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a vid. Didn't see many ghost notes (if any), but I might not have been looking for the right things. Chart didn't look like it would be that fun to me but ymmv.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
guitardan147  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one note followed by a very quick change to a note below or above, but it sounds like one note... lots of them about.... like you have to strum and hopo in 1 movement.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means grace notes, like when you play a note and hammer another one on really fast right after so they almost sound like one note. Ghost notes I believe are notes that are very quiet, like when a drummer will play a combination of loud, and really soft (usually the result of bouncing the stick) notes in the same beat.

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
espher  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitardan147 wrote:
one note followed by a very quick change to a note below or above, but it sounds like one note... lots of them about.... like you have to strum and hopo in 1 movement.

Oh, yeah. Those are all over the chart haha.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the song isn't that great.

It's charted well enough but it's just not that fun to play...
There's a lot of boring between the good parts and the whole thing is no where near as epic as For the love of God. Probably the worst Vai song released.

I gave it 3/5 as it was charted well and fun in places but not as good as the other Vai songs.
Uunoftw  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good song and chart but the rest of Vai songs are better. Still totally worth it.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 0756262955296727
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: