FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/11/10 Album DLC - Judas Priest - British Steel (Live)!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: 5/11/10 Album DLC - Judas Priest - British Steel (Live)! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (May 11):

• Breaking the Law (Live) by Judas Priest +
    Chart previews:

• Rapid Fire (Live) by Judas Priest +
    Chart previews:

• Metal Gods (Live) by Judas Priest
    Chart previews:

• Grinder (Live) by Judas Priest +
    Chart previews:

• United (Live) by Judas Priest +
    Chart previews:

• Living After Midnight (Live) by Judas Priest
    Chart previews:

• You Don’t Have to Be Old to Be Wise (Live) by Judas Priest
    Chart previews:

• The Rage (Live) by Judas Priest +
    Chart previews:

• Steeler (Live) by Judas Priest +
    Chart previews:

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 May 12)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “British Steel 30th Anniversary,” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$14.99, £7.49 UK, €10.99 EU (1200 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “British Steel 30th Anniversary”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:
  • Forever In Your Hands by All That Remains (160 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Remedy by Seether (160 MSP) *
    Chart previews:

• We Are Not Anonymous by Unearth (80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:
  • Death Quota for Purification by The Myriad Burial (80 MSP)
    Chart previews: Full Band

• People Like You by Forever From Now (80 MSP)
    Chart previews: Full Band

• Unfurling A Darkened Gospel by Job For A Cowboy (80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Chelsea by The Summer Set (80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

Already-enabled songs now available for PS3:
  • Mordecai by Between the Buried and Me (160 MSP) *
    Chart previews:

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with a * are available for PlayStation 3. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by JCirri on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
MAYRAluvsYA  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the No Doubt songs listed
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYRAluvsYA wrote:
You have the No Doubt songs listed

Coming up next week: "Breaking the Law" by No Doubt
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made me laugh on my birthday. Thank you

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Is it possible we might see a Tragic Kingdom by Cradle Of Filth to continue the theme? That would be awesome.

Yes, I know what's going on. The titles have been switched around.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic DLC is epic. This day holds more importance than even the Megadeth albums to me. Being that I saw Judas Priest last year for my first metal show, I listened to this whole album live, and getting it live is just so much better cause it even sounds more awesome than the album.

Sadly couldn't afford all the songs, but got the 6 I most wanted. Rapid Fire is actually pretty hard lol
82erkle  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any really tough bass or guitar songs in the pack? If there is, I may get it.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:

No Bass songs are hard in this album. The "tough" Guitar songs for this, would definitely be Rapid Fire and Steeler.

This album was a real disappointment. Boring Drums, Boring Bass, Underplayed Vocals and only Decent Guitar. I can't believe that this album is so boring and it lacks the intensity of other Live Tracks. The biggest offense to me is the lack of crowd singing. It's really, REALLY low and hard to hear, but it brings up the question, why? Breaking The Law and Living After Midnight aren't that fun without the loudness.

Definitely Cherry-Pick this album. Rapid Fire, Steeler, Grinder, and Living After Midnight are worth getting. Breaking The Law is okay if you love the song enough.
themoron112  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that version of Breaking the Law is the one I heard live. Not sure about the other tracks but the fact I could be part of the crowdsinging makes me want to buy this

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
82erkle wrote:

No Bass songs are hard in this album. The "tough" Guitar songs for this, would definitely be Rapid Fire and Steeler.

This album was a real disappointment. Boring Drums, Boring Bass, Underplayed Vocals and only Decent Guitar. I can't believe that this album is so boring and it lacks the intensity of other Live Tracks. The biggest offense to me is the lack of crowd singing. It's really, REALLY low and hard to hear, but it brings up the question, why? Breaking The Law and Living After Midnight aren't that fun without the loudness.

Definitely Cherry-Pick this album. Rapid Fire, Steeler, Grinder, and Living After Midnight are worth getting. Breaking The Law is okay if you love the song enough.

Well no one should've expected this to be all that challenging. It may be Priest, but it's not like this is Painkiller or Screaming For Vengeance. It's a much more simpler album. What's funny, as someone that enjoys challenging songs (Not always the impossible, just challenging), I love United and Breaking the Law. Simple songs, but I could play these songs a few times lol Of course I knew the songs going in and that there was really only one or two technical songs, but I still say this an enjoyable album.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this really suffers on the vocals. Rob lets the audience sing quite often which is almost inaudible in this mix.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the entire album because it's Priest and it's amazingly good music (wasn't expecting it to be too much fun).

Rapid Fire was pretty hard though and I still haven't Gold-starred Steeler (only tried twice though).

Guitar: Breaking the Law is enjoyable if you like the song, Rabid Fire is the highlight - great by for any guitarist -, Living After Midnight is a strong track (song and almost instrument wise), Steeler is moderately not easy to FC (could be a challenge to pass for low-level Expert players), and United (which I never heard before) is a musically amazing track, but unsuprisingly not fun.

Drums: I found nothing particularly challenging, but there were some interesting rolls (nothing that will be hard to FC, just interesting). I think it was Grinder that had a pretty fun drum solo (lots of rolling), so that would be a good song to pick up for drummers. However, not much else has anything worth getting (unless you like the song).

Overall it's musically a great album (one of the definitive Metal albums) and pretty fun on Guitar, not so much on the other instruments (no bass was higher than Tier 3, it sounds like straight strumming for the most part, but there was a bass-intro solo that sounded good, but would provide no challenge). If you really like Judas Priest, buy the whole thing. If you enjoy Priest, pick up the highlights for your instrument and whatever sounds the best. If you don't enjoy Priest and want a challenge there's not much for you.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
I bought the entire album because it's Priest and it's amazingly good music (wasn't expecting it to be too much fun).

Rapid Fire was pretty hard though and I still haven't Gold-starred Steeler (only tried twice though).

Guitar: Breaking the Law is enjoyable if you like the song, Rabid Fire is the highlight - great by for any guitarist -, Living After Midnight is a strong track (song and almost instrument wise), Steeler is moderately not easy to FC (could be a challenge to pass for low-level Expert players), and United (which I never heard before) is a musically amazing track, but unsuprisingly not fun.

Drums: I found nothing particularly challenging, but there were some interesting rolls (nothing that will be hard to FC, just interesting). I think it was Grinder that had a pretty fun drum solo (lots of rolling), so that would be a good song to pick up for drummers. However, not much else has anything worth getting (unless you like the song).

Overall it's musically a great album (one of the definitive Metal albums) and pretty fun on Guitar, not so much on the other instruments (no bass was higher than Tier 3, it sounds like straight strumming for the most part, but there was a bass-intro solo that sounded good, but would provide no challenge). If you really like Judas Priest, buy the whole thing. If you enjoy Priest, pick up the highlights for your instrument and whatever sounds the best. If you don't enjoy Priest and want a challenge there's not much for you.

My experience with this album, and recommendations, are summed up here. Although if you're a guitarist who doesn't enjoy priest, at least look at the Rapid Fire solo. God damn it's alot of fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeler is the best song in the pack (on guitar), and probably the best on the album. I love the chart, as well. United and The Rage are worthless...both as charts and songs in general (The Rage is right up there with Turning Circles and Johnny B. Goode as the worst things Priest have recorded). Not a bad buy...drums are simple but fun (and some WTFrolls from out of nowhere). I've never been a fan of Rob's vocal delivery live...too much "talk-singing" and cramming phrases (bridge in Grinder in particular). Ian Hill's bass is as non-present as always And yes, I LOVE Judas Priest.

Can we get a Painkiller 20th Anniversary Album DLC?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfurling A Darkened Gospel by Job For A Cowboy (80 MSP)

whattt !!!! does anyone have a full band video of this ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: