FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pathing full band question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevilay  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Pathing full band question Reply with quote

Are activations the same for full band on hard and expert? For example, if were playing full band on expert with a path, but the singer drops down to hard. Will the activations all be the same? Or do they all change on hard.

Kevin
uSound  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that if the singer changes difficulty, the path would stay the same. However, if any of the others changed, then the path could be different.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phrases are in the same place, same amount of OD, same activation windows, but expert vox is 1000 points per phrase base score (so 4000 with multiplier) and hard vox is 800 base (3200 with multiplier). A vox solo path will be the same on all difficulties, but in a full band, changing vox difficulty might change the path slightly to emphasize sections that are heavier on instruments. The expert optimal path should still be a very good path though.
kevilay  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright awesome, but if the drums changed it fucks the path up right cause all the activations are different? Or is it still the same?

Kevin
niq24601  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevilay wrote:
alright awesome, but if the drums changed it fucks the path up right cause all the activations are different? Or is it still the same?

Possibly. It depends on the location of the OD phrases relative to the fill. Putting any instrument on hard will affect the minimum time between having the drums hit half an OD bar and and the OD fill lanes showing up.

Also keep in mind that playing accurately is way more important than pathing. The difference between the natural path getting 100% on all instruments and the optimal path getting 98% is very small.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niq24601 wrote:

Also keep in mind that playing accurately is way more important than pathing. The difference between the natural path getting 100% on all instruments and the optimal path getting 98% is very small.

100% not true... Path > accuracy. Not to say hitting parts isn't important - You need to be hitting OD phrases and activating in a section you cant play at all negates everything, but path means everything. Take it from a guy who was on top of the band leaderboards. We weren't killing it in Better Than You--v because we had the most FBFC's ... it was our pathing expertise. Even the smallest tweak in activation can be 25k + in a song. A complete reworking of a path can easily be 50k+

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: