FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Top 100 Hardest Bass FCs (Update: June 28th, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
In the interest of being OCD I'm pretty sure the most correct way to write the name of the Run to the Hills cover is simply Run to the Hills. It is easily differentiated from the master because the master is called Run to the Hills (Original Version). Just like Tom Sawyer and Tom Sawyer (Original Version). I don't know why everyone thinks it's necessary to put (cover) after it.

And the artist phrasing and text color clearly shows it's the RB1 cover. I'll remove the redundancy.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're being OCD, then the Beatles songs don't need the artist listed (if it's in Green then it's from the game that has only Beatles songs), and also there are no free 20 songs on the list, so there's no need to specify a color for them
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible (just a suggestion), for each song link to a YouTube video (good quality/no clicking/etc please) of the chart for those of us who don't have it but would still like to see it?

Also, how is any song ranked harder than American Music which is unFCed? o_O

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
If possible (just a suggestion), for each song link to a YouTube video (good quality/no clicking/etc please) of the chart for those of us who don't have it but would still like to see it?

Also, how is any song ranked harder than American Music which is unFCed? o_O

It just came out like a week ago, and not a whole lot of people have played it. Visions took months to FC with a lot of people trying, same for Thrasher. Other songs got FCed quickly because they were very popular DLC. I think American Music is fine where it is for now, but if it stays unFCed for long then there might be an argument for moving it up
CHawk  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: The New Top 50 Hardest Bass FCs List (+unFCed listing) Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
0 Her Majesty by The Beatles - starts with a green sustain and goes insane from there.

I am CHawk and I approve of this ranking of this impossible song.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot about this list that makes me question my abilities to play the plastic guitar. Jesus Christ Pose at number 6? In my opinion it belongs somewhere around 15, maybe lower. Holy Wars, In Memory, Run to the Hills, and Parhelia are all beyond me right now but I can FC JCP maybe 20% of the time.

If you need a reason for Parhelia being so high, it's because of 13nps strumming throughout the song that moves between four frets. Also, Visions is missing a word ["with its that can pop out"].

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're being OCD, then there are 51 songs on the list of the top 50 hardest Bass FCs, which actually does bug me a little .__.

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna keep the band listings for the Beatles and AC/DC songs for consistency, and if people with these songs would like to provide good videos, I'd be more than willing to put them in the OP. (I have a video of a D/B FC of Club Foot that LasFas recorded that could be used, as long as highway transparency isn't a problem.)

Quote:
There's a lot about this list that makes me question my abilities to play the plastic guitar. Jesus Christ Pose at number 6? In my opinion it belongs somewhere around 15, maybe lower. Holy Wars, In Memory, Run to the Hills, and Parhelia are all beyond me right now but I can FC JCP maybe 20% of the time.

I could totally move it down, although I question putting it below Holy Wars. I might move that down as well though. I personally wouldn't even include Club Foot or Trippolette, but there are people who find them hard.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If highway transparency is the only good quality we can get (to put in the OP), I suppose it can't be helped.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Music is undoubtably way too low. Just look at the songs around it. The song above it is listed as having 4 11 NPS strumming bursts, while American Music has 8 straight measures of 11 NPS+ strumming in the most awkward chord formations.

I would say the reason it is so low is because people haven't played the damn thing yet. it is much much much harder than it looks. Today, I played the outro for 20 minutes straight and didn't FC it. Then I -2'd RevDeath about an hour later. Play the damn song before you argue that it is "only bad because no one tried it."

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
American Music is undoubtably way too low. Just look at the songs around it. The song above it is listed as having 4 11 NPS strumming bursts, while American Music has 8 straight measures of 11 NPS+ strumming in the most awkward chord formations.

I would say the reason it is so low is because people haven't played the damn thing yet. it is much much much harder than it looks. Today, I played the outro for 20 minutes straight and didn't FC it. Then I -2'd RevDeath about an hour later. Play the damn song before you argue that it is "only bad because no one tried it."

Well, when I say bursts for PPLL, it's a variable speed around 11nps, and the bursts are more like 20-30 notes long each (I didn't know a better term than burst), and there's some odd HOPOs between the last two. (Also, people seem to miss in the last five notes a lot.)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

Well, when I say bursts for PPLL, it's a variable speed around 11nps, and the bursts are more like 20-30 notes long each (I didn't know a better term than burst), and there's some odd HOPOs between the last two. (Also, people seem to miss in the last five notes a lot.)

That's pretty much irrelevant to my point. It was simply an example. Try to FC American Music and then justify your ranking of it. Please.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
inv4der wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

That's pretty much irrelevant to my point. It was simply an example. Try to FC American Music and then justify your ranking of it. Please.

With no experience with it, that's where I put it, opinions of those who have played it are very welcome, and if you have a suggestion of where it should actually be that's reasonable given its status as a new song (that not too many people have worked on) with its only apparent hard part being the outro, I'm totally willing to consider it.

I don't really have a desire to buy it, since I'm low on points (260 total) and am expecting RBN songs that I actually like (I'm not huge fan of the song) to show up some time soon. (If anyone has a 160 point code and wants to give me it for this, I will oblige for the purpose of a more accurate ranking of the track.)

My point was more that I have no knowledge of the section beyond the numbers, and besides yourself, no one has been suggesting a move upwards. I am not inclined to move it drastically since it's new enough and just recently was noticed, and want to see what happens in the next week or so before I make a decision. If it turns out to be hard and I find this from multiple opinions and possibly a personal play of it, I'm more than willing to move it up to the top25 or higher, although that's unlikely given the difficulty of those songs. (My personal experience and that of others is why In Memory is as high as it is.)

EDIT: I moved it to above Painkiller which seems reasonable to me, since not too many people seem to find it hard.

EDIT2: I will point out that other than American Music, I do own every single song on this list, so it's not like I have no experience with these songs. (I've probably FCed at least half of them as well. >__>)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO american music could potentially be top 10. I would at the very least put it at #15. I also tried the outro for a long time and never even broke 98%.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some perspective: I've practiced American Music's outro for 45 minutes today and didn't FC it once.

I just FC'd Take No Prisoners after 15 minutes of playing.

I would put it at 5th. I'm not even kidding. Until other people have actually played the song attempting for an FC and it's either confirmed that it's fucking hard or I'm just shit there's no point of really messing with it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 3 of 64

Jump to: