FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How will scoretracking for PS3 RBN tracks be handled?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: How will scoretracking for PS3 RBN tracks be handled? Reply with quote

(I realized after posting this could have gone in the RBN subforum as well..sorry!)

Has there been any decision on how this will be handled since obviously there will be many tracks on 360 that aren't available on PS3? I have a lot of questions, so I apologize ahead of time

If possible probably the best and most consistent thing to do would be to add PS3 under the RBN heading and then add to that only the tracks which are available for PS3.

That brings up more questions though - since PS3 is getting far fewer tracks, and they are supposedly already screened as the "best selling and in demand" tracks, will they be added automatically? Or will they have to be voted on like 360 tracks?

If they are to be voted on that brings up a few more questions. Since there are far far fewer PS3 users than 360, that would make it harder for PS3 users to vote for their tracks. Would there in that case be different requirements and thus a different "store" for voting for PS3 tracks? Or possibly "Vote 360" and "Vote PS3" buttons?

Would it be possible that any track released for PS3 would then be automatically scoretracked for both systems (if not already enabled for 360) since it is deemed "best selling and in demand" by harmonix?
Munzapoppa  

Location: In front of my PS3, feeding my addiction to Green Day Rock Band. NO I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How will scoretracking for PS3 RBN tracks be handled? Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Would it be possible that any track released for PS3 would then be automatically scoretracked for both systems (if not already enabled for 360) since it is deemed "best selling and in demand" by harmonix?

I think this would be the best route, because with the small amount of songs we are getting every week, it's worth it to have them all have scoretracking. And it's not right for songs to be tracked on one of the two systems and not on the other. However, this might be a bit of a problem because of the songs that aren't authored by RhythmAuthors.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How will scoretracking for PS3 RBN tracks be handled? Reply with quote

Munzapoppa wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

I think this would be the best route, because with the small amount of songs we are getting every week, it's worth it to have them all have scoretracking. And it's not right for songs to be tracked on one of the two systems and not on the other. However, this might be a bit of a problem because of the songs that aren't authored by RhythmAuthors.
If they did that I think they would just treat those songs as if they had been voted on - enable them and then refund the votes.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not giving word on this yet as things have been crazy the past few days. We still haven't decided how this will be handled, but I plan to address it soon.

I'm going to relax and catch up on the NFL draft right now - tomorrow I'll consider the options here and hopefully have support added (in some way) shortly thereafter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the easiest way to handle this is to simply make songs available for the PS3 which become enabled by existing means. The only realistic alternative is to drop the voting system and enable the ported songs instead.

I'd rather leave it up to you all which songs you want to see tracked. If a song is available for the PS3, then that may just be further motivation for you to cast your votes, and/or put some points towards enabling it.

But having the voting system in addition to enabling the ported songs, which by definition, are the more popular / higher-selling tracks, is somewhat redundant and renders the voting system useless (for the most part).

With that said, the following RBN songs are now up for PS3 score-tracking:

• Drunken Lullabies (Live) by Flogging Molly ($1.00)
  • Code Monkey by Jonathan Coulton ($2.00)
  • Even Rats by The Slip ($2.00)
  • For The Love of God (Live) by Steve Vai ($2.00)

The only one not yet enabled from the first PS3 bunch is Australia by The Shins.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a good solution. After all, PS3 people will probably spend all their votes on those songs so they'll have a good chance of getting unlocked.

I'd still like to have some sort of notification of what songs get unlocked each week, so that I'd know if I need to go and change my votes.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one problem I have with this is that the voting is still done from overall users, and since there are much less ps3 users than 360 it makes it that much harder for a ps3 user to get a song enabled without shelling out a large amount of $.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
The one problem I have with this is that the voting is still done from overall users, and since there are much less ps3 users than 360 it makes it that much harder for a ps3 user to get a song enabled without shelling out a large amount of $.

But ps3 votes will probably also be more focused, so I think bclare is ultimately right.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
I think bclare is ultimately right.

I might put that in my sig.

No but seriously, also consider that the PS3 songs will be mostly popular ones anyway, so they should already be getting votes. Heck this week only 1 of the 5 hadn't already been activated.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, "Australia" wasn't even in the top 5 before my prior post in this thread, and it's now winning for most votes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
This week only 1 of the 5 hadn't already been activated.
And this week only 1 of the 5 IS activated
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
For reference, "Australia" wasn't even in the top 5 before my prior post in this thread, and it's now winning for most votes.
I wish we could see the current vote totals..I would like to be able to vote for whichever PS3 songs are closest to being enabled.
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
bclare wrote:
This week only 1 of the 5 hadn't already been activated.
And this week only 1 of the 5 IS activated

So far. I'm sure they're all getting votes, but now they'll be getting more because of all PS3 peoples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: