FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/20/10 DLC - Coheed & Cambria 3-pack, Violent Femmes, more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guns of Summer wasn't all that terrible on guitar. Yeah it is tough to hold a combo but it certainly isn't Caprici or Satch Boogie hard.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
bobaramer  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm the only person on earth who isn't a Coheed and Cambria fan. Calm down, Guns isn't that hard on guitar. Also for the people who are saying it's the hardest song ever on drums, see Young Man Blues or hell even If 6 was 9. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Instruments: All of them on Expert
lucasadverse  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want more dream theater D:
Ace2401  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. I want Images and Words AND Scenes From A Memory full album downloads, like, 3 months ago.

Goals
FC all the songs that I haven't yet out of lazieness[]
Become Awesome[X]
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobaramer wrote:
I think I'm the only person on earth who isn't a Coheed and Cambria fan. Calm down, Guns isn't that hard on guitar. Also for the people who are saying it's the hardest song ever on drums, see Young Man Blues or hell even If 6 was 9. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Lolwut? Those songs are cakewalk in comparrision!

Still no sign of Supergrass. I find it odd that the song doesn't appear just as the marketplace hits 1050 downloadable items. That still doesn't explain why it isn't availible through the in-game store.
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
Parama  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobaramer wrote:

It's so hard to hold combo on Guns that it isn't even funny. I can't GS the song, yet I've GSed Caprici Di Diablo <.<
And on drums... yes YMB and If 6 was 9 have harder sections, but Guns is all-around crazy and rarely lets up. It's a lot harder to pass something like that than it is YMB or If 6 was 9.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"American Music" by Violent Femmes?? Are you f**king kidding me!?? Why not "Blister in the Sun"?? Great job Harmonix >_<

BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobaramer wrote:

I'm not a Coheed and Cambria fan but I sure did enjoy Guns on X-guitar.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
skywilliam  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobaramer wrote:
Also for the people who are saying it's the hardest song ever on drums, see Young Man Blues or hell even If 6 was 9. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I passed both of those on sightread but cannot grasp what is going on in the intro of "Guns" without taking it into practice mode. lol But, I'm having a hell of a time with "Makeup/Breakup" as well, so...

Honestly though, all three are must have's for drummers. I had a blast with the two that I passed.
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Year of the Black Rainbow FTW!!!!!

I can't wait to get these.

I love All three songs from that album. As for the other songs... not so much

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone on ps3 get these songs yet? my crazed co&ca fan roommate skipped his class to play these new songs. why aren't they there? it's 4:12 PM

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
did anyone on ps3 get these songs yet? my crazed co&ca fan roommate skipped his class to play these new songs. why aren't they there? it's 4:12 PM

PS3 updates are inconsistent. Sometimes they happen early in the morning, sometimes they don't happen until evening. I've actually seen it up Wednesday night before. Just give it time. Hopefully, they'll be more standardized when they switch to Tuesdays.
BMS  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

PS3 updates are inconsistent. Sometimes they happen early in the morning, sometimes they don't happen until evening. I've actually seen it up Wednesday night before. Just give it time. Hopefully, they'll be more standardized when they switch to Tuesdays.

Agreed, the PSN store is terribly inconsistent. The actual Rock Band store usually updates on time, but every time I've went to get DLC the day it's come out on the PS3 the PSN store has never updated with the Rock Band stuff even though I get home from school at like 4:00 PM.
As for the question itself, though, the Coheed and Cambria tracks should be up now. I accessed the RBN store and Rock Band store with no problem and bought the Coheed and Cambria tracks in the PSN store beforehand (though granted I had to use the search function to find the Coheed and Cambria pack. Yes, it pops up if you search for it but is nowhere to be seen if you try to download it from the store normally. ).
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I finally had an amazing run of Guns on Expert drums, and I BARELY miss because I accidentally activated one phrase early in the piss-easy outro! Haven't come withing 10k of that score since! But I finally have the basic idea of the song down now. I can FC all of the intro (and the parts like it) about 1 out of 5 times, and I can hit nearly all of it 3 times out of 5. I'm sure I will 5* this one day.

I agree with the person who compared it to The Perfect Drug. I think TPD was as hard in relation to the songs available back in its time, and they each were one of the hardest (but not quite the hardest) songs out and also probably the most technical of their time as well.

However, there is no way in hell it deserves to be ranked harder than Embedded. I still have yet to come close to passing it.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiddenzombie013 wrote:
However, there is no way in hell it deserves to be ranked harder than Embedded. I still have yet to come close to passing it.

Well, the first four sections are totally kicking my ass (I can handle them in practice mode at about 70% speed so far) so I can't get past 10% in the song. Some of the charts that have come out lately make me wonder if any of the testers at HMX play expert *without* BNS. Everything is so bunched together I have no idea what is going on (I found this to be an issue with parts of Rust in Peace and the Hendrix album as well).

So it's really a question of what types of charts you're good at. I have passed Embedded several times. This one looks like it will take me a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: