FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/20/10 DLC - Coheed & Cambria 3-pack, Violent Femmes, more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper565  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even get about 10% on Guns of Summer, I just fail. What the hell is this...

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
DontFearTheHobo  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guns of Summer is pretty nuts on drums. It's refreshing to see such a hard chart that doesn't include a blast beat and just isn't thrash metal.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DontFearTheHobo PSN Name: redsox127
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guns of Summer drums may be the hardest drums song since the Mayhem Pack. It's just nuts, no way I'll ever pass it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea Coheed and Cambria could have a song THAT difficult, holy cow.

Also, their new music, IMO is terrible. Some Coheed fans may like it, but I just don't like it at all.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's not as good as In Keeping Secrets or Good Apollo 1 but it's still not a terrible album IMO...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Chris Pennie for you. Crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked a video on YouTube and saw Guns of Summer.

HOLY FUCKSTICKS.

No disrespect to those who are good at blast beats and the Mayhem pack but personally to me this looks like THE hardest song out on drums.

It almost looks like Standing in the Shower, Jesus Christ Pose, Panic Attack, and god knows what else, all had a love child and it was infected with a massive dose of nuclear radiation.

yamo5  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...The new drummer for Coheed and Cambria is one million times better than whoever they had before because holy shit Guns of Summer is fucking insane.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
oct4v30n  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Drum Chart Priview Reply with quote

Here are videos for Here We Are Juggernaut and The Broken on Expert Drums.

Here We Are Juggernaut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6IqPmbYpSU

The Broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxQGYKvSNg
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamo5 wrote:
Wow...The new drummer for Coheed and Cambria is one million times better than whoever they had before because holy shit Guns of Summer is fucking insane.

Their previous drummers were Josh Eppard (all albums except Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow and Year of the Black Rainbow) and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters (Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow).

Their current drummer Chris Pennie is the former drummer and co-founder of the well known mathcore band The Dillinger Escape Plan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Guns of Summer drums may be the hardest drums song since the Mayhem Pack. It's just nuts, no way I'll ever pass it

It's nuts, and I may never pass it either, but (with regards to *passing*) there's only a couple really difficult (but frequently repeating) patterns that at least *seem* like I could potentially learn them. (compared to one of those metal songs that reminds me how incredibly out of shape I've become.)

Unfortunately, I don't utilize practice mode very frequently, as I rarely run into songs like this where i just can't see (or hear) the pattern. And I got a new TV a few months ago, which apparently I calibrated horribly, but mentally adjusted to, and practice mode is near useless, as nothing comes even close to lining up with the hitbox at 50%. I'm going to have to fix that, I think, which is probably going to mess up my regular game play until I re-adjust.

Thinking back, it's sort of the same sort of song *now* as what Perfect Drug was like with regards to my skill level when that song came out. One of those ones that will feel great to just pass, then eventually you can pass it every time, and then suddenly you're mad when you don't 5* it. I like those types of charts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i felt the same way with perfect drug lol couldnt pass it for a while, now i almost always 5* it haha. but this song look redic! havent downloaded it yet but i REALLY wanna try heh... <3 coheed, saw them in concert twice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedSharkGuy wrote:
I just checked a video on YouTube and saw Guns of Summer.

HOLY FUCKSTICKS.

No disrespect to those who are good at blast beats and the Mayhem pack but personally to me this looks like THE hardest song out on drums.

It almost looks like Standing in the Shower, Jesus Christ Pose, Panic Attack, and god knows what else, all had a love child and it was infected with a massive dose of nuclear radiation.

That was an AWESOME quote lol.

Honestly, this is crazy. I can't even tell notes apart from each other.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo... Is there a reason the Supergrass song still isn't available or is it just me? I've been checking constantly all yesterday and just now today. All I see is Coheed, Femmes, and Siousxe.
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
viper565  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of c&c, has anyone played the siouxsie song yet? I was considering that as well.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: