FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drums mastery rivalry - thesunfan wins with 55 golds!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesunfan  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By me saying that "I'd better be able to do it if Kawigi can," I didn't mean that Kawigi is worse than me, (see above post about him hitting odd fill that I've never hit before) just that back in the day when it was just me and him in this rivarly, well, our accomplishments nearly matched each other. There was one time when him and me were only seperated by one other person on the drums leaderboards for this site, which is extremely odd when we we're as low on the leaderboards as we were. For the sake of competition, I adopted that not because I thought that he was worse and can't do something I haven't, but to keep up with him, I needed to do so.

Also, I knew I would fall wayyyy behind after my red pad broke. It is seemingly getting better somehow, but still "Dies" alot in the middle of a song or disco beat. Especially the disco beats. I now understand your trouble Cweaver, I never had trouble with them before, not even when the bass was on the left foot, now they infuriate me. >.> Crossing my fingers for Ions, but I know for a fact that I'm getting a phone, but maybe my brother will accualluy get me what I want.
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, there's no stepping middle ground for me on the disco beats. I can pass Orange Crush and Rio(sort of, passed it once can't do it again), but after you get past Rio's speed, I can't touch the disco beat. Teen Age Riot and Everlong's beats are too fast for me. If I slow them down to 90%, they're easier, but I still can't hit them. I can pass both songs with help from my wife on guitar, but not solo.

Anyway, that's my rant. I won't be able to post a complete score for Everlong for leagues. On the plus side, I managed to squeeze a score out for AJGW, so that made me somewhat happy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a great song for us, the people trying to improve teh drumming. This song has everything from crossovers to off beat bass to leading fills with your left hand. The Hungry Wolf by X is hard to pass, but I highly suggest it if you want to try and improve in any of those areas especially crossovers, theres alot of them in this one part of the song.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesunfan wrote:
I found a great song for us, the people trying to improve teh drumming. This song has everything from crossovers to off beat bass to leading fills with your left hand. The Hungry Wolf by X is hard to pass, but I highly suggest it if you want to try and improve in any of those areas especially crossovers, theres alot of them in this one part of the song.

If you really want a hard HLTW challenge, play it on GH5 with the RB kit. I 4* on my sightread, and that's with a restart. (Sticks slipped out of my hand )

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
thesunfan  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
thesunfan wrote:

If you really want a hard HLTW challenge, play it on GH5 with the RB kit. I 4* on my sightread, and that's with a restart. (Sticks slipped out of my hand )

No, no, no. Not Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran, The Hungry Wolf by X. But yeah, that would be a tought hcallenge =P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesunfan wrote:
2003041 wrote:
thesunfan wrote:

No, no, no. Not Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran, The Hungry Wolf by X. But yeah, that would be a tought hcallenge =P

Sorry,too tired. And unfortunately I only have the PS2 version.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got this updated, after probably a month :-p Hasn't been that eventful, though, cweaver and I updated some scores but didn't get any new scores, and 2003041 added a few more scores.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
FurySH  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to start getting better at drums if you guys are still doing this? not much for accomplishments, only a few drum fc's, best drum accomp is probly limelight GS, not a big deal if you dont wanna let me join

cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I still play drums daily, dunno about everyone else. I'm still improving, but at a fairly slow rate. This little rivalry definitely helped me improve, but it also took quite a bit of my spare time. Basically, I still play but I'm more focused on the fun aspect, also I haven't been able to gold anything since even the last update, but in all fairness the only on disc songs I've done have been for leagues here recently.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been playing a lot of Beatles drum online and I've already seen the improvements. Plus with leagues and all the other rivalries I'm in, I needed a break from grinding the harder songs on drums. I did pick it up today though.
3*: VISIONS!!!!!(3rd run)
4*: master exploder, pinball wizard, rob the prez-o-dent, teenage riot, everlong
5*: aqualung, almost easy, bodhisattva, kids in america, ramblin' man, souls of black
GS: lump (Sightread y'all! )
totals: 80/84 passed, 75 4*, 63 5*, 17 GS, score of 10,898,319 . YAY!

cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of a necro post, but I finally stopped choking on Any Way You Want It and got... gold stars. Brings my total up to 20 gold stars, earning me my first milestone banner which is about to go in my signature.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been awhile, but I've been starting to drum more "seriously" again in the last couple days, and I've found myself better at a few things that I used to be. Hitting some non-last-tier songs for the first time in awhile, I've managed to add 5 new golds - One Way Or Another, Supreme Girl (even hit one entire disco beat section :-D), Alabama Getaway, Down With The Sickness (100% somehow, not an FC, though) and Spoonman. Wonder if I can find 13 more to get up to our original goal of 70 :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated everyone, except thesunfan who hasn't updated a single score on drums since forever ago. 2003041 completed most of the rest of the setlist a little after the last update, cweaver is a gold-starring machine (although he's leaving a lot of stuff un-5-starred, curiously), and I've been improving scores, but only improving stars in a few places.
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be honest, I don't ever update scores on here unless they're gold stars. I've 5 starred at least 10 more songs than I've gold starred, I just never update scores unless they're gold stars any more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cweaver8518 wrote:
Well to be honest, I don't ever update scores on here unless they're gold stars. I've 5 starred at least 10 more songs than I've gold starred, I just never update scores unless they're gold stars any more.

Well, maybe you should for on-disc songs :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: