FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drums mastery rivalry - thesunfan wins with 55 golds!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesunfan  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, outside of what were tracking,
Passed all the Ministry songs on drums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!@

And decided to redo what I suck at most
4*ed Bad Reputation, onyl song outside of last tier not 5*ed
5*ed Ramblin' Man with a 200k+ improvement...
this was typed with the left hand as my right hand has died from overplay of Right-arm heavy songs
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeIabc9yXWE

Tangled Up in Blue video. Also, my youtube channel. I play a little better than those videos show though, usually. I had to change calibration settings for the recordings, since I had to switch from my normal HDMI output to S-Component output so that I could record with my Dazzle. Enjoy! I certainly wouldn't have been able to get as high of ratings as I had before I joined this rivalry.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video blocked on copyright grounds >.>
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate WMG. I just uploaded it too, Oh well. Is there anywhere else I can upload it to that won't take it down?

EDIT: And I just opened it in a new screen, worked for me... maybe just cause I'm the owner? And I searched Youtube, I'm not the only person with TUIB screen captured and uploaded. These youtube nazis are... well, Nazis.

Well, either way, there are more than just TUIB videos on my channel, all those are songs I played today.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My red pad has finally had it, it cracked. Tried putting my old X-cell pad over it, and it helped a little, but it still only registers about 3 of every 5 reds. Interestingly enough, it broke on One step Closer, figured it would fall apart on Visions or a song where I wail on the pads on the disco beat part. So, unless I learn lefty flip (lolno I've tried), then I'm out until my birthday, if and only if I get Ions then.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I have internet at my house and officially updated my stats.
REPOST: New Passes: American Woman (4), Ace Of Spades (3), Colony Of Birchmen (3), The Trees (4), Battery (3)
5*: Alabama Getaway, Uncontrollable Urge, Mountain Song, Give It All

So Totals 60 passed, 51 5*, 15 GS, score of 8,311,600

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

played more today. Wore my ankle brace because my ankle's been acting up all week and I can't play with my left. New songs marked with %
4*: Supreme Girl%, Jagged Gorgeous Winter%
5*: our Truth%, Alex Chilton%, Testify%, Down With Sickness%, Get Clean%
GS: Rock'n Me
And less than 600 away from Hungry Like The Wolf GS! AAAUUUGGGGGGHH!!!
so totals: 67 Passed, 63 4*, 56 5*, 16 GS, score of 9,145,675

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
thesunfan  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got within 500 of Hungry Like The Wolf at least 3 times. You have GOT to hit all the OD or you won't unless you FC everything but the phrase you missed. Rock'n me you apparently already got, but that gs cutoff is way too high imo. Same for Mountain Song.
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hungry Like the Wolf is just a chokefest... same with Any Way for me, and Carry On as well. I'm so close to both of those I could scream. What's even more aggravating is that I FCed Any Way You Want It in BQP and I haven't been able to reproduce it since.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesunfan wrote:
I got within 500 of Hungry Like The Wolf at least 3 times. You have GOT to hit all the OD or you won't unless you FC everything but the phrase you missed. Rock'n me you apparently already got, but that gs cutoff is way too high imo. Same for Mountain Song.

I had the FC going on HLTW and just had a stupid miss from a dropped red on the Snare/Crash combo. Oh well...

cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very upsetting. I'm in the Expert Drums league, and for the life of me I can't pass A Jagged Gorgeous Winter again. So infuriating. Then again, I only passed it once for this rivalry anyway.. Everlong is still lolwut so that isn't any different for me than it was. The other two I can't really discuss because of league rules. Just thought I'd share my anger in a text based format.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cweaver8518 wrote:
This is very upsetting. I'm in the Expert Drums league, and for the life of me I can't pass A Jagged Gorgeous Winter again. So infuriating. Then again, I only passed it once for this rivalry anyway.. Everlong is still lolwut so that isn't any different for me than it was. The other two I can't really discuss because of league rules. Just thought I'd share my anger in a text based format.

Oh I love everything about AJGW...except the drums. as Dinosaur Jr. says,
Dinosaur Jr. wrote:
I feel the pain.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
cweaver8518 wrote:

Dinosaur Jr. wrote:
I feel the pain.

A Jagged Gorgeous Winter is an odd song on drums - there's nothing super-fast or physically demanding in it, yet it can be as hard as Battery to hold a combo in it.

I 3-starred it in the old learn-to-drum rivalry that thesunfan and I were in before this, I barely 5-starred it when I got to it again in this rivalry, and then I played it again a month later and almost gold-starred it - I think it was a -3 or so where one of the misses happened to be an OD phrase. I golded it shortly after, and could easily imagine myself FCing it now. Yet not long ago at all, I couldn't keep a streak going at all in the most common pattern in the song. Hopefully you'll both get that epiphany, too someday :-) It's a good example of a song where your leg basically has to be a 3rd arm, and then you just do it.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
thesunfan  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
2003041 wrote:
cweaver8518 wrote:

Dinosaur Jr. wrote:
I feel the pain.

A Jagged Gorgeous Winter is an odd song on drums - there's nothing super-fast or physically demanding in it, yet it can be as hard as Battery to hold a combo in it.

I 3-starred it in the old learn-to-drum rivalry that thesunfan and I were in before this, I barely 5-starred it when I got to it again in this rivalry, and then I played it again a month later and almost gold-starred it - I think it was a -3 or so where one of the misses happened to be an OD phrase. I golded it shortly after, and could easily imagine myself FCing it now. Yet not long ago at all, I couldn't keep a streak going at all in the most common pattern in the song. Hopefully you'll both get that epiphany, too someday :-) It's a good example of a song where your leg basically has to be a 3rd arm, and then you just do it.

This is a very good description of what needs to be done for this song. I haven't golded it yet, but since I adopted the philosophy of "I Kawigi can do it, I better be able to do it," I found that songs became much easier to keep a combo in and pass. This has not et worked for Visions however >.>
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesunfan wrote:
This is a very good description of what needs to be done for this song. I haven't golded it yet, but since I adopted the philosophy of "I Kawigi can do it, I better be able to do it," I found that songs became much easier to keep a combo in and pass. This has not et worked for Visions however >.>

Well, maybe it'll help you pass Visions if I mention that I've passed it ~4 times now :-)

I've been working almost exclusively on those last 6 songs I haven't 5-starred yet. I'm within 20k on Everlong, Shoulder to the Plow and Panic Attack, not sure which will come first.

Funny story about Panic Attack - There's a fill that appears a couple times near the beginning that goes YYYYRYYG, with a pedal at the beginning and the end (and the first group of Ys is a triplet rhythm). The seemlingly obvious way to do it is to just start with your left and alternate (LRLRLRLR), then you hit the R with your left hand and the G with your right hand naturally. Well, I can't hit it that way. The only way I hit it is with RLRLRLLR, where I cross over to hit the R with my right handand then double hit the Ys after that on my way to bringing my right arm back over for the G. No idea why I can hit it in that ridiculous way but not in the seemingly more natural way.

I suppose I should update the OP, but I'm kind of tired now, so you'll have to wait one more day :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: