FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drums mastery rivalry - thesunfan wins with 55 golds!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cweaver8518 wrote:
Yay updates(progress!):

Gold Stars:
My Own Worst Enemy

5 stars:
Spirit in the Sky
Feel the Pain
Pump It Up
De-Luxe
Get Clean

Not much but it is at least progress. I choked every time I activated overdrive on Carry On Wayward Son, which is why I only got 190k on that. Golds will come soon on that.

See? I knew you had at least a couple more 5's in you, and I'm sure you have more :-)

I just realized I got my 50th gold today, and it was a song that I 3-starred in my last drum rivalrly - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter. It really is a candidate for FC #4, which seems kind of odd, considering that just 2 months ago I couldn't 4-star it.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
thesunfan  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be suprised Kawigi, I've caught up to you, not going down without a fight!
New Golds:
Tangled Up In Blue (LAST NOTE)
Spirit in the Sky
Shacklers Revenge (-1)
Get Clean
Alabama Getaway
Welcome to the Neighborhood (Gold in the monster Fill)
Feel The Pain (Last Note)
Down With The Sickness (Gold 3 notes from the end)
And less than 5k away from GS
One Way or Another
Our Truth
EDIT: I WON THIS RIVALRY!
New Golds:
Our Truth
Let There Be Rock
We Got The Beat
Alive
Mountain Song (random FC lolwut) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRC-U9VUDTU
Spoonman=55 total Gold Stars on Expert Drums!
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesunfan wrote:
You'll be suprised Kawigi, I've caught up to you, not going down without a fight!
New Golds:
Tangled Up In Blue (LAST NOTE)
Spirit in the Sky
Shacklers Revenge (-1)
Get Clean
Alabama Getaway
Welcome to the Neighborhood (Gold in the monster Fill)
Feel The Pain (Last Note)
Down With The Sickness (Gold 3 notes from the end)
And less than 5k away from GS
One Way or Another
Our Truth
EDIT: I WON THIS RIVALRY!
New Golds:
Our Truth
Let There Be Rock
We Got The Beat
Alive
Mountain Song (random FC lolwut) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRC-U9VUDTU
Spoonman=55 total Gold Stars on Expert Drums!

What the heck? You FCed Mountain Song? That's crazy :-p I guess I knew you were better at tom rhythms than me when I kept failing to gold-star Go Your Own Way :-) Crazy on the rest, too! I got a bit closer to 5 on Shoulder to the Plow, but I'm still not there.

Guess I need to do an update, eh?

(Done - given where you are with right-arm-heavy songs like Welcome to the Neighborhood and Let There Be Rock, you should give Ramblin Man and Bad Reputation another shot :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on this, well deserved. This has helped me improve a bit in my drumming, i.e. passing Bad Rep, etc. so I have no regrets. I have a comment/question though.

How did you two(Kawigi and sunfun) improve so fast? I mean did you already start on my level? Just a week or two ago Kawigi you could barely pass SttP, now you're talking about 5 starring it soon. Reason I ask is that I've been drumming since last June roughly, and am just now starting to gold star EASY songs. There's no doubt I'm improving every day, posting 1000 pts progress here, there, so on, but not nearly so fast as either of you did.

Did you just take harder parts into practice mode and grind? Were you playing 8 hours a day? I'm just curious, I joined this rivalry out of frustration of not being able to be pro at drums after playing them for a year, and progress has definitely been made, but not nearly so much as you guys have made progress. Big props to both of you for your stellar improvement by the way.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cweaver8518 wrote:
Congrats on this, well deserved. This has helped me improve a bit in my drumming, i.e. passing Bad Rep, etc. so I have no regrets. I have a comment/question though.

How did you two(Kawigi and sunfun) improve so fast? I mean did you already start on my level? Just a week or two ago Kawigi you could barely pass SttP, now you're talking about 5 starring it soon. Reason I ask is that I've been drumming since last June roughly, and am just now starting to gold star EASY songs. There's no doubt I'm improving every day, posting 1000 pts progress here, there, so on, but not nearly so fast as either of you did.

Did you just take harder parts into practice mode and grind? Were you playing 8 hours a day? I'm just curious, I joined this rivalry out of frustration of not being able to be pro at drums after playing them for a year, and progress has definitely been made, but not nearly so much as you guys have made progress. Big props to both of you for your stellar improvement by the way.

I only really casually-here-and-there played drums until maybe December or so, when I started spending a bit more time on them. I was already at the point where I could pass most lower-middle tiered stuff on expert, so I didn't bother with the lower difficulties like I used to when I was just having friends over to play. I've been playing roughly an hour a day, give or take, starting somewhere around then, taking an occasional opportunity to do more. I've spent very little time in practice mode. I could attribute my quick improvement to a few things:

- Past experience learning the faketar (also applies to thesunfan as well, he's at least as good as I am there). Makes reading the charts easier to get over.
- I'm a musician, with a strong basis in theory and such. That makes it really easy to learn stuff based on the musical metaphor that's inherent to the game. Having learned to read and play real music, I also have an easier time reading groups/patterns of notes at a time.
- I'm a long-time gamer, making it easy to focus on the game aspect, and not just the musical aspect of the game. (An anecdote to how this and the previous can help, I also passed RB1 hard guitar and probably the first 7 tiers of expert in my first 1.5-2 weeks of playing guitar games).
- Probably almost a year ago, I started a habit (which probably often annoys my wife) of drumming on my steering wheel. There's two CDs I do this to the most, one is Boston's Greatest Hits (great for common rock beats), the other is Suspended Animation by John Petrucci (who is the guitarist for Dream Theater), which exposes me to combinations of popular-style beats and much less conventional patterns, like those you'd see in Panic Attack and Shoulder to the Plow. In states where it's illegal to use a cell phone while driving, it should probably also be illegal to drum in 15/4 while driving. Partly because of my musical background and partly because of the reinforcement of drumming concepts in Rock Band, I have a reasonably easy time picking out the patterns the way they'd probably be played in the game from the music.
- I R smrt, I don't know, just learn things fast :-)

I haven't spent much time in practice mode, and when I have, I don't really feel like I've gotten much of anywhere from it in most cases.
doobers  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this ever happens again, a 4-10 person rivalry of any kind,could I maybe purty purty plez be involved possibley. I think it would be a great way for me to get to know some of the community. prtyprtyplz

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doobers wrote:
If this ever happens again, a 4-10 person rivalry of any kind,could I maybe purty purty plez be involved possibley. I think it would be a great way for me to get to know some of the community. prtyprtyplz

I don't see any reason we have to stop tracking this. thesunfan still has two more songs to pass (and 7 more songs to 5-star :-) ), and I'm still playing.

Just finally gold-starred Go Your Own Way today, right after I gold-starred Pinball Wizard, which goes in the same category as A Jagged Gorgeous Winter for me - songs that I had no serious trouble just passing, but couldn't really hold a combo in when we started this, and definitely couldn't 5-star. Now I think I could FC either on a sufficiently lucky run.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, congrats thesunfan for the Gold Stars. I haven't played much this weekbecause of moving.I never really knew how much crud I had until I put them into boxes. Update
New Passes: American Woman (4), Ace Of Spades (3), Colony Of Birchmen (3), The Trees (4), Battery (3)
5*: Alabama Getaway, Uncontrollable Urge, Mountain Song, Give It All

So Totals 60 passed, 51 5*, 15 GS, score of 8,311,590
Also passed Run To The Hills in RB1

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
thesunfan  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a shame if we didn't keep tracking scores and improvements, after all Cweaver joined later and numbers has hardly had any time to improve. In other news I passed shoulder to the plow, the day after I got my wisdom theeth out =D
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we're still tracking I better get back to grinding. I've been band quickplaying online and find that I'm getting the highest percentages on most songs. Didn't used to happen before... I got a 90% on Colony of Birchmen for example.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Pokes Kawigi*
Are you still there man? It's been three days since You've last updated the thread. This is the longest amount of time you have taken to do so. You have been a great stat coordinator and without you, this idea never would have been formed, but THIS THING IS STILL GOING ON AND WE NEED YOU TO KEEP IT GOING!!!!! You're like the person pushing the small child on a swingset that has no legs so they can't swing by themself, and theres 3 kids, possibly more to come, that NEED you for this rivalry! We need you to push us on the swing, or else no one has any fun.

The above was made out of boredom and half chewed-up humor, however, it would be nice if the OP was changed =-)

In short, it would be great if you realized that this is not over just because I got 14 golds in one day, I still consider you a much better and more consistant drummer at passing songs, as proven by your Teenage Riot 5* and your near SttP 5*, so please, don't let this amazing idea die!
doobers  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I just thought since the rivalry was won I thought this thread would end and possibly restart in a different form. But thats cool if it keeps going.

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesunfan wrote:
*Pokes Kawigi*
Are you still there man? It's been three days since You've last updated the thread. This is the longest amount of time you have taken to do so. You have been a great stat coordinator and without you, this idea never would have been formed, but THIS THING IS STILL GOING ON AND WE NEED YOU TO KEEP IT GOING!!!!! You're like the person pushing the small child on a swingset that has no legs so they can't swing by themself, and theres 3 kids, possibly more to come, that NEED you for this rivalry! We need you to push us on the swing, or else no one has any fun.

The above was made out of boredom and half chewed-up humor, however, it would be nice if the OP was changed =-)

In short, it would be great if you realized that this is not over just because I got 14 golds in one day, I still consider you a much better and more consistant drummer at passing songs, as proven by your Teenage Riot 5* and your near SttP 5*, so please, don't let this amazing idea die!

The last couple times I thought about updating, I kept noticing that 2003041 hasn't updated his scores yet :-p.

Edit: Updated the rest of our scores. I added some points on several songs, but no new stars today. Maybe I'll gold-star Girls Not Grey someday :-)
Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Maybe I'll gold-star Girls Not Grey someday :-)

You and me both, man. Congrats to everybody on increasing their skillz, it's always a good feeling to learn something new or improve on what you've got!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First progress in a long time here. I finally 5 starred Tangled Up in Blue, and I FCed Any Way You Want It in band quickplay. So I'll post that as a gold star as soon as I decide to play it solo again. I've played that song so much recently that I'm rather sick of it.

I have videos of a little random solo quickplay that I did today, including my 5 star TUIB run, which I'll post as soon as I edit them and upload to youtube.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: