FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How long do you guys think it will take ...........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: How long do you guys think it will take ........... Reply with quote

epi4561 wrote:
for RBN to have something good on it? Ok, Ok.... before everyone gets all pissed off at me, I want to clarify that I am not being impatient. I am perfectly aware that things like this take time to develop and get going. I am just curious as to how long you think it might take to really start taking off...

Once the Devin Townsend rumors come into fruition.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: How long do you guys think it will take ........... Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
you should have listed a few bands that will really antagonize people here. Maybe All American Rejects, A7X, and Fall Out Boy.
*would actually like more Fall Out Boy DLC*

I think he meant polarize. Still, I endorse the sarcasm woven into every word of the post, because epi, you're being impatient. There's a crapload of songs, and while 20% of them may be The Main Drag...wait.
epi4561 wrote:
How long do you guys think it will take for RBN to have something good on it?
I am just curious as to how long you think it might take to really start taking off...

So you're saying RBN will take off when songs you like show up? Define take off, anyway: financially, musically, critically? I'm probably overthinking it, you just need to stop whining.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vineboy wrote:
Holy crap, Dream Theater will be so crazy when it gets on RBN. =D

Yes! More DT! Every drummer's dream... and nightmare.
I want some! But... I'm on PS3. Poor PS3ers, they probably don't care, considering about 80% of RBers are on 360. (Not to mention the Wii.)

On topic, there are lots of good song, some being, in my opinion, Trippolette and Push Push (Lady Lightning).
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the songs I've downloaded:

Stick Stickly
Packet Flier
The Complexity of Light
Battle Royal
Day of Mourning
Trippolette

All of them are great.

But I'm still waiting for better songs. I just want my The Devil Wears Prada songs
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
I've heard that Dimmu Borgir, Arsis and Dream Theater are in the process of testing, if you're a metal sort of person

Dimmu Borgir and Arsis, yes, both of those have gone up for either playtesting or peer review recently (I believe "We Are the Nightmare", a personal favorite of mine, is currently sitting at about 50% approved in Peer Review).

Dream Theater, however, has not had any songs show up in the process as of yet, unless you count people creating bad customs in REAPER on the RockBand.com forums and claiming to be in contact/contract with the band. There've been a lot of rumors, but nothing as of yet. Keep in mind they are still signed to Warner through their Roadrunner contract, which might be a sticking point (I haven't seen any Warner-affiliated acts show up on Creators as of yet, although there have been a handful from other major labels, most notably EMI).

Anyway, in reference to the "when does RBN get something good" comment, I guess my best answer to the OP is "when you develop some taste in music". Whoo! Controversial response! But honestly, with nearly 200 different songs on the Network so far, ranging from Top 10 singles to underground metal to prog rock to indie wonders to jazz to techno, if you can't find at least ONE song you like, then maybe the problem lies with you.

(the opinions in this post are the author's viewpoint and do not reflect the opinion of RockGamer Studios employees or management, etcetera, etcetera, blahdeblahdeblah)

Last edited by S1ckH4nds on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
Capt.Howdy  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: How long do you guys think it will take ........... Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
There's a crapload of songs, and while 20% of them may be The Main Drag...wait.

Easily the best part of RBN.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
TheyAreNext-Uw3  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, not taken off? Really? So in around 200 songs in around a month, with goodness knows how many being charted/in playtesting/peer review, you think honestly it's not taken off?

As for the 'good songs' comment, that's purely subjective and I'd say you should spend less of your time making utterly pathetic attempts at trolling (which is what I'd assume you're doing, either that or you're one of these people who considers everything with the slightest flaw 'beneath them') and spend more time broadening your bloomin' horizons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly as much as I love a lot of the normal DLC, RBN has opened up a new door in terms of what music I like to play and even listen too. I mean at first I was confused at a lot of the bands that I never heard of, but I gave some a chance and I like a lot of new stuff from RBN.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How long do you guys think it will take ........... Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
WHAT RUMORS ARE YOU SERIOUS HOLY @$%@$#^

Yeah, seriously. What rumors are these?

Noah
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
noble  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin posted on facebook or twitter about a month or so ago that he's going to be releasing a LOT of stuff via RBN.

Also about RBN not being any good :

I've already purchased almost 70 songs.

That's more than was on RB1.

So you're either drunk, or your musical tastes are so narrow you can fit it in a thimble.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Thunder Buckets PSN Name: thunderbuckets
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noble wrote:
Devin posted on facebook or twitter about a month or so ago that he's going to be releasing a LOT of stuff via RBN.

Also about RBN not being any good :

I've already purchased almost 70 songs.

That's more than was on RB1.

So you're either drunk, or your musical tastes are so narrow you can fit it in a thimble.

You should even be happy if your musical tastes are narrow. My 4-year-old daughter always refused to attempt feebly to play any song that's not by Boston. That's pretty narrow tastes in my opinion :-) Now it's nothing except Boston and Push Push (Lady Lightning).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noble wrote:
your musical tastes are so narrow you can fit it in a thimble.

Or maybe I don't like most extreme metal and indie rock. Really, they don't have that broad a range right now.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Lasfas  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I don't see how anyone could logically not find ANYTHING they like in the RBN music store.

They have from the blackest metal (If you are into that sort of thing, I'm not in particularly.) to the jazziest/cool rock tunes to Itsy Bitsy Spider.

They have lots of Indie, yes, but with almost 200 songs in the store you would find SOMETHING.

Here I was going to post a really specific categorisation of all the songs in RBN, but that would just be silly. Just know that from Progressive to Rap to Metal to Jazz to Itsy Bitsy Spider to et cetera. There has to be something you like.

If it wasn't already obvious that he is just trying to stir up trouble, he hasn't posted a response at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: