FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How long do you guys think it will take ...........
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epi4561  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: How long do you guys think it will take ........... Reply with quote

for RBN to have something good on it? Ok, Ok.... before everyone gets all pissed off at me, I want to clarify that I am not being impatient. I am perfectly aware that things like this take time to develop and get going. I am just curious as to how long you think it might take to really start taking off...

thanks-epi
Edify  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expand your musical horizons. There are many great songs on RBN, if you're not too picky about what you like.
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what kind of music you like. For a lot of people, RBN already has good songs.

Suggestion: go ahead and listen to some of the stuff that's on RBN; if you have a 360 download the demos, or otherwise find videos on youtube, mp3s, whatever, just listen to the stuff you've never heard before. Pretty much every popular music genre is represented, so chances are there's something on RBN already that you would like if you heard it (maybe not gonna become your favorite song ever, but it might still be good)
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the fuck do you mean gonna have good songs? RBN is full of great artists, and even big bands like Steve Vai and Blondie. Just because it doesn't have Bullet for My Valentine or System of a Down doesn't mean it sucks.

For example about how much I think RBN doesn't suck, here's a list of songs that I want off of there:

Arsis - We Are the Nightmare
Bang Camaro - Blood Red Rock
Bang Camaro - Push Push (Lady Lightning)
Bang Camaro - Revolution
Bang Camaro - Swallow the Razor
Blotted Science - Bleeding In The Brain
Blotted Science - Laser Lobotomy
Blotted Science - Night Terror
Jonathan Coulton - Big Bad World One
Jonathan Coulton- Mandelbrot Set
Jonathon Coulton- Shop Vac
Death Angel - Dethroned
Evile- Infected Nation
Evile- Nosophoros
Evile- "Now Demolition"
Graveyard BBQ- By the Grace of the Grill
Graveyard BBQ- Cheat on the Church
Graveyard BBQ- Ride the Stache
Watchtower - Asylum
Watchtower - Cimmerian Shadows
Watchtower - The Eldritch
Watchtower - Instruments of Random Murder
Watchtower - Meltdown -Prog Metal
Watchtower - Tyrants In Distress
Andrew Buch - Trippolette
Children Of Nova - The Complexity of Light
Jonathan Coulton - Code Monkey
Jonathan Coulton - Creepy Doll
Jonathan Coulton - The Future Soon
Jonathan Coulton - Ikea
Despised Icon - Day Of Mourning
The Slip - Even Rats
Terrorhorse - Packet Flier
Steve Vai - For The Love Of God

That's also just songs that I know. There are plenty of songs out there that I know nothing about that, that I will probably fall in love with.

Oh and ....................................................................................................................................

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seether and Flogging Molly are pretty big bands that are available on RBN right now.

And Flogging Molly's tracks are 80p.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four Bang Camaro songs? Wow. Get to PS3 please, RBN.
Maybe yay for Evile too, I've only heard Thrasher.
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: How long do you guys think it will take ........... Reply with quote

epi4561 wrote:
I am perfectly aware that things like this take time to develop and get going.

Seems like you just answered your own question. It'll only be a little while before the wealth of songs available on RBN is completely overflowing to the point where you can't possibly NOT find something you enjoy. For my money, RBN had "something good" in it the day it was launched.

If by "something good" you were talking about more well-known artists, well, that really wasn't the focal point of RBN when it was coming around, but we've already seen some very well-known artists put their music on there, including KMFDM, Steve Vai, Blondie, the Shins, Flogging Molly, Third Eye Blind, and half those metal bands that everyone here seems to know (I'm out of the loop on the metal scene, can you tell? ).

Besides, half the fun of RBN is grabbing a $1 song just because you enjoy the way it sounds. And even if the preview isn't enough, why not download some demos? Even though the library isn't nearly as expansive now as it will be soon, I have to believe it's impossible already to not find something you would enjoy playing.
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm waiting to get a job before I buy my XNA membership and chart my bands songs, but I'll keep you posted, OP. Thanks for asking!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
Jonathan Coulton - Ikea
The Slip - Even Rats

These are the only ones on that big list that are actually available now.

The rest of the list is upcoming, in testing, unconfirmed etc. (A good portion will likely show up some time in the future though.)

I've heard that Dimmu Borgir, Arsis and Dream Theater are in the process of testing, if you're a metal sort of person

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, Dream Theater will be so crazy when it gets on RBN. =D
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an interview I read it looks like they would like to put their entire discography on RBN if they could, which would blow my mind with awesomeness. However the 10 minute song length limit will be a problem for them, I really would love a full version of songs like The Glass Prison, Nightmare to Remember, Blind Faith etc...

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its people like you that OP that makes having DLC sucks ass. If i ever gonna play afterlife,the metallica pack or BYOB ever again.. then im gonna kill someone.

But seriously RBN is full of good songs, Try to discover new songs instead of being stuck in "stuff i know".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:
Jonathan Coulton - Ikea
The Slip - Even Rats

These are the only ones on that big list that are actually available now.

The rest of the list is upcoming, in testing, unconfirmed etc. (A good portion will likely show up some time in the future though.)

I've heard that Dimmu Borgir, Arsis and Dream Theater are in the process of testing, if you're a metal sort of person

We Are the Nightmare is apparently in Peer Review now, there's also a video of the full band chart out. I love that song, so I hope it does eventually get released. Among other songs out right now that I really like, Burn It Down by Five Finger Death Punch and Battles and Brotherhood by 3 Inches of Blood.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How long do you guys think it will take ........... Reply with quote

epi4561 wrote:
for RBN to have something good on it? Ok, Ok.... before everyone gets all pissed off at me, I want to clarify that I am not being impatient. I am perfectly aware that things like this take time to develop and get going. I am just curious as to how long you think it might take to really start taking off...

That's a decent post. I think you have the general idea down, posting something that should piss some people off, insisting you mean no offense, and coming off as a bit clueless. That's a good start, but you're not a pro troller yet.

To really drive it home, you should have listed a few bands that will really antagonize people here. Maybe All American Rejects, A7X, and Fall Out Boy. Or you could suggest bands that haven't been DLC yet, like Nickelback. Lastly, you could take an alternate tack and request bands we're already drowning in, such as the Foo Fighters, or maybe the Foo Fighters, or finally the Foo Fighters.

Whatever your preference, I hope you take these tips into consideration, and good luck with your next trolling exercise.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How long do you guys think it will take ........... Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
epi4561 wrote:

That's a decent post. I think you have the general idea down, posting something that should piss some people off, insisting you mean no offense, and coming off as a bit clueless. That's a good start, but you're not a pro troller yet.

To really drive it home, you should have listed a few bands that will really antagonize people here. Maybe All American Rejects, A7X, and Fall Out Boy. Or you could suggest bands that haven't been DLC yet, like Nickelback. Lastly, you could take an alternate tack and request bands we're already drowning in, such as the Foo Fighters, or maybe the Foo Fighters, or finally the Foo Fighters.

Whatever your preference, I hope you take these tips into consideration, and good luck with your next trolling exercise.

v_v

*would actually like more Fall Out Boy DLC*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: