FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best of RBN Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Is there any reason to get Stick Stickly if I think it's a terrible song?

instruments are reasonably entertaining, although nothing I would call greatest ever.
BassieJ  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at Mordecai in the music section.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
Is there any reason to get Stick Stickly if I think it's a terrible song?

instruments are reasonably entertaining, although nothing I would call greatest ever.

Well, as Sickhands says, it's a song that can grow on you, and it is pretty good on all the instruments.

BassieJ wrote:

There are people that like Between the Buried and Me musically you know. Just because you don't like the "death metal" or jazzy/proggy parts doesn't mean no one else does. (I personally like the jazzier parts towards the song's end)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BassieJ wrote:

That's a pretty good song, not their best work but it's definitely not bad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are people that like Between the Buried and Me musically you know.

Hence I added it. I happen to like both Progressive Metal and Death Metal, and in my honest opinion BTBAM blends them very well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially in the "Music" category, these categories are somewhat subjective. There are so many different types of music out there because there are so many different musical tastes. For example, I hate some of the songs in the "Music" category, but I put them in there because there are some people who like them. You don't have to get everything of course, but all of those songs are in the OP because at least someone likes them. You might too. You might not. But hopefully there are some songs that almost nobody likes, and some that almost everyone likes, and this thread can hopefully differentiate them, as I think it has, because the lists look pretty solid so far, if you don't look at it from a completely personal standpoint.

Thanks to everyone for all of the information.
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BassieJ wrote:

I personally can't stand BTBAM myself...but damn, if that song doesn't become downright AMAZING at around the 2 minute mark.

I mean WOW. If they always sounded like that, they'd probably be one of my favorite bands.

JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new favourite song to sing...
The Mob Goes Wild by Clutch. 160MS if I remember rightly.
Seriously guys, this song is gold. Not hard, but keeps you on your toes and sound fantastic!
Highly recommended to drummers and vocalists!

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BassieJ wrote:

Excuse me? The 2nd half of mordecai is incredible and the tom run before the solo is one of the best buildups I have ever heard in a song. Respect other peoples opinions or gtfo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that note -

Guitar, Drums, Music - Arsis - We Are The Nightmare

My favourite Arsis song easily and I'm psyched it got onto RBN. It's exciting, intense, has a great chorus, and is *damn* difficult, particularly for drums. Perhaps almost as challenging as Young Man Blues.
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch47 wrote:
On that note -

My favourite Arsis song easily and I'm psyched it got onto RBN. It's exciting, intense, has a great chorus, and is *damn* difficult, particularly for drums. Perhaps almost as challenging as Young Man Blues.

Everyone makes this mistake. Young Man Blues isn't very hard to pass, just spam the red pad for the rolls. Whereas We Are The Nightmare is a complete clusterfuck of a chart. You need to be able to simultaneous blast, alternate blast, play snare-led patterns (I.E WaHNtHaC intro) and on TOP of that have amazing hand/foot seperation skills for the technical parts.

But yeah, it is an amazing song - it just shouldn't be compared to Young Man Blues, in the same way that Caprici Di Diablo shouldn't be compared to Afterlife. Afterlife and Young Man Blues are VERY hard for a small part, but Caprici and We Are The Nightmare will have sex with your face repeatedly. While on fire. And single-handedly rewriting quantum physics. And doing your mother. Twice.
Incognito  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1348 - Umphrey's Mcgee needs to be on the guitar list.
Edify  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think The Girl at the Video Game Store by Parry Gripp needs to be on there. I know it's not what the average elite player would probably go for, and truth be told, I had never heard the song before picking it up. But hey, it was only $1 and I was a little familiar with Parry Gripp. Who would have known the guy responsible for Hamster on a Piano would offer such a rocking track. It's fun to sing and the lyrics are funny, and I haven't played bass yet. But the two main reasons to pick it up would be for guitar and drums.

For drums, it's not a terribly difficult chart. The average expert player would probably be able to FC it after some practice (I think there's one fill which requires cross-sticking). But it's just a blast to play, and I play it first as a warm-up every time I'm about to play drums. I never get tired of this song.

For guitar, it's actually pretty simple all the way through. If you can play My Name is Jonas, you can play this. But the real reason this song stands out is for the epic synthesizer solo in the middle which is charted for guitar. It's a great sounding solo, and it's fun to play. So this song has my vote. I was very much pleasantly surprised by it.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRiiG3RS wrote:
Scratch47 wrote:
On that note -

Everyone makes this mistake. Young Man Blues isn't very hard to pass, just spam the red pad for the rolls. Whereas We Are The Nightmare is a complete clusterfuck of a chart. You need to be able to simultaneous blast, alternate blast, play snare-led patterns (I.E WaHNtHaC intro) and on TOP of that have amazing hand/foot seperation skills for the technical parts.

But yeah, it is an amazing song - it just shouldn't be compared to Young Man Blues, in the same way that Caprici Di Diablo shouldn't be compared to Afterlife. Afterlife and Young Man Blues are VERY hard for a small part, but Caprici and We Are The Nightmare will have sex with your face repeatedly. While on fire. And single-handedly rewriting quantum physics. And doing your mother. Twice.

Or as Yngwie refers to it, Tuesday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: