FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[Seattle, WA] - April 2-4, 2010 - Sakuracon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: [Seattle, WA] - April 2-4, 2010 - Sakuracon Reply with quote

Washington State Convention and Trade Center

I was gonna type up the rest of the information, but I don't really know how much of a reply I'll get. I'm mostly just posting to see if anyone else from here is going and would maybe consider banding up for the tourney.

The schedule for the event is here http://sakuracon.org/schedule/SC2010_Schedule.pdf
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: [Seattle, WA] - April 2-4, 2010 - Sakuracon Reply with quote

microgamer2vs2 wrote:
Washington State Convention and Trade Center

I was gonna type up the rest of the information, but I don't really know how much of a reply I'll get. I'm mostly just posting to see if anyone else from here is going and would maybe consider banding up for the tourney.

The schedule for the event is here http://sakuracon.org/schedule/SC2010_Schedule.pdf

Could be fun, but since I'm not particularly interested in the rest of the convention, I'm not sure if it's worth 2 days' admission and taking a day off work :-) Are there rules or details posted anywhere?
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, me, arte, Morkai and skeletonath are entering the Tournament. Arte seems pretty knowledgable about the rules so I would PM him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?p=562358#p562358

Quote:
This is the exact same as last year. Same time, same rules. Thanks goes to BigRed for designing this thing. Feel free to ask questions.

32 teams. Single elimination.
Best 2 out of 3 songs.
Each band picks a single song, and then both bands in the bracket will play both songs. Scores are compared and if there's a tiebreaker song needed, the tourney staff will pick a song.

Scoring:
I'm going to make this easy for you guys.

Bands will be scored based on total points in a song.
You can play whatever you want, on whatever difficulty you want. Play songs that your band does best at.

Qualification:
Friday 10am – 5pm

To qualify you need to let the tourney staff know that you want to qualify for the tournament (the staff table will be near the RockBand setups) so we can sign you up.
To qualify for the tournament your band will need to play a song of your choice out of the list of 20 songs on display chosen for similar total scores.
Bands will play the song during normal freeplay. Staff will record the band scores and the top 32 bands will play in the tourney.

First round:
Friday 6pm – Midnight

Tourney Seeding:
We will seed the first round tourney bracket by whichever bands are present during the first round to play.
This way, if there's an event during the first round that you want to go see, just have your band be in the music area ready to play when you aren't in a panel or some such.
The winning band of the first round will need to pick their song for round 2 at this time.

Second round:
Saturday Noon – 5pm

Bands will play as they are present, since the bracket is already made.
Round is open in case there are events you wish to attend. The bracket must be completed by 5pm though.

Semi-Finals:
Saturday 6pm – 8:30pm

Attendance is mandatory for all bands that made it this far.

Final round:
Saturday 9pm-9:30pm

Final epic battle.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have the 20 song list hopefully posted before Monday.

Edit: Here's the list.

Billy Idol - White wedding
Boston - More Than A Feeling
David Bowie - Heroes
Jonathan Coulton - Skullcrusher Mountain
Black Sabbath - N.I.B.
Bad Religion - Sorrow
System of a Down - B.Y.O.B.
Tokio Hotel - Monsoon
Rage Against the Machine - Testify
The Police - Truth Hits Everybody
Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
The Offspring - Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated)
Oasis - Live Forever
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
The Killers - Spaceman
Lush - De-Luxe
Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
Blink-182 - Dammit
No Doubt - Sunday Morning
Foo Fighters - My Hero

4 more days!
/me is excite
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
niq24601  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd this go? Did anybody give Morkai/skeltonath/POKE/arte a run for their money?

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niq24601 wrote:
How'd this go? Did anybody give Morkai/skeltonath/POKE/arte a run for their money?

Not really....I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but we were miles ahead of everyone else. Even the other finalists admitted it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:
niq24601 wrote:

Not really....I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but we were miles ahead of everyone else. Even the other finalists admitted it.

Was fun tho
We did Foreplay/Longtime as our finals song, haha.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
addison1949  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, can't believe I missed this one. I would have been able to make it. Well, looking out for more on the West Coast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: