FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RBN Score-Tracking Point and Vote Collaboration
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: RBN Score-Tracking Point and Vote Collaboration Reply with quote

Since enabling Rock Band Network songs for score-tracking is meant to be a community process, this thread will serve as a way to organize community thoughts, discussion, and strategy about where to spend points.
Note: If you represent a band or authoring group and want to enable your own songs, PM JCirri for information about receiving a discounted rate and further tools to help you promote your band or clients through ScoreHero.

Do post here if
    - You want to persuade others to contribute points or votes toward certain songs. This should lead to discussion about the musical and authoring qualities of the songs rather than arguments over which songs to enable
    - You want to gauge interest in a song so you'll know where to use your points or votes
    - You want to strategize with other members to enable songs!

Don't post here if
    - All you have to say is "Everyone contribute to __!! Or similarly, "Don't use your points on ___, use them on __!!"
    - You have a question about how the system is set up, see the announcement for this information
    - You're unwilling to compromise. Unless you've got a ton of points, you're going to have to make compromises and work together

Under the voting system there will be at least 1 song enabled per week, so this thread is a good place to come together and work out which songs people are most interested. You all get 10 votes per week and only 3 can be used per song, so you don't have to use them all on one song!

For now it's hard to say how, but I will be updating the OP regularly as the thread gets going to succinct things so people don't have to read through the whole thread to find discussion about a particular song, for instance.

Last edited by footballtom3685 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
SonicSpeed  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo has some point matching for the JoCo songs.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1047

I support this movement!
tidwell  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys - I tossed some points at Children of Nova's "Complexity of Light" - its one of my absolute favorite songs to come out of RBN (and I'd never even heard of it before I downloaded it). The entire song is fun and well charted, and the end solo is a blast to play on Guitar - and Drums are great fun throughout the entire song - while not being too difficult (I've been told the Bass part is pretty fantastic as well, but have yet to play it myself).

If you haven't picked it up yet, it is well worth the MS points - I've played it at least a few dozen times, even after FCing it simply because its fun and long enough that pathing it isn't completely intuitive - which is why I think it would be a great addition to score tracking.

Guitar video, in case you haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0mXfItqHrY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TheTidwell
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a strong advocate for Amberian Dawn's songs "River of Tuoni" and "He Sleeps In A Grove" to be enabled for scoretracking. Not only are these songs awesome for metal fans (which there are many of on ScoreHero, like it or loathe it), but the guitar on both songs are a blast. Here's my run of River of Tuoni... don't laugh. And ravagetalon's guitar run of "He Sleeps In A Grove". And since these songs are operatic vocally, this will give people that main that instrument a bit of a run.

I've chipped in 25 to each song to get things started. This band is very well deserving of as much recognition as they can get, and hopefully this will help.

---

Also, I have contributed 20 points to Steve Vai's "For The Love Of God". I thoroughly enjoyed the original master on GH3, and this breathes new life into one of my favourite instrumental rock pieces. And if you crave hard songs, this is one to definitely go after. Watch guitar in this Full Band video.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing a bit of proofing this evening and I'll be doing a bit more over the next few hours and days unless anything important comes up. Also, I have no money to buy RBN tracks at the moment. So if there's a song you want tracked, have fun trying to convince me to throw some points at it. I can't say how many points I'll be able to spare since it all depends on how much proofing I get done and how much of it actually gives me contribution points, but as of right now I've got 1 point and about 12 proofs in the queue for approval.

(Hint: your chances will be better if it's something I'd like to listen to or play... which probably means 'not a stereotypical Scorehero song'.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I've been doing a bit of proofing this evening and I'll be doing a bit more over the next few hours and days unless anything important comes up. Also, I have no money to buy RBN tracks at the moment. So if there's a song you want tracked, have fun trying to convince me to throw some points at it. I can't say how many points I'll be able to spare since it all depends on how much proofing I get done and how much of it actually gives me contribution points, but as of right now I've got 1 point and about 12 proofs in the queue for approval.

(Hint: your chances will be better if it's something I'd like to listen to or play... which probably means 'not a stereotypical Scorehero song'.

ack! you narrowed those songs by a lot, which means less overall points potential from those songs.

I made up a little spreadsheet that tells you exactly what scores to aim for in order to get the most cp out of each song (according to the posted formulas for narrowing required for a cp). anybody who wants it, pm me an email address youd like me to send it to.

To see it in action look at what i did in proof of concept with Bright Light Fright (shortest song so fastest in real time) on hard:
http://www.scorehero.com/proof_history.php?stat=2&song=4121
got a cp for each of those submissions. The proof queue is usually cleared in the same order you submitted it (at least thats how it always worked in the past, and htats how i clear it when i go through them).

Somehow, i can't locate my GH3-360 disc anywhere - annoying, so GHA is the only thing i can use for points from narrows.

Last edited by Barfo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

ack! you narrowed those songs by a lot, which means less overall points potential from those songs.

I made up a little spreadsheet that tells you exactly what scores to aim for in order to get the most cp out of each song (according to the posted formulas for narrowing required for a cp). anybody who wants it, pm me.

To see it in action look at what i did in proof of concept with Bright Light Fright (shortest song so fastest in real time) on hard:
http://www.scorehero.com/proof_history.php?stat=2&song=4121
got a cp for each of those submissions. The proof queue is usually cleared in the same order you submitted it (at least thats how it always worked in the past, and htats how i clear it when i go through them).

Somehow, i can't locate my GH3-360 disc anywhere - annoying, so GHA is the only thing i can use for points from narrows.

Yyyyyyyeah, sorry 'bout that. It didn't occur to me until after I'd submitted them, by which point they couldn't be withdrawn. Luckily I didn't get around to doing any more after that, in fact I'm just about to head off and do some now...

(For what it's worth, I'm still atrocious at getting exact scores. The guide blows my mind and I'm far too impatient to keep restarting every time I fuck it up.)

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the OP due to the new vote system. Feel free to collaborate on votes and work towards certain songs to be enabled each week!
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just threw three votes and 5 contribution points (refunded from the other song) at The Nebraska Sailing Authority. If anyone would care to join me on that, there's a ton of information and videos etc here:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30471

...long story short: it's a hella fun chart for all instruments and, more importantly (for me at least) it's an awesome song. So... yeah.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I agree captain. Threw three of my votes their way. Very fun song.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this seems a bit abandoned/outdated, but I was wondering if anybody is putting their votes into the Van Friscia songs (Epic symphony)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it we'll need this thread now more than ever now that RBN scoretracking has stopped. Personally, I wouldn't mind if people gave some love to the Single White Infidel songs. They're awesome punk jams, and pretty fun.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if people care enough any more, but it would be nice if more people bothered to vote so that songs would actually get unlocked again. And even nicer if more people voted for Amberian Dawn songs.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote are still in, but people dont like the same song, so yeah kinda hard to get new one.

EDIT: I think Enabled songs should be sorted all the way at the end of at least have an option to remove them from the list. also more sorting option like: By Band, By Song, by Difficulty, etc could be added.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can get some new songs enabled if we cooperate on voting. For example, we both pick a song each and we both vote for it. Even better if we can get help from a third person, then we can give 9 points to 3 different songs. It seems there are too few people voting and too many songs available to unlock songs with uncoordinated voting.

I choose Amberian Dawn - Talisman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: