FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Getting Songs On The Rock Band Network?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skysore  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Getting Songs On The Rock Band Network? Reply with quote

Alright I'm sorry, I have just read through the Rock Band website and found the page on getting your songs up. Apparently you need to have the reaper software before you can even begin to think about uploading songs? I personally have a band that I think have some pretty great songs for the Rock Band Network, but I have no idea
1) where to get the reaper software
2) how to use it
3) how to send the songs to a creator

I was just wondering how this whole process really works and how someone with a band like me can upload songs to the rock band network without having to jump through many loops and stuff. So if someone can explain the process that would be greatly appreciated.

**I pulled a search and couldn't find any threads on explaining how to use the rock band network if you are in a band and how to upload them. I used these search terms: "How to upload a song onto Rock Band Network", "How to get the reaper program"...etc and found nothing. I'm sorry if this is against the rules, but I read the stickies and didn't see anything about not posting how to use the rock band network. Anyway if I'm in the wrong forum please direct me to the right one for I have been waiting for an opportunity to put my bands songs on rock band for a LONG time and am just really excited that I have a chance now without getting a major record deal.
700K TDWDTG [x]
Start Playing Again []
My Accomplishment Thread!
Check out my Youtube!
GesterX  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to this page:
http://creators.rockband.com/membership_details

You need to subscribe to the XNA Members Club for $99 per year, a RB Creators account (free), and a Xbox 360 Gold Membership.

Once you've signed up you can download everything you need to put a song into Rockband.
KJHall  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you don't have any experience, but are fine with letting others do the hard work for a price/share of the profits, I would suggest letting a professional charting group do it for your band.

http://www.rhythmauthors.com
http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/

If you are set on handling it all yourself, you can pick up the programs and such here. You should register here, as they have forums where you can ask questions and get help. Here is a good, long video that gives many tips about authoring your music.

Please note though, that you need an Xbox 360 with Xbox Live Gold, a subscription to XNA, and obviously, a computer.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Oh wow, looks like GesterX covered about half of that while I took my time looking for everything. =D Well, I'll leave all this here anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I applied at Rhythm Authors, they sent me here, I was able to set almost everything up.

The audio workshop was also very helpful.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: