FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Network Score tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iammax  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree completely

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this: Make it a fixed price, 10 contribution points per song instrument. You click it, you unlock it.

Still requires a 'community effort' of up to 4 contributors to enable the full 4-player band tracking.

Seems to me like a couple hours of song proofing or a few bucks is about as much as you (as I?) could expect someone to spend to enable score tracking for a desired song on his preferred instrument.

Then you could have some OCD people spending points not because they want the song but just for completeness's sake ;)

With $600 a month of expenses, and roughly $30's worth of contribution points (40 points) per song, then you just need the community to fully track 20 songs per month to cover the expenses...
Munzapoppa  

Location: In front of my PS3, feeding my addiction to Green Day Rock Band. NO I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that we need all the RBN songs to have leaderboards, but I think putting the songs that get released on the Wii and PS3 in addition to Xbox wouldn't be unreasonable. If the songs released on non Xbox systems are going to be the most popular/best songs of all of them, then I think there would be a good amount of attention given to those songs from the people here at Scorehero.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, if it's number of leaderboards, why don't you take down the RB Mobile non-iPhone leaderboards down and replace an equivalent number of songs with RBN songs? Out of 25 songs, three instruments, and three difficultues, I believe I have the only two scores up (and trust me, I would MUCH rather have RBN tracking than those).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iammax wrote:
First of all, if it's number of leaderboards, why don't you take down the RB Mobile non-iPhone leaderboards down and replace an equivalent number of songs with RBN songs? Out of 25 songs, three instruments, and three difficultues, I believe I have the only two scores up (and trust me, I would MUCH rather have RBN tracking than those).

I don't know if you actually read any of the half-dozen or so posts JCirri has made, but the impression I get is that without any "canon" of songs and with the explosive and constant flow of new content, there won't really be any big score competition on the entire overall score (just like how there isn't tight competition on RB DLC, because so few people have entered scores for all (or even almost all) of the songs on any instrument). The idea is that having a limited "canon" to compete on by default (the RA songs, which I'm sure that JCirri would also love it if everyone bought all of them :-) ), and a second select group of "DLC" (community-enabled songs). That way, people looking to compete with others for score on RBN songs have a more focused way to do it.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
iammax wrote:

I don't know if you actually read any of the half-dozen or so posts JCirri has made, but the impression I get is that without any "canon" of songs and with the explosive and constant flow of new content, there won't really be any big score competition on the entire overall score (just like how there isn't tight competition on RB DLC, because so few people have entered scores for all (or even almost all) of the songs on any instrument). The idea is that having a limited "canon" to compete on by default (the RA songs, which I'm sure that JCirri would also love it if everyone bought all of them :-) ), and a second select group of "DLC" (community-enabled songs). That way, people looking to compete with others for score on RBN songs have a more focused way to do it.

If it was about selecting a small group of songs for competitive purposes, why not just use the songs that will be released on PS3/Wii as the "best of RBN"? It seems a bit blatantly-self-promoting to just say that RA songs are the best "canon" to have. And both groups (RA songs and best-of songs) will be increasing over time anyway.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may very well enable all songs which get ported to PS3/Wii. But there had to be a starting point somewhere since there's a 30-day period of exclusivity for RBN songs on the 360, and who knows how much longer beyond that before it will actually happen.

The RA songs are the only ones we're intimately familiar with status-wise as they progress through the pipeline, and it's therefore easy to plan updates and enable songs as they're approved and we know they are finalized for sale. Without that familiarity, keeping track can be awfully confusing as PeridotWeapon explains here.

But that aside, I'm not ashamed to self-promote the artists and groups we've worked with to bring you all fun charts for great music. I do understand we're not the only ones out there, and after some discussions based on your feedback, am working now on overhauling the system to vastly improve RBN representation outside RA songs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the results

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the Store section

There's been much discussion and debate since Rock Band Network score-tracking has launched. Thank you all for the feedback and unique ideas. Your thoughts combined with data gathered over the past few weeks has exposed several problems in the system.

Our overall goal is to track the songs you want most, while imposing some limits in order to maintain focus for competition and scalability for growth. Upon examination we agree that the barriers were definitely too high.

Here's an overview of the changes implemented in response:
  1. The community cost has been cut in half from 250 points to 125 points required per song. Up until this post, for every transaction of more than 1 point spent towards enabling a RBN song, half of the points (rounded up) have been refunded to the user's account. If this involves you, you're free to keep the points or spend them towards other RBN songs, or upgrades of your choice.

2. The ability for everyone to refund their own contribution points and move them around at will. You no longer need to worry about "wasting" your points towards a lost cause. A "Refund" button will appear for every song you've contributed points towards up until it becomes enabled. Once songs become enabled, all contribution will be locked from refunds.

3. At least one additional song per week will be enabled automatically through a simple voting-based system. Regardless of your ability to acquire contribution points, your opinion still matters and you'll be able to show support towards your favorite tracks. More on this explained below.

4. Ability to sort by Votes, Status, and # Contributors to very easily find the songs you can help the most.

Voting System

For those of you familiar with the ScoreHero Uservoice page, this system is almost identical to that. Each account is given a total of 10 votes to distribute as you please, up to 3 votes for any given song. The votes you cast will remain in place either until you clear them or until the song becomes enabled.

Every week I will guarantee that the song with the most votes will be automatically enabled. If there is overwhelming support for certain tracks, then at the discretion of the ScoreHero staff we may enable an extra track or two within the same week. Songs ported to PS3/Wii in the future would likely fall into this category as well.

Every Tuesday starting March 30th we will announce the songs that have become enabled over the course of every week along with the official DLC.

Upon a song being automatically enabled due to votes, all votes and contribution points spent will be restored to their respective account owners. So you don't have to worry about spending your contribution towards a song which might be popular enough to get enabled via votes. If it does, you'll just get your points back.

Hopefully this will allow for a much larger representation of RBN as a whole on ScoreHero. This is all new territory and we're still learning and adapting to new information each day during RBN's early growth.

Feel free to start casting your votes, and use the Point Collaboration sticky to discuss how best to pool your points now that refunds are possible. If you have any thoughts, questions, or bug reports let me know.

Make it your own, and enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like all the additions and improvements you have implemented, although with the new 10 votes system, there seems to be no way of knowing how many total votes each song has like you can with the contribution points for songs. Was this on purpose to keep which song is being enabled each week a surprise until its unveiled or was having people see how many votes a song has just a thought that never occurred to you/others you have worked on it?

There is also a chance that I am an idiot and just overlooked it somewhere and it actually is there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's something I had thought about, but figured the bandwagon effect could reduce the chance for more of the lesser known music to be discovered and for people to truly vote on their personal favorites. So yes, it was intentional to have the weekly suspense with DLC announcements.

However, if people would much rather see vote totals all the time it would be fairly trivial to add. If anyone else has thoughts, I'd like to get more opinions before making a decision on that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with not showing how many votes each song has, but maybe show how many votes the songs that you have already voted on have. I feel like this limited access to seeing the vote totals would still prevent the bandwagon effect, while still allowing us to get a general idea of whether or not other scorehero user's share our taste in music.

Keep in mind that this would still allow someone with way too much time on his or her hands to keep changing his votes and putting the vote totals for each song in a spread sheet to jump on the bandwagon if he or she really wanted to, but given the number of songs in RBN, this is going to become unrealistic to do really fast. And even if someone does decide to do this, then he or she is in the minority and him or her jumping on the bandwagon will have almost no affect on the chances of lesser known songs getting up for scoretracking.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome changes, I hope to see most of the songs up for scoretracking some day!

Edit: If a song had points donated to it but gets voted for scoretracking and wins do you get your points back?

RB3?
TTFAF 928k(OLD)
XBL GT: Final Blud420SH
My Twitter Account!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Final Blud420SH
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solusdelgar1 wrote:
Awesome changes, I hope to see most of the songs up for scoretracking some day!

Edit: If a song had points donated to it but gets voted for scoretracking and wins do you get your points back?

JCirri wrote:
Upon a song being automatically enabled due to votes, all votes and contribution points spent will be restored to their respective account owners. So you don't have to worry about spending your contribution towards a song which might be popular enough to get enabled via votes. If it does, you'll just get your points back.

JCirri mentioned that we do get our points back. So there are no excuses for not donating contribution points to the songs you want to see up for scoretracking. If it gets enabled through the popularity vote then you get your points back. If you get the buyer's remorse and change your mind about a song you can refund the points yourself as long as the song hasn't already been unlocked by contribution points.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: