FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Good Lord... Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld... Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
directshot999  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Good Lord... Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld... Help! Reply with quote

I can't get this for the life of me. This is the one of the 6 songs that I got 4 stars on a sightread playing. I scraped off the 5 stars earlier, but that's not the point. I love playing the song, and it's a fun one to sing too (TIMMAH!!!) but, that section above just kills me. Can somebody give me they're fingering for this? Mine is as follows:

(Spaced out)

1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1

I've tried variations, like this:

(Spaced out)

1 1 2 1 3 1 4 2 2 3 2 4 2 4 1

I can't get it though. Tell me what I'm doing wrong here please
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you have the right patterns down, but the beginning is in such a weird time signature that none of the note fall into the beat. My best advice is to go practice and judge when and where the note will fall in the beat of the song. That's what I've been trying and I've just gotten use to the weird beat after a few days of trying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hit it consistently now as follows:

1 1 2 1 3 1 3 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1

I find this method makes the slide up in the middle much easier, and minimizes pinky usage. And in case it's not obvious I keep '1' held down the entire time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go to practice and slow it down. Hopefully this will give me a chance to both get used to the weird beat and to try out JCirri's method.

Thanks yall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: