FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WAAF and the US Army present GUFest Foxboro MA June 27th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: WAAF and the US Army present GUFest Foxboro MA June 27th Reply with quote

WAAF and the US Army present Game Underground Video Game and Music Festival Sunday June 27th Showcase Live, Foxboro MA!

An all day event featuring over $2000 in Cash Prizes in tournaments for

Rock Band 2 guitar only
Guitar Hero Metallica guitar only
Halo 3
Super Street Fighter 4
Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl... See More
Tekken 6

There is also a separate Drums only RB2 Tournament but it is an additional $10 to be paid at the venue.

Musical Performances by

Powerglove
Metalliham (New England's Best Metallica Tribute Band)
Brentalfloss
Jesus Candy (download our song on RBN in April!)

Immediately following the Tournaments will be a huge concert IN THE SAME ROOM AS THE GAME SETUPS! So you can continue to play the games for fun in a non competitive atmosphere while rocking out to some awesome bands! (music games have their own room so you can hear your tournament!)

Showcase live is AMAZING it features 3 HUGE Projector screens for the main events, food, and a full bar for those of you 21+.

Tickets are only $20 and are available NOW on ticketmaster.com and at the Showcase Live Box Office!

Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero Metallica Rules

Buying a music game ticket gets you entered into both the Rock Band 2 Guitar and Guitar Hero Metallica Guitar tournaments.

The tournaments at GU Fest will have a cap to the amount of entries allowed. Buy your tickets ASAP to ensure you are allowed to play!!!

Tickets are on sale on ticketmaster.com NOW!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Game-Underground-Video-Game-and-Music-Festival-2010-tickets/artist/1429083

Guitar Hero Metallica Tournament Format

Everyone will play the same 1 song chosen by GU Fest Staff to determine seeding by Score.

Pro Face-Off Double Elimination

Each Match is Best 2 out of 3 Songs

The Player on the top of the Bracket can choose to pick which side he is on or pick the first song. The first song is then played.

The Second Player then picks the second song.

In the event that each player wins a match a third song will be chosen at Random using Random.org song must be at least 3rd Tier in difficulty.

No DLC... there will be some there for freeplay but not in the Tournaments.

Tournament will take place on XBOX 360 console. Bring your own guitar controller.

A reminder... Metalliham New England's best Metallica tribute will be performing at this show! So after the tournaments be sure to stay for the awesome concert!

Prize Money for Guitar Hero Metallica Tournament

1st $100
2nd $50
3rd $25

Rock Band 2 Guitar Tournament Format

Score Duel Double Elimination

You Must Play on Expert Difficulty

The Player on the top of the Bracket can choose to pick which side he is on or pick the first song. The first song is then played.

In the event that each player wins a match a third song will be chosen at Random using Random.org song must be at least Moderate Tier in difficulty.

All Rock Band 1 and 2 Disc Songs will be available to pick. No DLC... there will be some there for freeplay but not in the Tournaments.

Tournament will take place on XBOX 360 console. Bring your own guitar controller.

Prize Money for the Rock Band 2 Guitar Tournament

1st $100
2nd $50
3rd $25

Separate Entrance Fee Rock Band 2 Drum Tournament

DRUM TOURNAMENT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ENTRANCE FEE!!!!

THIS TOURNAMENT WAS ADDED BY OVERWHELMING REQUEST.

THERE IS A SMALL CHANCE THIS TOURNAMENT MAY RUN INTO THE CONCERT TIME.

An additional $10 will be paid at the show to enter the Rock Band 2 Drum Tournament ask the music game Tournament Organizer at the show.

Score Duel Double Elimination

You Must Play on Expert Difficulty

In the event that each player wins a match a third song will be chosen at Random using Random.org song must be at least Moderate Tier in difficulty.

All Rock Band 1 and 2 Disc Songs will be available to pick. No DLC... there will be some there for freeplay but not in the Tournaments.

Tournament will be finished even if concert starts. There is a separate room for our music game tournaments. We may pause the tournament and finish it in between bands as well.

Tournament will take place on XBOX 360 console. Bring your own drum controller.

Prize Money for Rock Band 2 Drums Tournament

Prizes for this tournament is based on entrants for the tournament.

1st 50%
2nd 30%
3rd 20%

Last edited by GameUniverse on Wed May 05, 2010 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tobias911  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm there and so will most of vVv gaming =o
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bet ur ASS I'LL BE THERE!!! It's still a ways away, but this looks sick. Can't wait to see the schedule cuz I'd like to try a non-rhythm game tourney for shiggles. I'm sure we'll have other RB tourney at the store before then right?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar only makes me sad. This does sound like a lot of fun though!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm blinded by awesome I will be going there hopefully with a couple of my buddies, and will be having fun with guitar lol. Although no drums =/

GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will consider what to do about drums... Right now because of time and space constraints we may not be able to include them officially. However I may consider adding drums as an additional entry fee on the spot there. Something like a small 5 dollar thing... However like I said the fact that this is a one day event it may be tough.

You will however be allowed to play rock band on the main concert stage with drums and we will have free play available with drums when the tournaments are over...

Post up if you are thinking of coming!

This will be a very heavily advertised tournament on WAAF as well. TONS of commercial times are being given to me!
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Guitar only makes me sad. This does sound like a lot of fun though!

This.

Sounds fun though. Pretty long ways away though, so I can't be sure if I'd be able to make it.
Vineboy  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everything up north?

Put some more tourneys down in the south so me, Xpertlefty, JJ, and z1m can play!! :3

(Needz moar drumz kthanksbai)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on the Full Band Rock Band tournaments that used to happen like every month? I won't be able to go to this one, and the FBRB ones were sick. Also, how'd you get the original store back?

EDIT: Also, DJ Hero tournaments??

GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night Game Underground owner Jamie made a huge announcement video! Including more info about Game Underground Video Game and Music Festival 2010!

The location for the next Rock Band Tournament is revealed at the end of the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KF5enaDrtY

I want to thank everyone involved that made this happen!

Full Band and DJ Hero dates will be revealed ASAP!

Please post this video everywhere! Your Facebook etc... let's get the word out to all Gamers in New England!

There is also a venue walkthrough for GU Fest here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UHhCzfb9fg
Edit/Delete Message
Gaara72  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any idea what the rules will be for the MW2 and Smash tourneys by chance?

I can has accomp thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xXgaara72Xx
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!

Tickets are on sale on Ticketmaster now!!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Game-Underground-Video-Game-and-Music-Festival-2010-tickets/artist/1429083
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!

Tickets are on sale on Ticketmaster now!!!!

eddaket  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely look into going to this. It's on the weekend so it doesn't interfere with work .
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>_>

Anyone wanna give info about this? Because I don't really feel inclined to watch the video, especially since it's kinda hard to hear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: