FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
someone help on don't fear the reaper (X)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweet-NIB  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: someone help on don't fear the reaper (X) Reply with quote

im seriously having so much trouble with solo B! i fail at solo C though, if i cold do better on solo B i could pass, any tips? that bass is so tricky

yes im talking about drums, im not dumb don't worry xD
throwawaystyle  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This took me a while to pass. Here is all I can tell you:

1. Realize that most of the bass through these solo sections is one constant beat. Meaning it doesnt change. Keep on stompin' and you should hit it. Look for small changes, but for the majority, it's just straight through kicking. I have managed to keep a 4x multiplier through this whole section a few times, so just practice it.

2. If youre going just for the pass and not the 5-star, save some over drive for the very end of these sections. Starting out its very tough to get through this, so OD will help you out a lot.

3. Simply put, dont suck at any part before this. If you cant go into these sections with your "rock meter" nearly full, you may not stand a chance. Learn the beginning of the song. It is very easy minus a few small parts.

If you follow those three steps, you should be passing and 5 starring DFtR in no time. Hope this helped and was in time.
NightlyCrab  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

throwawaystyle wrote:
This took me a while to pass. Here is all I can tell you:

1. Realize that most of the bass through these solo sections is one constant beat. Meaning it doesnt change. Keep on stompin' and you should hit it. Look for small changes, but for the majority, it's just straight through kicking. I have managed to keep a 4x multiplier through this whole section a few times, so just practice it.

2. If youre going just for the pass and not the 5-star, save some over drive for the very end of these sections. Starting out its very tough to get through this, so OD will help you out a lot.

3. Simply put, dont suck at any part before this. If you cant go into these sections with your "rock meter" nearly full, you may not stand a chance. Learn the beginning of the song. It is very easy minus a few small parts.

If you follow those three steps, you should be passing and 5 starring DFtR in no time. Hope this helped and was in time.

Yea he's pretty much saying what i would say if i wasn't too lazy to type.
Just get in practice mode on about 70~80% speed and practice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: i Xanavi i
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to keep in mind is that the bass beat is exactly half as fast as the red rolls. Meaning that you can keep the bass rythm by syncing it up to your right hand (if your right handed), assuming you can keep the beat of the roll.

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
Sweet-NIB  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i beat this song AND i beat expert today! thanks for your help

BTW i BARELY pass run to the hills lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: