FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaserAntigrav  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Trippolette since GH1. I'm loving it in Rock band.

I hope to see much more from you, Mr. Buch.

One with a bass solo charted, maybe?

"The Halo over my demise / Following a God so blind / Shallow in their sickening, swallow not the shit they feed."
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: g3arsofwar0wns PSN Name: sacredring
Andrew-Buch  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaserAntigrav wrote:
I loved Trippolette since GH1. I'm loving it in Rock band.

I hope to see much more from you, Mr. Buch.

One with a bass solo charted, maybe?

Thanks Laser! I have to admit, I have in fact been thinking about doing a piece emphasizing bass. It may be a little while until I get it rolled out the door, but it's definitely coming down the line.
reksav  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network! Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:
reksav wrote:
any chance of more stuff to come from umphreys? perhaps some live tracks?

Yes - there's definitely more in the pipeline! I can't say much, but I do believe it's been revealed that at least some of it will be live tracks.

By the way, since you're an Umphrey's fan I thought I'd post the video of myself sitting in with them here in case you or anyone else here was interested:

Andy Buch jams w/ Umphrey's McGee!

- Andy

thats great to hear! also nice job jamming with the boys, they certainly have come a long ways in the last 5 or so years. cant wait to see how you interpret the songs over to rb
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network! Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:

The Drums, on the other hand, offer a very unique challenge for Rock Band / Guitar Hero: Odd Time Signatures and Polyrhythms. More specifically, the majority of the song is in 7/8 - but features some sections with polyrhythms, such as the first Guitar solo. The bass drum and kick are playing in 6/8 there while the hi-hat is in 7/8. It's more of a mind-bender than an endurance test in that regard - which has always been the kind of challenge I like most, and which there's not enough of for drums in the game IMHO.

I have to say, the drums were a lot harder than I was expecting. I'd watched the preview videos and thought they looked overtiered, and then I played it and failed twice. The rhythms are just so weird that it's hard to tell what's going on, even though it doesn't look that complicated.

Haven't tried guitar or bass yet, but they look pretty awesome too. Definitely a fun song overall.
LaserAntigrav  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:

Thanks Laser! I have to admit, I have in fact been thinking about doing a piece emphasizing bass. It may be a little while until I get it rolled out the door, but it's definitely coming down the line.

Sounds great! You'll find that a lot of us here love bassists

"The Halo over my demise / Following a God so blind / Shallow in their sickening, swallow not the shit they feed."
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: g3arsofwar0wns PSN Name: sacredring
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:
Do you think you have what it takes to defeat the almighty Trippolette?

B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, do you have any information on whether or not this will be in the "Best of RBN" thing coming to Wii and PS3 in about a month?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:
Andy, do you have any information on whether or not this will be in the "Best of RBN" thing coming to Wii and PS3 in about a month?

I'm going to be looking into that shortly. As of now, Harmonix has been pretty vague with us authors as to how to get work included into that / how it's being chosen.

However, I think I have a pretty good shot at it since my song is in the top five most-played on the Leaderboards in both Drums and Guitar.
CrsrC  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network! Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:

Yes! I'm planning on writing some more material specifically for RBN at some point soon.

However, in the short-term I have been authoring other artist's - many of whom have similar challenges in their music. For instance, I am authoring a few songs by the phenomenal "improg" jam-band Umphrey's McGee. You can check out a demo of some of my work with them here:

Umphrey's McGee in Rock Band - 1348 & Miss Tinkle's Overture

They're really cool guys, and I recently had the opportunity to sit-in with them on bass at a show! I've got a video of that up on YouTube too if you take a look at my "phnord" account.

First of all I just want to say I absolutely love Trippolette.Great song and great chart.I never got to play it in GH1,but this was the very first song I bought on the RBN.
And I also want to say that after seeing the awesomeness that is Trippolette and seeing your involvement in this site and the RBN,I'm really glad you're the one doing these Umphrey's songs.I can't wait for these tunes.Any idea on when they'll be available to download?
Polanker  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving the song!

Is there any where to download or purchase an MP3 version of the song??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrsrC wrote:
First of all I just want to say I absolutely love Trippolette.Great song and great chart.I never got to play it in GH1,but this was the very first song I bought on the RBN.
And I also want to say that after seeing the awesomeness that is Trippolette and seeing your involvement in this site and the RBN,I'm really glad you're the one doing these Umphrey's songs.I can't wait for these tunes.Any idea on when they'll be available to download?

Thanks a lot CrsrC! I've got two up in Playtesting at the moment, so once they're done in there (about 1-2 more weeks) I will be revising and uploading them to Peer Review. Assuming all goes well... you should have them by the end of the month I would guess? Don't quote me on that though!

By the way, I like your avatar. I've been pursuing his band quite a bit as they are one of my all-time favorites. I'd love to work with them eventually.

Is that a picture from the "Comes A Time" Garcia tribute he performed at?

Polanker wrote:
I'm loving the song!

Is there any where to download or purchase an MP3 version of the song??

Thank you Polanker! You know, I've gotten requests for that a few times lately... so I'm going to look into publishing to iTunes or something like that.

In the meantime, you can listen to the song online at my website - http://www.andrewbuch.com - in the compositions section. It's also not too difficult to download any of the music on my page if you know what you're doing. I'm not going to help you do so as I may be selling it at some point soon, but I won't fault you for figuring out how on your own
reksav  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:
Thanks a lot CrsrC! I've got two up in Playtesting at the moment, so once they're done in there (about 1-2 more weeks) I will be revising and uploading them to Peer Review. Assuming all goes well... you should have them by the end of the month I would guess? Don't quote me on that though!

ive waited this long for jam bands to make an appearance on rock band, a few more weeks will seem like a blink of an eye! keep em coming!
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, the drum chart is tricky on this one... I thought it didn't look too bad, but the polyrhythms are really tough! The guitar and bass are awesome though. The guitar solo is hard, but not too hard.

I also just noticed on my latest playthrough that the overdrive drain rate is set such that a full bar of overdrive lasts exactly long enough to get you through the entire second guitar solo (i.e. the hard one). Very clever sir! I applaud stuff like that, because it lets people pass it more easily while giving a clear advantage to those more skilled since they can use their overdrive elsewhere for higher scores.

The only thing I would change is to allow the bass chart to be HOPOs for the moving parts. My experience thus far has been that in most RB charts, moving parts at this speed are HOPOs even if they are actually strummed in the song itself. I know it's less accurate, but it's more fun, and I think the Snow ((Hey Oh)) debacle proved that sacrificing fun for the sake of an accurate chart isn't worth it. This isn't as bad as that song though.

Oh, one other thing I wanted to ask. How did you record this song after you wrote it? Did you get other guys you knew to play the parts, or did you play them all yourself? If you played them all yourself, that's pretty impressive. Or maybe you used some kind of recording trick where you recorded it at half speed so it was doable and sped it up after?
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
CrsrC  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:

I just did! But seriously,as reksav said,I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.Thanks for the info.

Andrew-Buch wrote:
By the way, I like your avatar. I've been pursuing his band quite a bit as they are one of my all-time favorites. I'd love to work with them eventually.

If you can make that happen,I'd love you forever.I mean hell they already have a song on the RB platform as well as GH,so you never know.

Andrew-Buch wrote:
Is that a picture from the "Comes A Time" Garcia tribute he performed at?

Yes,yes it is,good call!
reksav  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate to bring back a dead thread but it seems like this would be the place to put this.

im loving 1348, thank you so much for bringing it to rbn! but of course, hows miss tinkles coming along? can you divulge anymore info on what other songs your working on?

also, just a thought... i know you said youd like to do some work putting treys band onto rbn, have you thought of doing oysterhead instead? trey, claypool, and stewart copeland... i think thatd translate really well over to rb.

again, thanks for bringing umphreys into rock band!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: