FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew-Buch  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network! Reply with quote

Hey guys,

You may remember my song Trippolette from the first Guitar Hero. It was the super-difficult song that you had to use a Gameshark to access.

I just thought that I would post that with the launch of the Rock Band Network today, it has gone live to purchase for Rock Band!

Quote:
Long ago, in the dawn of our Rhythm Gaming Civilization, there was a Song. A Song that rocked so hard it was banned from the land. Known by many names, those who dared to seek it had to undergo a perilous quest in order to unearth it from its tomb.

Now that Song has once again arisen, and is ready to be rocked. Be forewarned - only the most godly of Rock Bands will be able to master it. Do you think you have what it takes to defeat the almighty Trippolette?

----

P.S. If it's improper etiquette to post a thread for just one song here, let me know!
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Andrew definitely picking this one up immediately!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network! Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:
Do you think you have what it takes to defeat the almighty Trippolette?

Absolute classic song, thank you for getting it on the Network!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I can't wait to get my butt kicked by this song all over again.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network! Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Andrew-Buch wrote:

(he FCed it)

Show-off :P

But yeah, it's great to have that song in an "official" context.
Andrew-Buch  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network! Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys!

Deschain wrote:
Andrew-Buch wrote:

(he FCed it)

Don't you have a Crimson King to be confronting somewhere Mr. Deschain?

Seriously though - congrats on the FC! I will readily admit that it was a lot harder to FC in the original GH Hopo system.

Have you checked out the Bass and Drum parts? The Bass is pretty neat - I rewrote it specifically for the RBN release as I'm a bassist primarily myself, so I wanted it to stand out. It's not terribly difficult, but it's got a few things that will make it very hard to FC.

The Drums, on the other hand, offer a very unique challenge for Rock Band / Guitar Hero: Odd Time Signatures and Polyrhythms. More specifically, the majority of the song is in 7/8 - but features some sections with polyrhythms, such as the first Guitar solo. The bass drum and kick are playing in 6/8 there while the hi-hat is in 7/8. It's more of a mind-bender than an endurance test in that regard - which has always been the kind of challenge I like most, and which there's not enough of for drums in the game IMHO.
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know quite a bit about polyrhytms and can tap them out with both hands (at least the simpler ones like 3;2 and 4;3...even 5; 3 is easy). 6/8 kick with 7/8 hi-hat has me stumped.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Trippolette Lives on the Rock Band Network! Reply with quote

Andrew-Buch wrote:
Don't you have a Crimson King to be confronting somewhere Mr. Deschain?

Yeah, if I was Roland Deschain. Big points for getting the reference, though.

Guitar is a much, much tougher FC on GH1, especially since the RBN version incorporates HO/PO chords (GREAT use of them, btw). Bass is a much, much tougher FC, and the drums are great to play.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Sixen  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you have very little information on it, but do you anything about this song being available on PS3 when they start putting songs on PS3? If I recall correctly(which I probably didn't), I think I read somewhere that the artists have to sign some sort of paperwork that states their songs can be on the PS3 RBN store, as well solid sales, which I'm sure this song will. HMX are still very vague on the PS3 topic and how exactly which songs are chosen to be brought over to PS3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
Andrew-Buch  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
I'm sure you have very little information on it, but do you anything about this song being available on PS3 when they start putting songs on PS3? If I recall correctly(which I probably didn't), I think I read somewhere that the artists have to sign some sort of paperwork that states their songs can be on the PS3 RBN store, as well solid sales, which I'm sure this song will. HMX are still very vague on the PS3 topic and how exactly which songs are chosen to be brought over to PS3.

They're being equally vague to us artist's / authors. To be honest, I hadn't heard anything about the paperwork yet - perhaps I'll ask them about that soon.
requiem1394  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bass part is incredibly fun... and sound amazing.
JRyder  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HO/PO chords are used masterfully, even though I've only played the demo, which is a massive cockblock--pardon the term--and cuts off right at the beginning of the first solo. I'm still going to buy the song, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything horribly wrong with the chart.

RBN is awesome.

MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are demo's worked out for the songs? I was gonna demo the song and see how crazy it was, but it stops at the first solo. That's barely even a demo when you don't even get a feel of the song. I was expecting like half the song or something, not 15 or 20%.
JRyder  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
How are demo's worked out for the songs? I was gonna demo the song and see how crazy it was, but it stops at the first solo. That's barely even a demo when you don't even get a feel of the song. I was expecting like half the song or something, not 15 or 20%.

From JCirri's RBN announcement:

Quote:
Players will be able to play the first 35% of the song (or full 1 minute, whichever is shorter) before being given the option to buy the full track.

yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it, very fun with an amazing solo. Also that hopochord run during the main riff is really cool to play. I was surprised how natural it felt. The drums are fun too, the time signature took some getting used to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: