FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Beatles 99% glitch?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Beatles 99% glitch? Reply with quote

So I was playing TB:RB, and did Can't Buy Me Love. In the middle of one of the phrases, when the pie was a little over halfway full, it was letting me activate Beatlemania in the middle of the phrase. When I finished the song with a 4x still intact, I saw a 99% on the results screen, but it had the 28 phrase streak like the song has.

Some pictures show 100% with the streak the song should have, so why did it show as 99%? Is this a glitch or something? Because for a second I was worried I didn't FC it. I would like some proper explanation here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind what I said, I'm a n00b, it seems.

Maybe it was just a coincidence when on 2 of my FCs, I could see myself not getting full credit and then having the glitch. Carry on, I'm a freaking n00b.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually this glitch is purely a glitch. It has nothing to do with whether or not you dropped some ticks on a phrase. Unfortunately there is no proven method to avoid this glitch. It is purely random and there's not much you can do about it.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
actually this glitch is purely a glitch. It has nothing to do with whether or not you dropped some ticks on a phrase. Unfortunately there is no proven method to avoid this glitch. It is purely random and there's not much you can do about it.
Actually I think I found what causes that. It happened to me a LOT when I was grinding Weeps (I think like eight 99% FCs before I figured out what was going on)..What I've noticed is if you miss a phrase and then restart, that miss is somehow carried over to your next play, and it counts you as missing a phrase before the song started, and thus the 99%. (Kinda sorta similar to the 99% overstrum glitch with g/b in gh5) I saw that when I restart, the red flash indicating the phrase miss showed after the restart, so I tried either getting a fab before restarting, or using new song instead of restart, and I haven't gotten it since.

If anyone wants to do the work to prove/disprove it, please report back. I'm not sure if you have to restart REAL fast after missing, or if you like wait a few seconds if it still does it, so test both situations if you test it.
Valkrinos  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:

singemfrc wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:
Actually I think I found what causes that. It happened to me a LOT when I was grinding Weeps (I think like eight 99% FCs before I figured out what was going on)..What I've noticed is if you miss a phrase and then restart, that miss is somehow carried over to your next play, and it counts you as missing a phrase before the song started, and thus the 99%. (Kinda sorta similar to the 99% overstrum glitch with g/b in gh5) I saw that when I restart, the red flash indicating the phrase miss showed after the restart, so I tried either getting a fab before restarting, or using new song instead of restart, and I haven't gotten it since.

If anyone wants to do the work to prove/disprove it, please report back. I'm not sure if you have to restart REAL fast after missing, or if you like wait a few seconds if it still does it, so test both situations if you test it.

I'm certain that tidus is right, as I have noticed this myself long before this thread. I was surprised by the 99% as well, but clearly could see what would cause it.

As I've noticed, if I cut it close and get 990 points or something for a phrase (talking about if I had a 1x multiplier at the time, for example), still getting a Fab on it (talking about 1x multiplier, just for example), and FC the rest, would it come out to 100%? Nope, 99%. Everytime I've noticed that I might just get most but not completely all, it gives 99%.

It's not some random glitch. It's just not giving you 100% for something you didn't fully fill. When I see that I've gotten full points, I get 100%, if I get a 990 or something on a phrase, but still get a Fab, that's a 99%.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valkrinos wrote:

I'm certain that tidus is right, as I have noticed this myself long before this thread. I was surprised by the 99% as well, but clearly could see what would cause it.

As I've noticed, if I cut it close and get 990 points or something for a phrase (talking about if I had a 1x multiplier at the time, for example), still getting a Fab on it (talking about 1x multiplier, just for example), and FC the rest, would it come out to 100%? Nope, 99%. Everytime I've noticed that I might just get most but not completely all, it gives 99%.

It's not some random glitch. It's just not giving you 100% for something you didn't fully fill. When I see that I've gotten full points, I get 100%, if I get a 990 or something on a phrase, but still get a Fab, that's a 99%.

but it IS some random glitch. I've sang at least a dozen songs that i've dropped ticks and still gotten 100%. And i've sang probably 5 songs or so where i have NOT dropped ticks and gotten a 99%. It sounds like singe is on to something, which is awesome as nobody has been able to figure out what causes it, but i can assure you that you can definately get this glitch WITHOUT dropping ticks, which makes it purely a glitch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:

but it IS some random glitch. I've sang at least a dozen songs that i've dropped ticks and still gotten 100%. And i've sang probably 5 songs or so where i have NOT dropped ticks and gotten a 99%. It sounds like singe is on to something, which is awesome as nobody has been able to figure out what causes it, but i can assure you that you can definately get this glitch WITHOUT dropping ticks, which makes it purely a glitch.

Agreed. I noticed this problem way back when TB:RB was first released, and got this pic to prove it's not dropped ticks:

Valkrinos  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Valkrinos wrote:

Huh. I was almost certain that was it though. I hardly see it, except when, it seems, that I only slightly got under the max points. Perhaps it can glitch at sometimes, but I'm pretty sure everytime I 100% it but know that I got maybe 990 instead of the 1000, it gives 99%. So perhaps there's a glitch, as well as an actual time it happens (like when you just barely Fab something and not get full points)

Icemage wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:

Agreed. I noticed this problem way back when TB:RB was first released, and got this pic to prove it's not dropped ticks:

Huh. Well, technically, since that isn't near the max score, perhaps squeezing happened to give you an even number. However, I assume you're showing me to say that that is just from doing the phrases without squeezing and you still ended up with that. So, I guess in all cases this isn't as open-and-shut as it seemed.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not its near the max score is completely irrelevant, the streak is what is important in that picture, and 25 is the FC streak.

I am (ironically) about 99% sure that I'm right about what causes the glitch, because I never ever get it when I remember to try and avoid it. As soon as I get lazy and start doing restart, it happens again.

Side note, instead of doing new song or waiting till you get a fab, I've been trying just doing restart twice, since thats faster, and havent gotten the glitch yet that way.
Valkrinos  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Whether or not its near the max score is completely irrelevant, the streak is what is important in that picture, and 25 is the FC streak.

I am (ironically) about 99% sure that I'm right about what causes the glitch, because I never ever get it when I remember to try and avoid it. As soon as I get lazy and start doing restart, it happens again.

Side note, instead of doing new song or waiting till you get a fab, I've been trying just doing restart twice, since thats faster, and havent gotten the glitch yet that way.

I wasn't saying it being near the max score was important, I was just saying that I wouldn't have known for sure, off the top of my head, if he had squeezed any and happened to still get that even amount somehow. Unlikely, sure, but I was just saying.

Perhaps it could be the restarting thing, I've just only really known it when I miss a smidge from a phrase. Perhaps it could be both, because I'm pretty sure if you cut it close and Fab a phrase but not get the full points, it still gives me 99%, so perhaps there can be multiple things that cause it. Getting a Fab but cutting it close, and the glitch you talk about. Who knows.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dropping ticks on a phrase will definately cause you to get the 99% glitch most of the time (90% + of the time it seems). I was just pointing out that it can happen even if you don't drop ticks and thank you icemage for conveniently having proof of just that
Valkrinos  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
dropping ticks on a phrase will definately cause you to get the 99% glitch most of the time (90% + of the time it seems). I was just pointing out that it can happen even if you don't drop ticks and thank you icemage for conveniently having proof of just that

I wouldn't call getting slightly less than full points on a phrase but getting enough to Fab it and getting a 99% at the end even though you kept a streak the whole time being a glitch though. That seems like the programmers intended that. If people are getting it from the restart thing, that would be a glitch, I'd say.

I'm not sure how often you guys notice it happening from the restart, but a few days ago I restarted on a song, and I believe it was said in this thread that if they restarted and saw the little animation that appeared like a miss to them, that they'd get 99% instead of 100%. I saw an animation happen near my multiplier there after I restarted, and I still got 100% just fine. So perhaps it doesn't always happen from that.
BubbleBobble  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just thought I would share that this happened to me playing Octopus's Garden on solo expert vocals earlier this evening

I'm 99% certain that I hit 100% of the phrases, and yet I still ended up with 99% somehow

so yeah I guess it's a glitch
CHawk  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also state that the idea of it glitching when you restart after missing a phrase is also moot.

When WA-TB:RB was working on FBFC'ing songs, we got the 99% glitch on Good Morning Good Morning, as well as Because, and we did both of those on the first try. Meaning, as Joe said, it's purely a glitch. Nothing can really be played into account of why it would show 99% instead of 100%.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHawk wrote:
I should also state that the idea of it glitching when you restart after missing a phrase is also moot.

When WA-TB:RB was working on FBFC'ing songs, we got the 99% glitch on Good Morning Good Morning, as well as Because, and we did both of those on the first try. Meaning, as Joe said, it's purely a glitch. Nothing can really be played into account of why it would show 99% instead of 100%.
Just because it can show up randomly does not mean there is not also another cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: