FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum Modding 101 *Under Construction*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulsurvivor3310  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if using the sock mod on a QM kit that has air bubbles on some of the pads will be effective?

Platnium Guitarist since 11/16/08
ShayleaChensu  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, a quick question, kinda.

I've had a look through all these guides (which are pretty good) but none seem to answer my concern which is is there any known way of fixing a pedal that's just stopped working? There's no physical damage to it, no snapping in half etc, mine has just stopped working. The only time a bass pedal note is registered is when the jack is being plugged into the drums. And it's a bit hard to pull the plug in and out whilst playing the drums >__>

So is there a way of fixing this myself or is it just easier to buy a new one?
mercuryshadow09  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see somebody has already found Doc's site.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this mod just after the holiday's. Thank you for putting together this great tutorial it worked perfectly. My questions is, i went ahead and bought the RB2 drums so i'm wondering if my modded cymbals will work with the new drums??
BootsMegamix  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ION Bass Pedal Repair/Mod:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24173
pheonix  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone point me to the topic where someone has run the ions cables through the beams, i remember seeing it a while back but cant seem to find it now

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Rattle Fix Mod Reply with quote

I did this mod to fix my pads cuz screws kept coming loose and rattling around. Is it bad for my set?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB-lSP-xBCE
Zorban  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if its been added yet but,

my rock band stock pedal broke, so i bought this plate and screwed it on and now it wont brake and it is easier to push down and make double and triple bass much easier allowing me to hit the double bass in ride the lighting almost every time

Pedal Metal Plate

For more info,

Pedal Metal Website

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: zorben PSN Name: STMAarks Wii Friend Code: 4421688071511947
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after i took off all my pads on my EL rb2 kit(GWM should be here tommorow thats why i took em off) I noticed that they all crack in the same area. There is like a small dot(thingy) on all of em and its the same on all pads. The crack splits there or is going through that area. I know that red is frankenstein but the cracks goes thru the same place there.

Green crack isent noticeabel but its there and its going thru the dot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please add my Quarter Mod for Ion Cymbals?

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29614

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
Geekthras  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to fix completely unresponsive pads? I'm on a stock wii kit, all the other pads work okay, but the green one will not register a single hit no matter how hard I hit it. I took the drum off, but I don't see any obvious problems other than a big crack down the middle.

I am a guy who plays the drums. I use the drumsticks to play the drums. I also play the ukulele. I don't use my drumsticks for my ukulele. That would be bad.
Drums: 14,700,000 points in RB2, 4,700,000 in TB:RB
Accomplishments
Wii FC 5398 0984 3367
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm on a RB2 stock kit and my red pad is 100% busted.

I was hoping if people can tell me how I can replace my red pad with my green pad (I'm gonna be using a cymbal for Green). And I really don't want a half-assed explanation simply stating "REPLACE IT", I just want an explanation of what I need to do, be it switch around wires, opening the back of the kit, etc.

Sorry if that sounded a little demanding, but I'm really getting desperate and so far, I have not found a single detailed solution.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Ryoandr  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came out with a issue indirectly related to my Metalworkz. Since the install is the almost same with Metalworkz and Goodwood mods, it might help some people here.

For some time now (+1 year), I have Metalworkz installed on my kit, a PS3 RB1 SL kit. All works fine, however I had some weird, resonating noise on red and green pads, specially during rolls or if I struck with some force ; I have support struts but it did not make a sound difference (it does help and it's still highly recommended if only for structural support).

I checked my old, original green pad, and I see that the foam is covered with a layer of rigid plastic, while yellow and blue pad simply have naked foam. So I checked back the green shell and it struck me : the original green and red heads actually rest on small plastic bars above the shell bottom ; yellow and blue lay on a flat surface. When installing the Metalworkz, you also put a supplied foam but it will rest at the bottom, thus not providing enough resistance and causing the weird noises.

I took the original green and red foam with the plastic layer (It's a very delicate and long process to not tear it, but it's doable) and put it on the red and green Metalworkz, and BINGO : no more noise no more vibrations. Note that this might not be needed with EL kits as they have the foam fixed in the shell.

As I said, it's not a direct problem with Metalworz (I already contacted them about this), and it might also happen with Goodwood Mods, so I hope this info can come in handy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: