FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The RBN Thread 2.0- Celldweller!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416, 417  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcanon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
YAY finally!

Any word on the other brony songs? Discord is my favorite, but I know my husband will want the Luna song whenever it comes around...

Edit: Derp, need to read up just a bit. Ah well. *waits impatiently*

Luna and Trixie need a bit more playtest love, I think, before I'm ready to put them into Peer Review. Good Girl's probably the closest of the three remaining ones, I'll probably be putting that into PR real soon.

JOE2210 wrote:
I'd like to HEAVILY recommend Virus by Sonic Boom Six. That song was the soundtrack of my birthday.

And it's awesome.

I'm going to second this. Hell of a song, that is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm... ummm... HOW DID THIS PASS???? It (being the pro keys chart) isn't even close to playable with all the inaudible grace notes and glissandos thrown in the choruses and verses.

There is a reason why people don't like playing things like Pulse of the Maggots.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
ummm... ummm... HOW DID THIS PASS???? It (being the pro keys chart) isn't even close to playable with all the inaudible grace notes and glissandos thrown in the choruses and verses.

There is a reason why people don't like playing things like Pulse of the Maggots.

That chart is arguably more playable than the Andromeda songs. I mean it's not the charter's fault if the keys part is full of finger-breaking chords.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
I mean it's not the charter's fault if the keys part is full of finger-breaking chords.
That's not necessarily as much as the problem as the nearly inaudible spam parts like at here. It may be there, but it doesn't mean you have to chart literally every tiny thing that's in there. Enjoyability should be a priority over accuracy.

(And yes, I know that the keys audio in that vid has lowered volume due to it not being played. I've listened to it normally, and I still can't hear it.)
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
PlatStrat wrote:
I mean it's not the charter's fault if the keys part is full of finger-breaking chords.
That's not necessarily as much as the problem as the nearly inaudible spam parts like at here. It may be there, but it doesn't mean you have to chart literally every tiny thing that's in there. Enjoyability should be a priority over accuracy.

(And yes, I know that the keys audio in that vid has lowered volume due to it not being played. I've listened to it normally, and I still can't hear it.)

Though this isn't a chart I was involved with, I thought I'd offer a perspective.

If the parts are inaudible, that's an issue of the mixing; not the chart. Most of the graces in the track look like glissandos and the amount of accuracy required in glisses is basically nil. All you have to do is spam keys; you could arpeggiate the approaching chord and hit them. If the white key runs aren't glisses, that's a problem for sure. The parts you link to would be tough but literally happen twice in the song. Four times if you want to count these spots, but they lead into the chord pretty well.

I understand why someone would dislike the chart but it's hardly on the level of "how could anyone pass this?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Enjoyability should be a priority over accuracy.

This argument has lost credibility since this came out.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I tried this out on just regular keys (on guitar) and had a whole lot more trouble with it than I expected. I listen to the song on a regular basis so I was surprised with the difficulty. Chord-y difficulty is the most frustrating because I can read it, I just can't do it... takes a lot of the fun out of it, but let's be honest I bought this mostly for vocals. It makes me wonder what Luna is gonna look like.

What are the chances of getting This Day Aria? I would love to play that song in Rock Band

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
What are the chances of getting This Day Aria? I would love to play that song in Rock Band

Next to nil. That's an official song from the show and you'd have to go through a bunch of hoops and fees to get that licensed and I'd bet that no authoring group (including the Brony Authoring Group) has the resources to pull that off. However there is a custom of This Day Aria out there that would fulfill your needs.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, I wasn't sure what the policy was on covers since I really don't delve into the RBN stuff very often (hopefully it was obvious I meant the Eurobeat Brony version). But yeah. It would also be really cool to see music from Homestuck (I recall a Homestuck project in the past), but now I'm just wishlisting.

As a side note, in a few weeks we could see this little forum get a whole lot more attention as the official releases are ending. What do people think about having new threads for every new release? Instead of digging in this thread every time for reactions/discussion. As much as I love the "RBN 2.0 Celldweller!" thread, it's probably a bit hard to digest for people who are new to perusing RBN... Just a thought.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may as well just have a treehouse to yourselves with a sign on it saying "No PS3ers or Wiiers allowed".

Yes, I'm still disappointed about the end of RBN on those consoles. The mere possibility of more Bang Camaro, Umphrey's McGee, Gov't Mule and Tragically Hip is enough to cause sadness, let alone what's actually on the way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:

I would just like to point out again that this argument is moot to say the least; One crappy chart does not allow all other crappy charts to be immediately allowed. That's like arguing that you're allowed to murder cause other people have gotten away with it in the past.

And I have to agree with you Hailz, I'd love a new thread for each week of releases (similar to the way official releases work), would make it much easier to see what's coming out rather than trying to discern through here.

I was also curious as to how deals with bands that have multiple distribution companies works? The example I was thinking of was Porcupine Tree; They're distributed by Roadrunner in Europe (who I know doesn't distribute to RBN, cause they're mean) but by Atlantic/Victor in the US, which one do you go to for permission to the rights?
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
TheLonging wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:

I would just like to point out again that this argument is moot to say the least; One crappy chart does not allow all other crappy charts to be immediately allowed. That's like arguing that you're allowed to murder cause other people have gotten away with it in the past.

And I have to agree with you Hailz, I'd love a new thread for each week of releases (similar to the way official releases work), would make it much easier to see what's coming out rather than trying to discern through here.

I was also curious as to how deals with bands that have multiple distribution companies works? The example I was thinking of was Porcupine Tree; They're distributed by Roadrunner in Europe (who I know doesn't distribute to RBN, cause they're mean) but by Atlantic/Victor in the US, which one do you go to for permission to the rights?

Since Rock Band is US Based, I believe it's whoever has the US distribution rights. I can't say for sure, but I know at TAG, when we've been working with Season of Mist, there have been certain off-limits bands because they only had European distribution rights.

So I don't know if you have to have JUST the US distribution rights, or everything INCLUDING the US distribution rights, but I know that's a minimum requirement.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in that case if it is just the US distribution rights that are needed, then the first authoring company to get me Bonnie the Cat gets all my money (not that that's much... But hey I'll give you morale support too)!
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
noble  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need worldwide rights.

And if they don't have them (like if they only have US rights), then you'll have to get permission from whoever has the rest of the rights.

It's the reason Money sex and power stalled. The original label was like yeah, then the label with the other rights gave us the middle finger pretty much.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Thunder Buckets PSN Name: thunderbuckets
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
You may as well just have a treehouse to yourselves with a sign on it saying "No PS3ers or Wiiers allowed".

Yes, I'm still disappointed about the end of RBN on those consoles. The mere possibility of more Bang Camaro, Umphrey's McGee, Gov't Mule and Tragically Hip is enough to cause sadness, let alone what's actually on the way.

If it makes you feel any better, the new consoles for both Sony and Microsoft will probably be released by holiday 2013. So we will probably only see several more months of RBN before interest begins to wane as people naturally gravitate towards the newer stuff. Maybe RBN will be supported on the new XBOX, I could be wrong, but I can't imagine the system to be supported for a whole lot longer especially with XNA going away.

I know that doesn't help ease the pain (since the "buy an XBOX lolz!" retort is neither helpful nor practical), but all of us will have to jump ship sooner or later or just deal with the library we have once RBN dies. Thankfully, I am so late to this party I can probably find a few hidden gems on RBN in the meantime.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 415 of 417

Jump to: