FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The RBN Thread 2.0- Celldweller!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 415, 416, 417  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: The RBN Thread 2.0- Celldweller! Reply with quote

Don't know what the Rock Band Network is? Click here!

Due to the speed RBN moves at and TehShrike's awesome script over at Error 420 that updates every 30 seconds, I won't be updating the OP beyond highlighting artists from each week or so.

Table of Contents

I. The Life and Times of an RBN Song
II. FAQ

I. The Life and Times of an RBN Song

Here's something to keep in mind before you scroll down, courtesy of PeridotWeapon-

Quote:
The short "Life and Times of a Wannabe RBN Song":
It gets submitted.
It goes through standard playtesting for two weeks.
If the creator thinks it's ready, it goes up for Peer Review.
Eight positive peer reviews and it gets through; one "fatal flaw" failure or a few "minor flaw" failures and it's back to the drawing board.

Either way, it vanishes from the 'Peer Review' list, and those of us in the Beta won't know if it's been approved until we see it appear in the Approved list a few days later (or back in playtesting as a new revision number).

II. FAQ

Q: How much do they cost?

A: Either $1, $2, or $3 per song, all at the band or author's discretion. While the vast majority of the tracks listed run $1 (or 80 MSP), more well-known tracks fall in the latter. There's also no way (yet, at least) to offer pack/album discounts.

Q: What systems is the network on?

A: As of right now, RBN full is limited solely to Xbox 360 owners. Selected songs hit the PS3 and Wii alongside regular DLC releases each week.

Q: Why can't PS3 and Wii owners use the full version?

A: XNA. Microsoft had the infrastructure in place for community members to upload content to the service independently, which is exactly what the RBN needs to work. Harmonix has said that they're working on getting around this limitation and bringing the full network to each system- and there are rumors that Sony is building something similar- but we don't know when just yet.

Q: How do I make songs for the network?

A: Go to creators.rockband.com and follow the instructions there. Essentially, it involves getting the master tracks for each instrument (usually referred to as "stems"), downloading the Reaper and Magma programs to isolate and chart them for each difficulty, and then uploading them to the XNA service for playtesting and peer review.

Q: So I can just upload whatever I want?

A: Not quite. Copyrighted material that the artist hasn't given you permission to use is strictly off-limits, as is charting and uploading a song without each stem properly embedded. There are plenty of people on this site that use the charting programs to create non-RBN customs that you play offline, though, so there's always that option.

Q: Can't I just pay somebody to do all of the charting for me?

A: Definitely. RhythmAuthors and RockGamerStudios, which are two of the biggest RBN charting groups around, were started by people from this very website, and there are plenty of other ScoreHero users that will chart songs, too.

Q: How much does it cost?

A: If you're interested in charting songs yourself, the total cost of an XNA subscription, Xbox Live, the Reaper mixing program, and Harmonix's Magma chart-authoring software is about $210, though the cost for Reaper jumps from $60 to $225 if you make more than $20,000 from RBN songs in a year. If you're in a band interested in having somebody else chart songs for you, it costs absolutely nothing- most groups just take a percentage of the total revenue your song generates on RBN, though there are a few that charge up-front.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:11 am; edited 272 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The New, Unofficial Everything RBN Thread Reply with quote

EDIT: Disregard this post. I shouldn't be whining.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for undertaking this task!

Did you mention Graveyard BBQ? I forgot what they announced, but it was like 4 or 5 songs, including Cheat on the Church.

Also, Flight of the Conchords also will have "Business Time" and Evanescence is going to have "Going Under".

I'm sure there's more, but those pop out right now. Will post again and keep checking up on this thread.

EDIT: Also, looks like your missing a Prong song and a Ministry song. And how about making a note of what songs are approved? I suppose if you don't have access to the website, you can't know that, but I could give you a heads up there if you need.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeroxgp wrote:
Thanks for undertaking this task!

Did you mention Graveyard BBQ? I forgot what they announced, but it was like 4 or 5 songs, including Cheat on the Church.

Also, Flight of the Conchords also will have "Business Time" and Evanescence is going to have "Going Under".

I'm sure there's more, but those pop out right now. Will post again and keep checking up on this thread.

I'm only to the Bs or so right now. TBH I almost didn't post, knowing how massive an undertaking this would be for a thread that will be completely irrelevant once the public launch hits. Sorry for not hitting some of the fan favs yet- I'll see if I can't knock out bands like Graveyard and the other Main Drag songs real quick. Good thing Scorehero has been pretty cool over the years ;-)

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

I'm only to the Bs or so right now. TBH I almost didn't post, knowing how massive an undertaking this would be for a thread that will be completely irrelevant once the public launch hits. Sorry for not hitting some of the fan favs yet- I'll see if I can't knock out bands like Graveyard and the other Main Drag songs real quick. Good thing Scorehero has been pretty cool over the years ;-)

It is an undertaking for sure, but if you keep on it, I'm sure it'll be appreciated, and you're giving more attention to the RBN so that's always good.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
toopskittles  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeroxgp wrote:
It is an undertaking for sure, but if you keep on it, I'm sure it'll be appreciated, and you're giving more attention to the RBN so that's always good.

yes thank you seriously. this is a lot more convenient than sifting through pages of various threads just to keep up with announcements for the week and i've already seen quite a bit of bands/songs that i wasn't aware of
ex: CIRCA SURVIVE?? happiness!

Last edited by toopskittles on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portugal. The Man's name has a period in it, just saying. As others have said, I've seen some good stuff and new stuff so good job.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Can't Stop the Bleeding" is the missing Prong song and apparently ANOTHER Prong song just got reported on RBNnews Twitter, "Worst of It". Can't find Youtube links for either though.

I haven't heard the new Prong album but "The Banishment" is one of my favorite drum tracks from last year and I am really excited to see all this Prong hit playtesting so I may check out the new CD.

EDIT: Also huge thanks for this thread, a great resource.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they've posted it anywhere, but my friend's band Sun Domingo will have a song in RBN, charted by Rhythm Authors. I believe the song they picked is "Something Face". You can hear it on their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/sundomingo.

I personally financed them to get the stem tracks from their studio.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seether?

/wrists

Friggin' Wii...

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
reksav  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the assembly of dust track was revealed (in an email newsletter from the band) to be "pedal down" from the latest release "some assembly required"
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: The New, Unofficial Everything RBN Thread Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

* Ron Wasserman- “Fight Back” -Superhero Rock (He did the Power Rangers theme song)
* Ron Wasserman- “Revengers” -Superhero Rock

*Explicit Comment(s) Here*
GIVE. ME. MOAR.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: The New, Unofficial Everything RBN Thread Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
* The Main Drag - "Don't Let Me Down (Slowly)" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "Dove Nets" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "How We'd Look On Paper" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "Love During Wartime" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag- "Megatron" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "Talk Them Down" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
I think you're missing a few. From what was reported, all of Yours as Fast as Mine is coming. Missing tracks would be:

Swine Houses
Car Windows
Montana
Taking Apart a Gigantic Machine
Even Seconds
Goodnight Technologist

Of those, Even Seconds, Montana, and Taking Apart a Giant Machine were directly mentioned on the RBNnews twitter account. Tricky Girl was also mentioned on that twitter account.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: The New, Unofficial Everything RBN Thread Reply with quote

Blotted Science and Watchtower? Ron Jarzombek twosome, hell yeah.

Music I like is actually being put on Rock Band. What's this world coming to

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(EDIT: There's no real need to bog down the thread with duplicate info now that fUNC's added the approved list of songs to the first post.)

============================

Last edited by PeridotWeapon on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 1 of 417

Jump to: