FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The RBN Thread 2.0- Celldweller!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 415, 416, 417  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixen  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An FYI if you didnt know, but Nick Gallant did a lot of the Guitar/Bass parts on the covers for GH2 along with Marcus Henderson.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: The New, Unofficial Everything RBN Thread Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
fUNC wrote:
* The Main Drag - "Don't Let Me Down (Slowly)" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "Dove Nets" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "How We'd Look On Paper" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "Love During Wartime" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag- "Megatron" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "Talk Them Down" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
* The Main Drag - "What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?" -Indie Rock/Harmonix
I think you're missing a few. From what was reported, all of Yours as Fast as Mine is coming. Missing tracks would be:

Swine Houses
Car Windows
Montana
Taking Apart a Gigantic Machine
Even Seconds
Goodnight Technologist

Of those, Even Seconds, Montana, and Taking Apart a Giant Machine were directly mentioned on the RBNnews twitter account. Tricky Girl was also mentioned on that twitter account.

I mentioned not having every Main Drag song in my response to xeroxgp a few posts above yours. The only reason I hadn't done those yet is that I'd only had some of the MD songs listed on RBDLC. Like the OP says, expanding the list to include absolutely everything- I only made it through E yesterday- is going to take a while, but F-M should be done before the day's out. If it was a matter of simply copy-pasting from wesjett's list on the official forums, it would be one thing, but I try to search out each song on YouTube/Google/Last.fm and give more specific genre listings before resorting to a single MySpace link when possible. Wordpress and this forum don't play nice, either, so I end up hand-coding a lot of the HTML.

Making a special designation for approved songs is a solid idea, though. I'll use Peridot's handy list to do it after work today. Hope this isn't sounding petty at all, or that I don't greatly appreciate every suggestion that people have made. I just figured that having one thread would make things a million times easier for people over here.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
soundbarrier4  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch man! I've been waiting for a whole thread that'll be kept up for the RBN.

All these videos online are confusing me.

I basic idea I'm getting is that the people who have access to the open beta can just chart any song the want, but that doesn't mean it'll be on RBN. For example, I see a bunch of Avenged Sevenfold songs on YouTube that say RBN on them. That's just some random person charting it because they have access to the tools right?

And this list in the OP are officially confirmed songs for RBN, right? So "I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made of? by A Day to Remember is officially going to be on the RBN?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: soundbarrier4SH
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this list in the OP are officially confirmed songs for RBN, right?

Not necessarily. The list is those songs that have been officially SUBMITTED with the intent to be released. Not all of them will pass review, and some may take ten or more revised releases to finally make the grade.

The short "Life and Times of a Wannabe RBN Song":
It gets submitted.
It goes through standard playtesting for two weeks.
If the creator thinks it's ready, it goes up for Peer Review.
Eight positive peer reviews and it gets through; one "fatal flaw" failure or a few "minor flaw" failures and it's back to the drawing board.

Either way, it vanishes from the 'Peer Review' list, and those of us in the Beta won't know if it's been approved until we see it appear in the Approved list a few days later (or back in playtesting as a new revision number).

(It's somewhat more complex than that, but that's the "short version.")
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Spock's Beard song in there too.
MusketWarrior  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Unfurling a Darkened Gospel by Job for a Cowboy was just a custom? I don't ever remember hearing anything about JfaC coming to RBN.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MusketWarrior wrote:
I thought Unfurling a Darkened Gospel by Job for a Cowboy was just a custom? I don't ever remember hearing anything about JfaC coming to RBN.

I believe it was posted on the RBN twitter, and their label has been putting some of their other bands up as well. I also remember hearing about Crushed Beyond Dust by Skeletonwitch through that twitter.

I can also make an educated guess on which Terrorhorse songs will be the other five they're releasing. (They have six total songs. >__>)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, good luck managing this thread fUNC. You're on scorehero more than I am at this point, so its good that you've taken the reins for a thread that hopes to stay constant.

Second, source on the Portugal. the Man confirmation?
Nollaig  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:
First off, good luck managing this thread fUNC. You're on scorehero more than I am at this point, so its good that you've taken the reins for a thread that hopes to stay constant.

Second, source on the Portugal. the Man confirmation?

http://twitter.com/RBNnews/status/9223278129

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodnod. I can also confirm that it's on the RBN Playtest as we speak (and has been for about five days, it looks like). "Alaska natives Portugal. The Man are sure to charm fans with their unique brand of funk-folk-indie rock, prolifically delivering albums with depth and character."

Song is "Do You," tentative difficulties of [2/2/3/2/2].

(Hey, I spent a Saturday's worth of overtime to get access to the beta, I should at least do my part for the community, come out of "retirement" and offer what info I can, right? )
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
And this list in the OP are officially confirmed songs for RBN, right?

Not necessarily. The list is those songs that have been officially SUBMITTED with the intent to be released. Not all of them will pass review, and some may take ten or more revised releases to finally make the grade.

The short "Life and Times of a Wannabe RBN Song":
It gets submitted.
It goes through standard playtesting for two weeks.
If the creator thinks it's ready, it goes up for Peer Review.
Eight positive peer reviews and it gets through; one "fatal flaw" failure or a few "minor flaw" failures and it's back to the drawing board.

Either way, it vanishes from the 'Peer Review' list, and those of us in the Beta won't know if it's been approved until we see it appear in the Approved list a few days later (or back in playtesting as a new revision number).

(It's somewhat more complex than that, but that's the "short version.")

Hope you don't mind if I quote this in the OP ;-) You broke it down far better than I would've.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any info about songs from That Handsome Devil?
SteroidPirate  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PORTUGAL THE MAN. YESSS. RBN just keeps getting better and better.

thespike  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this would be the thread to post new stuff in..

Texas in July - Hook, Line, and Sinner - Metal - Core
Chrome Coma - Trapped in Yesterday - Rock - Hard Rock

All tier 6 besides the 0 vox for the Texas in July song.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Kratos  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundbarrier4 wrote:

And this list in the OP are officially confirmed songs for RBN, right? So "I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made of? by A Day to Remember is officially going to be on the RBN?

My heart skipped a few beats when it saw that song too.

Such a fucking epic song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 2 of 417

Jump to: