FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PAX East -- who's going, need a bandmate, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had met Wedge at a previous PAX, but I didn't recognize anyone else: it was Gurnkiller who figured out who I was after watching me on the freeplay stage. In his own words:

"You were wearing a Fedora and upstrumming every note on bass. Who else could you have been?"

Bitchin' finals video, Adrenaline. It was great to meet all the old and new SHers, even if I don't get around to this side of the forum much anymore. I even ran into the opposing vocalist from the 2008 PAX RB tourney finals who greeted me with a cry of "Metallica Sucks!" (I had forgotten that was our band name) >.>

If anyone missed the keynote, it's all on youtube, and EXTREMELY worth the time it takes to watch it.

(And somewhat off-topic, but if anyone should stumble across video of the DJ Hero final, let me know. I know three people were recording it but I can't find any footage on the youtubes.)

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't sorted through my pictures and videos at all yet, so here's a raw dump of my camera: http://ajanata.com/~ajanata/paxeast2010/

I'll work on uploading the good videos to youtube tomorrow probably.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i just got back from developing the pictures I took at PAX. I was testing out a 'new' camera* and because of the lighting at the convention center I was pushing my film for the first time. So while I managed to get surprisingly good exposure on my pics, almost all of them are blurry because the focus calibration isn't correct on the camera.

Also, all my pics are of people at the GAMBIT booth, except for a couple I took of Tycho and co. when they got on the freeplay stage to play "Go with the flow", but as luck would have it, they're all blurry, too. BLARGH.

oh well, i tried.

p.s. at gambit today we had a post-pax pizza party (try saying that 5 times fast) and we were visited by Robert Khoo of Penny Arcade (basically the director of PAX). we chilled and talked with him while he listened to our accolades and suggestions for next year (e.g. bigger venue, more games to play while waiting in line, etc.). it was awesome.

*by 'new' i mean 'new to me'. i just got a Lubitel 166B Twin Lens Reflex camera off of ebay. i woulda taken another of my TLRs as backup, but they were outta commission at the time...
Tobias911  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, there are more pics im beginning to see on facebook from alot of Pax East 2010 peeps, how about we just add our facebook in here so everyone can add each other and see and tag the handles to names of faces!

Here's Mine : http://www.facebook.com/Tobias911
Tobias911  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for post whoring, but this was too good to pass up lol check it out!

http://ajanata.com/~ajanata/paxeast2010/sunday/IMG_1011.JPG

Can this be entered on SH? Its picture proof from PAX! =p

Last edited by Tobias911 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Synech  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoamygod screen stretch.

also i want that font. the "like, a zillion" font.

also where is this from? I hope it wasn't an awesome panel i missed...
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe 7 gold stars
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Lazily copied from the Acc. Thread )

http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41546

I realize this may be a bit late, but it's taken some time to get everything together for this, not to mention my own laziness has recently gotten the best of me. Anyway, this whole weekend was so much fun. Got to meet so many new people, plus see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while.

And a big thanks to Mystakin for recording our songs. My camera, unfortunately, doesn't take great videos, but everything worked out. I hope to see a lot of you from PAX at GUFest in June over in Foxboro!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a split second shot of Adrenaline playing at PAX in the latest PATV episode.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Tobias911  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4:17 seconds till u see us for 2 seconds! lol
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
There's a split second shot of Adrenaline playing at PAX in the latest PATV episode.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/
BITCHIN

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I know I don't post that much on here anymore but it was awesome to meet the new faces and see the old ones. I realize it's been almost a month but what can I say? I'm too lazy to check forums...

I will definitely be at PAX East again next year, and for any of you that will be at PAX Prime I'll be there too. I love meeting more peeps from SH (for some reason I already know a lot though... is that weird?) so we should totally get together if you'll be there!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: