FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PAX East -- who's going, need a bandmate, etc.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niq24601  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: PAX East -- who's going, need a bandmate, etc. Reply with quote

GH version of this post. I'm never on the GH side of the site so I wanted to post here too.

Here's the summary of SH-related happenings at PAX, based on replies to the thread here. Also, some people are still looking for bandmates for the tournament, so check the replies.

• Weekend-long RB tournament, featuring at the very least, Interrobang!, vVv Adrenaline, and Easy Like Pie
  • Friday, Fedora (and others) will be at the freeplay stage
  • Saturday there's a meetup from 4:30pm-8:00pm, place TBD (presumably at the Rock Band Freeplay stage?)
  • Sunday, for everyone not still in the tournament, and presumably for those in it, HMX is hosting a panel which is your chance to heckle them for putting Lady Gaga/Kelly Clarkson/Hinder in Rock Band.
  • New England Music Supply will be at PAX in some capacity.

Anyone headed to PAX East? If there's an RB tournament a band made up of SH players would trounce the competition. If not, it's an excuse together and drink beer. Or ginger ale.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser

Last edited by niq24601 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking today about making a thread for this very purpose. Interrobang is going to try to be there and compete in the RB tournament. Beingmused is already in Boston and I'll definitely be going (buying my plane tickets around the end of next week, I believe). Just got to see if InternetGuy & Sixen can figure out a way to get there (seems like we should be able to figure something out). I've seen a lot of other RB people talking on Twitter about coming, as well.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Tobias911  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i know there is no RB tournament going on atm, but vVv Adrenaline will be there to chill, play and just have a good time all around!
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going anyway, but I'll be really surprised if there isn't a RB tournament, especially with HMX being there.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
beingmused  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this and figured I'd get some confirmation:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3513946&posted=1#post3513946
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
niq24601  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... not score based. Or score plus other stuff based. Oh well, it's not like I was gonna beat Interrobang anyway ^_^.

Presumably there is also a freeplay stage as well. At PAX west whenever a truly skilled band gets up there it blows everybody away. Even getting through the solo on "My Sharona" impresses most people .

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate performance-based stuff so much...but that probably stems from me not being good at it. The rockstar fantasy is all in my head!

I hope to be there, and I may be towing a band along.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
I hate performance-based stuff so much...

Same here. I really hope that there's something score-based. I HATE singing in front of people, but can tolerate it if I am going for score. If it's for performance, we may have to put InternetGuy on vocals instead. I suspect he'd be much more comfortable hamming it up than I would.

niq24601  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
I hate performance-based stuff so much...but that probably stems from me not being good at it..

I'm down with some performance component, but getting beat by a bunch of people playing on Hard or Medium because they have fancier costumes is just lame. You should at least have to play on expert.

singemfrc wrote:
Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally (for me, at least) would be a normal, score-based competition, with prizes for best dressed/best performance/best vocal interpretation. Simultaneous, yet separate. This happened once at a GH2 tournament I went to, and while some people just went straight for the performance stuff, some tried both.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Sixen  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the RB strats I'll do terrible either way so it doesnt matter if its score or performance based for me xD

There are so many other things at PAX East, this competition should be the last thing people look forward to there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
There are so many other things at PAX East, this competition should be the last thing people look forward to there.

Truth. We do all need to have some sort of a meetup at some point over the weekend though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
Sixen wrote:

Truth. We do all need to have some sort of a meetup at some point over the weekend though.

Before the Jonathan Coulton Concert? or maybe after?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before is probably going to be the best time, but I was going to wait until after a schedule was posted.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone needs a vocalist, I'll probably be there. It's right in my backyard, I'd be foolish not to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: