FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Time?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Time? Reply with quote

I am coordinating a rivalry and the deadline was strictly 11:59 pm Feb. 14. Well, that day I checked my scores at about 10 pm, then went to sleep. On the morning of Feb. 15 I had three new messages. I went to go check them, being conscious to look at the time, and they all said Feb. 15 04:XX. But i looked down and a message I knew i got yesterday said Feb 15. 02:42. I was wondering why this is happening. If someone could explain it to me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks-11yearoldkid

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the time above your posts seem right? If not, it sounds like just a time zone/daylight savings time problem. You can adjust that in your profile (I think).

[edit] Austin, Texas is 6 hours behind (or ahead of? One of those ) Greenwich, so that makes sense. It sounds like you just have to set the time zone. Example

Last edited by KrakenEater on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail PSN Name: KrakenEater
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I posted it at about 7 am this morning and it says 13:39 so I don't think it's a daylight savings problem.

Edit: I looked at the time right when i posted this and it was 6 pm and it says 17 Feb 00:00 so I think it might be some weird 6 hour difference.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11yearoldkid wrote:
I looked at the time right when i posted this and it was 6 pm and it says 17 Feb 00:00 so I think it might be some weird 6 hour difference.

I'm in the Eastern time zone, and mine says you posted it on Feb 16 at 19:00, which sounds correct. In my Profile, at the bottom, my entry for Timezone is "GMT - 5 Hours". Since you are in Texas, you should set yours to "GMT - 6 Hours" or "GMT - 7 Hours" (not sure your specific time zone, but probably "GMT - 6 Hours" if KrakenEater is correct).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
11yearoldkid wrote:
I looked at the time right when i posted this and it was 6 pm and it says 17 Feb 00:00 so I think it might be some weird 6 hour difference.

I'm in the Eastern time zone, and mine says you posted it on Feb 16 at 19:00, which sounds correct. In my Profile, at the bottom, my entry for Timezone is "GMT - 5 Hours". Since you are in Texas, you should set yours to "GMT - 6 Hours" or "GMT - 7 Hours" (not sure your specific time zone, but probably "GMT - 6 Hours" if KrakenEater is correct).
I'm going by the fact that his location in Austin (-6), and 6 hours would make sense for his problem.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked! Thank you all very much. Lol I didn't even know you could change the time zone, I thought it went by what your computer time was.

Thanks.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing to remember is that it doesn't take into account daylight saving time, so when you adjust your clocks, you have to remember to change it on here too (if you care about it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: