FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Name Change

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vineboy  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Name Change Reply with quote

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but i want my name changed. And I'm an administrator on a few other sites, so i know it's possible to change someone's name without creating a new account.

I tried to create an account with the name Darth Fizz before, but it said there was already an account with that name, and i know that was my account with no info on it from a LONG time ago. Can someone pleeaase delete that one and rename me?

Thanks!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom wrote:
There is no way to change your username, and the mods won't make an exception unfortunately. (If they make one then other people are left out and then they have to keep granting them, etc.).
People ask pretty frequently, but I've never seen a mod make an exception. Maybe today's your lucky day, though, who knows.

Also, that might not be the best quote to use since it was before footballtom was a mod (I think). Whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Moderators don't have the power to change someone's username with phpBB 2. Also, what about the score submission software? That I don't know if it's independent or dependent of the phpBB 2 software.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
Vineboy  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not talking about mods. Of course mods aren't supposed to change names.

I'm talking about Administrators, Scorehero Admins, HMX (Possibly), people who can change names, etc. Only Administrators can change the name on phpBB i think.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt HMX members have Admin CP access. Staff can confirm or deny this if they wish.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am a moderator, outranked by the administrators, SH admins, and HMX (possibly), I will defer my response to KrakenEater quoting a post from JCirri, in a thread with the same request from a little over a year ago.

And no, members of HMX are not admins, they just have special banners.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: