FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ArmeniusLOD's RB Customs (3/21: Mudvayne - Nothing to Gein)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmeniusLOD  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: ArmeniusLOD's RB Customs (3/21: Mudvayne - Nothing to Gein) Reply with quote

All charts are Expert only with no animations or OD authored.

Artist: Cradle of Filth
Title: Tearing the Veil From Grace
Album: Midian (2000, Track 10)
Tiers: 6 Guitar / - Bass / - Drums / - Vocals / - Band
Length: 08:13
Offset: 0
Charts: Guitar (Expert only)

Artist: Lamb of God
Title: Walk With Me in Hell
Album: Sacrament (2006, Track 01)
Tiers: 6 Guitar / 6 Bass / 6 Drums / 0 Vocals / 6 Band
Length: 05:12
Offset: 3500 (album version), 1825 (producer version)
Charts: Expert+, Expert
Notes: This is the final version of the chart (3/21/2010)... I promise this time.

Artist: Mudvayne
Title: Death Blooms
Album: L.D. 50 (2000, Track 05)
Tiers: 5 Guitar / 6 Bass / 6 Drums / 3 Vocals / 6 Band
Length: 05:04
Offset: 3660
Video: Expert+ (with thanks to eraserhead)
Notes: Add 7 seconds of track 06, Golden Ratio, so the audio doesn't cut out at the end. This is how long the EVENTS track is.

Artist: Mudvayne
Title: Nothing to Gein
Album: L.D. 50 (2000, Track 08)
Tiers: 3 Guitar / 1 Bass / 4 Drums / 2 Vocals / 3 Band
Length: 05:48
Offset: 3700
Notes: Add 15.5 seconds of track 09, Mutatis Mutandis, so the audio doesn't cut out at the end. This is how long the EVENTS track is.

Last edited by ArmeniusLOD on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 20 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ArmeniusLOD PSN Name: ArmeniusLOD
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played the Lamb of God (don't have the CoF song), and it's pretty solid. There's a couple parts in the solo that I think could use some tweaks, but for the most part I think it's quite good. Offset was perfect, sync looked fine, charting was consistent... Wasn't expecting a good chart from a noob (though I guess you did say you converted them from FoF, so you're probably just new to SH)!

Video: Expert guitar

You should list some details about the chart and audio in your first post. Artist, title, album, offset, audio length, difficulty (tier), difficulties charted, instruments charted, etc. It's not a big deal now because you've only got 2 unfinished charts, but when you finish these and/or start adding more some more info and organization will be appreciated.

And do try to make sure you finish these up with all instruments; it's always much nicer to have a full band in a song rather than just 1/2 instruments. You have to at least get drums done so it doesn't seem like a GH2 custom.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)

Last edited by inimitable on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
ArmeniusLOD  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, it's going to be awesome when I finish them. In between jobs right now, so I have extra time. And actually, Walk With Me In Hell was the very first chart I created, so I was a noob , although I did add some force HOPO notes.

Last edited by ArmeniusLOD on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ArmeniusLOD PSN Name: ArmeniusLOD
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video's up.

It also seems you're adding extra strums in some places, like the double bass hits at 1:20 - the guitar doesn't strum any faster, it's just the drum. That varies throughout the song, though; in earlier sections of the song the guitar is definitely strumming those extra notes.

ArmeniusLOD  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really notice that until watching your vid, so thanks for pointing that out. I think the tempo is a bit off too, during the 16th note strumming after the solo. That's why it's a WIP, though, and it's nice to get the feedback.

Last edited by ArmeniusLOD on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ArmeniusLOD  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping the thread to let you know Walk With Me In Hell has been updated with drums and bass charts. Should be close to finished now. I would really like to see one of the good drummers out there try it out to see what they think of it, because it's my first drum chart and because I want to see if someone can actually do it .

Last edited by ArmeniusLOD on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
inimitable  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your drum chart needs a lot of work. Missing notes and extra notes everywhere. Make use of the master tracks you found and I'll check out the next version.

ArmeniusLOD  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was an absolute mess when comparing to the masters, although there are not as many extra notes as one might think. I did have to completely redo a lot of section, though, and spent about the last six hours looking at the master and translating it. I'm probably going to make a standard Expert chart for drums next and then move on to fixing the bass chart.

I have a really bad headache now .

Dunnie  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, when I put in my Walk With Me in Hell audio onto Magma and then built the song and auditioned it, the song starts as soon as I play the game, but the notes aren't shown until about 3 seconds in....any tips on fixing this?

Please help...I love this song and the chart kicks ass
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunnie wrote:
Hey man, when I put in my Walk With Me in Hell audio onto Magma and then built the song and auditioned it, the song starts as soon as I play the game, but the notes aren't shown until about 3 seconds in....any tips on fixing this?

Read the first post. It says you need an offset of 3.5 seconds at the beginning of the song. Use Audacity to add 3.5 seconds of silence to the beginning of your audio.

Dunnie  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you above!!!

I read the description, I just didn't know how to actually do it. Thanks so much man.
Dunnie  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Dunnie wrote:

Read the first post. It says you need an offset of 3.5 seconds at the beginning of the song. Use Audacity to add 3.5 seconds of silence to the beginning of your audio.

How do you do that exactly?
Dunnie  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunnie wrote:
inimitable wrote:
Dunnie wrote:

How do you do that exactly?

Never mind, figured it out. Thanks
ArmeniusLOD  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert+ chart is now pretty much complete. Extra details are in the OP, as always. I will be uploading the expert chart with updated bass and guitar charts momentarily.

ArmeniusLOD  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I've been away for a month. I have gotten a couple of programming tests for prospective positions at a couple of game companies, so I've been busy with that. I also won't be doing WIP uploads anymore since it seems I've gotten as much feedback as I'm going to get. Only completed expert charts will be uploaded from now on. If there is something really wrong with the chart I'll still update it.

Authored Death Blooms by Mudvayne and added to the OP. I don't really have the heart to author songs for all difficulties and animations since it was taking so long and other things are going on in my life right now. Azuritereaction has completed helping me with WWMIH, so that will be uploaded once I finish authoring the vocals. Also, you can expect something completely different (well, maybe not entirely) for my next song which should be finished in the next week or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: