FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/9/10 DLC - Rust In Peace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, since im a ps3 owner and have to wait patiently for dlc, i finally got to play these epic tracks today. I have gold starred all songs on guitar, and 5*ed all songs on drums (except for lucretia ... which i sightread fc'd, gold starred... random).

I gotta say, the trills that weren't supposed to be there, didn't bother me at all, i enjoyed all of these tracks soo much. The drums were insanely fun to play, and they weren't nearly as hard as peace sells. And guitar i found every track to have it's own individual feel and have a different way to enjoy and challenge ones self with.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Chil  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isolated999 wrote:
quick question, does anyone else get a sort of prog. feel from Lucretia?

I don't know about a prog feel, but I noticed as I played it for the first time today that the beat lines are broken in the verses. It looks like some sort of glitch with time signatures or something, but I can't be sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dislike Megadeth but I bought Hanger 18, Holy Wars, and Take No Prisoners for the guitar difficulty (and GH2/RR nostalgia).

All had decent charts and I'd probably recommend them.
MetalManiac3021  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished playing through the album on guitar earlier tonight and it was awesome, really fun and my favorite DLC with Iron Maiden a close second. These songs will get constant rotation, I'm couldn't be happier about this album being released.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

urikobb3 wrote:
Most of the vocal tracks are really good, the only problem I have is that on a lot of songs there should be a tap solo or something, just to give the Vocalist something to do. There isn't even one on Hangar 18... I think the only song I remember seeing one in was Lucretia, which was a slow, easy one.

Yeah, or maybe abridge the track for solo vox like they did in RB1. That really frustrated me on this song.

urikobb3 wrote:
The hardest part for a lot of people will be singing Poison Was The Cure without muttering the lyrics. They go past so fast it's hard to keep track.

That's OK. Listen to Dave Mustaine sing "Train of Consequences" on Rude Awakening. He goes completely mush-mouth on that one!
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished looking through the guitar charts for the album, and honestly, I was disappointed. Most of the songs were full of bent sustains charted as trills, like in the Tornado of Souls solo which I expected to be much better charted, very strange note patterns and -timings in solos, and overall just misplaced notes, in some cases not being accurate tone-wise and in some cases even overcharted. Also, I was emotionally hurt to see parts of the lead guitar in Poison Was the Cure's verses cut out and be replaced with the rhythm guitar, which was completely unneeded.

When it comes to the actual song quality, the whole album is a masterpiece and will be one of my favorite metal albums to listen to - ever. I guess it's a matter of personal taste if you prefer the original or remastered vocals, but personally I like the remastered better, though the original aren't too bad either.

Sadly, this is the second major DLC release on guitar after the Iron Maiden pack that I've had really high hopes for before I got crushed when I actually saw it. There are a lot of custom charts of the songs that I would prefer any day over the official charts. I think the album might be fun to sing and play drums on, though.

A few of the better charts, in my opinion:

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Take No Prisoners
Rust in Peace... Polaris
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
SonicSpeed  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Hangar 18 yesterday (along with the Super Bowl Smashup, and Warriors of Time) and it was super fun on drums.

Although I need to step up to Expert full time since I went 98%, 97 and 97 on sightreads.
soccer1296SH  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know where i can find bass paths for this??

Accomplishment Thread here!
My Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
My Guitar Hero Accomplishment Thread
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Soccer1296 Wii Friend Code: 441025580100
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played through the album on Guitar three or four times now, and every time I find myself most excited to get to "Poison was the Cure." Each time I get to it I keep thinking "there's no way this chart's gonna be as awesome as it was the last time I played it," but it keeps proving me wrong. It's not my favorite song off the album, nor is it the most well-known, but for my money, there isn't a more fun song on that whole album. Those HO/PO fills are fucking sick to play.

Some folks might be content just grabbing one or two songs off the album. I highly recommend "Poison was the Cure" for Guitar as one of those two or three songs you decide to buy. It's the most fun I've had since "Love Spreads."
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chil wrote:
isolated999 wrote:
quick question, does anyone else get a sort of prog. feel from Lucretia?

I don't know about a prog feel, but I noticed as I played it for the first time today that the beat lines are broken in the verses. It looks like some sort of glitch with time signatures or something, but I can't be sure.

The time signature does change briefly in the last measure of each repetition of the verses, as I recall, it definitely feels like it does anyway.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
BigSwollMollDoll  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought this album last night and was waaaayyy too tired but played anyway. It was still a blast to play. Hangar 18 is the big winner IMO just because I love that song. I played on expert guitar.
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I wish I had more MS poits, I only had enough to get Take No Prisoners. Fucking awesome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are any Hard guitar players on the fence about this album, I highly recommend it. The charts feel more like Hard charts to me than Peace Sells (the album, not the RB2 track).

Here are FC videos for the 7 songs I was able to FC on Hard guitar:

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due Hard Guitar FC Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZDV7omsDvw

Hangar 18 Hard Guitar FC Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIdsAKcpXg

Take No Prisoners Hard Guitar FC Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQrobhdlsXE

Five Magics Hard Guitar FC Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6E8RhddwHs

Poison Was the Cure Hard Guitar FC Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO3Mh9GefWs

Lucretia Hard Guitar FC Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9v_kJ6Z1AY

Tornado of Souls Hard Guitar FC Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJO09eMmJHE

Also, I found the drums to be a lot of fun on Hard as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: