FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/9/10 DLC - Rust In Peace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chil wrote:
These videos that have come out have significantly bated my appetite for playing this album. I agree with Yusuke and a few others who have noticed the Iron Maiden style of trill-bends and other such hyper-sensitive authoring. It's simply not fun and I'm not looking forward to this nearly as much as I was.

As a person who knows a lot of these songs very well, it's disappointing. Multiple instances of reverse pitch movement and a general lack of coherency made me question what was going on when this was being put together. But I guess I'll suck it up and play bass like I usually do, which doesn't seem to be so bad.

They did chart some things differently than they should have, like the intro to Holy Wars would be triplets, not hammer on's. I guess it's not too bad, but it doesn't fit with what is being played. I'm not gonna knock things too much though since its all so fun to play. I certainly didn't get much of a Iron Maiden vibe from playing the charts, but then again, I'm not so critical and don't pay attention to that stuff much lol
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were fun as hell on X-guitar. I don't care about a few "inaccurate" parts, they were all a helluva lot more fun. It certainly was a lot more forgiving than Peace Sells, but that is because the style that Megadeth did this album in was a little less thrashy. I 4 starred most of them, but that is because I wasn't sure how hard the solos would be, so I saved OD for them. I finished most songs with an OD bar that was full and could have been refilled once or twice more.

The only solo I think I will need OD on is Tornado of Souls. I just couldn't hit those notes accurately at all.

Overall this is probably my favorite week of X-guitar charts yet. Thank you HMX.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chil wrote:
These videos that have come out have significantly bated my appetite for playing this album. I agree with Yusuke and a few others who have noticed the Iron Maiden style of trill-bends and other such hyper-sensitive authoring. It's simply not fun and I'm not looking forward to this nearly as much as I was.

As a person who knows a lot of these songs very well, it's disappointing. Multiple instances of reverse pitch movement and a general lack of coherency made me question what was going on when this was being put together. But I guess I'll suck it up and play bass like I usually do, which doesn't seem to be so bad.

I do have to say tho, Take No Prisoners and Rust In Peace (outside the last solo) do this the least, and are the most fun IMO.

Kratos  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO they just should have made holy wars full devils ;D
Overwin  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
The drum solo intro for Rust in Peace isn't a solo section, which irked me a little. Still awesome to play.

Also weird seeing a No Part on guitar. Especially when it's a Megadeth song.

My thoughts exactly.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Chil wrote:

They did chart some things differently than they should have, like the intro to Holy Wars would be triplets, not hammer on's. I guess it's not too bad, but it doesn't fit with what is being played. I'm not gonna knock things too much though since its all so fun to play. I certainly didn't get much of a Iron Maiden vibe from playing the charts, but then again, I'm not so critical and don't pay attention to that stuff much lol

You mean gallops, not triplets.
/pet peeve

But really, the intro seems to be charted just fine as it is.
anonymous_13  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
MetalManiac3021  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably my favorite DLC, Iron Maiden was until the second I saw that this album was coming out. It's going to be as excruciating a wait as it was for Iron Maiden, probably even more so. I just finished watching the guitar charts and they look incredibly fun, it's so awesome that one of my favorite bands' albums is in the game, I couldn't be happier.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intro riff to Holy Wars should definitely have been charted as hopos rather than Gallops. Go watch any live video or instructional lesson and the fretting is pretty much identical to how its played on a real guitar.

Also no My Creation due to the fact that it's only available on the remasters and these use the originals.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:

I also am NOT a fan of some of the whammied or vibrato'd notes being charted as trills.

THIS

Mystakin  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
I disagree. The album, ESPECIALLY H18, was hyper-accurately charted, similar very much to the Maiden pack.

The songs are difficult overall, HMX, no need to add difficulty when unnecessary.

There's a handful of places where I agree that the charting was hyper-accurate for no reason, but I think they are generally few and far between and ONLY inside of solo sections. It's annoying when it happens, but it didn't happen enough for me to not want to play the songs again (RTTH much?) and I'm generally happy with how they turned out.

I will echo the whammy/vibrato charting getting on my nerves, though.

Oh and the drum charts are awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god, YES
YES YES YES
THERE IS A GOD
AND HIS NAME IS DAVE MUSTAINE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sounnga PSN Name: Sounnga Wii Friend Code: 071658181750
Kratos  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many people would have to buy a new pair of pants if Dave Mustaine himself came on SH and said something
sidney17  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the view that this album was poorly charted on guitar. Hangar 18 just feels wrong to play, at times, IMO.

Drums, however, were absolutely excellent. Just what I expected. Well done, once more, HMX.

chocotricks  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic epic epic, just got it and it is epic
Get all current rb/gh titles [] (unplugged)
GHOT FGFC [] (IDWS,RTN)
GHOTD FGFC [X]
GHMH FGFC [] (SW)
GHOT FSFC []
BHDS FGFC [] (YBP)
RBU FGFC []
LRBDS FGFC [X]
RBM FGFC [X]
1000 fc's [X]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: