FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/9/10 DLC - Rust In Peace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucasadverse  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! FINALLY A GOOD WEEK(I mean perfect) *-*
I was waiting for that god damn
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ran through the entire album on Vocals. 5* on Lucretia, Five Magics and Poison Was The Cure, GS on the rest, and FC'd Hangar 18, Tornado of Souls, Dawn Patrol and Take No Prisoners.

Most of the vocal tracks are really good, the only problem I have is that on a lot of songs there should be a tap solo or something, just to give the Vocalist something to do. There isn't even one on Hangar 18... I think the only song I remember seeing one in was Lucretia, which was a slow, easy one.

Oh, and Dawn Patrol is hilarious on Vocals. The weird noises at the end are charted as <squeak> <squeak> <squeak>

I had the most trouble singing Five Magics, but only because of the 'I master...Five Magics' part. As a whole, an easy album on Vocals, especially if you know the songs well. The hardest part for a lot of people will be singing Poison Was The Cure without muttering the lyrics. They go past so fast it's hard to keep track.

Edit: Not sure on the Guitar charts yet...my hands were killing me after Hangar 18, so I didn't enjoy it much. It could just be the discomfort that's ruining it though, so I'll try and reserve judgement until I feel upto the charts.

Edit2: FC'd Holy Wars and Five Magics Vox.

Last edited by urikobb3 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
beanzrpg122  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bioshock 2 and Holy Wars, fantastic day for a snow day.

*bows to mother nature*
JaKE740  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's my dilemma. I'll admit, I haven't heard any of these songs aside from Hangar 18 (maybe Tornado of Souls, it sounds familiar), and I only have enough points at the moment to get one song. Should I just buy Hangar 18 or should I wait to get the entire album?
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play guitar, you are truly doing yourself a disservice by not buying the entire album. But let Wulfe's sightreads show you the light.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you wulfe and your superfast internet!!!

I'm youtubing the guitar charts too. If you're interested in how I went, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/BigJAG2004
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
JaKE740  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
If you play guitar, you are truly doing yourself a disservice by not buying the entire album. But let Wulfe's sightreads show you the light.

Yeah, guitar is my main instrument, haha. That's all I needed to hear, I'll be getting the whole thing.
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend to not just buy "Hangar 18" just because you just listened to it. You'd be missing on a lot of great stuff. Anyway...

...been checking the charts to feed my curiosity. Those are some really amazing charts. At least the ones I could see before going to work. I belive that people who had been antecipating a charting failure since Friday will have to hush now.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score tracking should now be available.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
I'd recommend to not just buy "Hangar 18" just because you just listened to it. You'd be missing on a lot of great stuff. Anyway...

...been checking the charts to feed my curiosity. Those are some really amazing charts. At least the ones I could see before going to work. I belive that people who had been antecipating a charting failure since Friday will have to hush now.

I disagree. The album, ESPECIALLY H18, was hyper-accurately charted, similar very much to the Maiden pack.

The songs are difficult overall, HMX, no need to add difficulty when unnecessary.

duck  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh hey, i forgot all about this coming out, and i forgot it was even tuesday hopefully i remember when i get out of class.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
tidus wrote:

I disagree. The album, ESPECIALLY H18, was hyper-accurately charted, similar very much to the Maiden pack.

The songs are difficult overall, HMX, no need to add difficulty when unnecessary.

They haven't added difficulty needlessly, the solos were always going to turn out that way. Mustaine is one of the sloppiest guitar players when it comes to lead (but fits the style non-the-less) while Friedmans action is weird in the extreme. Many solos were easier than I was expecting them to be (Holy Wars is a big example). Personally I enjoyed every solo I came across.

On another note can anyone tell me why the leaderboards aren't updating my second run through scores, I've signed out and turned off my xbox but they are only displaying my sightreads

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megadeth fanboyness aside, this is easily the best DLC in months...many months. While it is all hard, it's not all Peace Sells hard. The solo's are tough, but the main parts are more lenient.

Only played on guitar, but I managed to sightread them all which astonished me, though I did bomb alot of solos. I'm way out of practice with RB and my GH5 guitar doesn't seem to like RB alot since I was missing easy notes.

Though every song should be bought, you won't be disappointed, my top 4 are...

Five Magics
Holy Wars
Rust in Peace...Polaris
Poison was the Cure
Chil  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These videos that have come out have significantly bated my appetite for playing this album. I agree with Yusuke and a few others who have noticed the Iron Maiden style of trill-bends and other such hyper-sensitive authoring. It's simply not fun and I'm not looking forward to this nearly as much as I was.

As a person who knows a lot of these songs very well, it's disappointing. Multiple instances of reverse pitch movement and a general lack of coherency made me question what was going on when this was being put together. But I guess I'll suck it up and play bass like I usually do, which doesn't seem to be so bad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything chart wise was pretty much flawless EXCEPT

2 little parts of Tornado of Souls (I have scoured that song on real guitar so many times I would know)

Firstly, and I suppose they MAY be going with accuracy in terms of which fingers you would be playing the notes with on real guitar, but the

YYY GG RR GG RR YY, the part during the verses, SHOULD be something like

BBB RR YY GG RR YY.

And one last part, in the solo when the crazy part starts, the first one is GRY, GRB. The second one goes from GRB to GRO, and then the next one does the exact same pattern again, when the notes clearly change. It should be something like GYB to GYO.

I also am NOT a fan of some of the whammied or vibrato'd notes being charted as trills.

Other than those couple things that don't make the song any less fun, this is the greatest pack ever released on rock band for me, hands down.

Last edited by Kratos on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: