FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rocksmith.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Rocksmith. Reply with quote

Okay guys, after opening the Tighten Up DLC and extracting the PSARC files, I've encountered the charts in SNG format. According to the interwebz, this is actually a form of MIDI. Unfortunately for me, I can't find good software to convert it with. Can anyone help out, or does anyone have the DLC that can do this?

Also: Audio appears to be .ogg (lolextension) but Audacity wouldn't open it for me. Go figure. Looks like this could be almost laughably easy customs if someone figured it out.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could give the .sng file a look if somebody could provide it.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I could give the .sng file a look if somebody could provide it.

Coming up.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely doesn't look like a MIDI file, it might be easier for some of the more experienced file hackers to make sense of.
crezwell  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see this being looked into, i wondered if it would/could be brought up here.
Unfortunately being in England we wont see this until 2012 so i can't really contribute, but watching numerous online videos the "game" looks real good and the possibilities for customs has me excited due to the real guitar audio rather than stems.
Hope you make a breakthrough.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at this weeks ago.. but only because I pre-ordered the game and received a voucher for the bonus songs.

Basically, the songs and tones are in their own .psarc file. Which, from what I read, is a format Sony uses for compression. You can extract those files using "PSARC PS3 Extractor" found here.

I never bothered to extract the tone but I did extract the song of "Free Bird".

It's basically set up like this.
Code:
FreeBird.psarc
-FreeBird
 -AggregateGraph.nt
 -PACKAGE_ID (file)
-FreeBirdAudio
 -XBox360
  -139175547.ogg
  -Song_FreeBird.bnk
-FreeBirdExports
 -Songs
  -FreeBird.xblock
-FreeBirdGR
 -Behaviors
  -Songs
   -FreeBird_Combo.xml
   -FreeBird_Rhythm.xml
   -FreeBird_Vocals.xml
-FreeBirdGRAssets
 -AlbumArt
  -lynyrdskynyrd_freebird.dds
-FreeBirdGRExports
 -Xbox360
  -FreeBird_Combo.sng
  -FreeBird_Rhythm.sng
  -FreeBird_Vocals.sng
-FreeBirdManifests
 -songs.manifest.json

What I know so far...

lynyrdskynyrd_freebird.dds
The album art. It opens up perfectly in GIMP with the .dds plugin.

139175547.ogg
This is, obviously, the audio file for Free Bird. I never got it to open in any of my audio programs, including Audacity, but I did some research on audio formats. By looking at the file in Hex Workshop I see that it has 2 channels with the sample rate of 48000Hz. Also, I found out that it is a kind of WAVE file. It's called RIFX, which is a variant of RIFF.
Most of the information I used to find this out was from here.

FreeBird_xxx.xml Vs. FreeBird_xxx.sng
Here's what I think the chart files are. I think the actual program the developers use creates the .xml file. Then when they are done they convert it to .sng which might be what the game recognizes, given the similarities I saw with the two vocals charts. But I'm really going on assumption here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of this information is old to me because I did this the day after Rocksmith launched. If you guys are really interested in the possibility of Rocksmith customs and are willing to help, I'll be glad to dip my feet in this some more.

Also, I usually post my findings immediately on my twitter account. Feel free to follow me. If some of you guys are on their too then we could start using a hashtag for Rocksmith related findings (like #RSHacks, #RSCustoms).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I've ever heard of a compressed WAV variant. It certainly couldn't be uncompressed, because the DLC for freebird was along the lines of 8MB. It definitely may be worth checking to see if the XML and SNG files have similarities, at the very least it will be easier to interpret a text based XML file than some unknown format binary file. I'll have to look at the XML file and see what I can find out. I do remember seeing what may have been markers for the start/end of riffs in an SNG file though.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I don't know if I've ever heard of a compressed WAV variant. It certainly couldn't be uncompressed, because the DLC for freebird was along the lines of 8MB. It definitely may be worth checking to see if the XML and SNG files have similarities, at the very least it will be easier to interpret a text based XML file than some unknown format binary file. I'll have to look at the XML file and see what I can find out. I do remember seeing what may have been markers for the start/end of riffs in an SNG file though.

I presume you'll need an XML?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Freebird DLC the other day, I might try to extract it so that I have the whole package to look at.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to let you guys know that I got my Free Bird audio file from Rocksmith converted properly to play in Audacity. The information was already out there on another forum. I was going to post the info here until I realized that it's no different than decypting a mogg file from Rock Band. Which I think is against the rules here, right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
I just want to let you guys know that I got my Free Bird audio file from Rocksmith converted properly to play in Audacity. The information was already out there on another forum. I was going to post the info here until I realized that it's no different than decypting a mogg file from Rock Band. Which I think is against the rules here, right?

Iffy. I'd PM interested people a link to look at it, but keep it off the public forums until we get clearance.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:

It was decided that we could not further discuss decrypting the new MOGG format for Rock Band songs. You would have to check with a mod to make sure that a similar discussion for Rocksmith would be allowed since there is some precedent here.

EDIT: A CHALLENGER APPEARS! (Dammit CBG. >_>)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm checking with the other staff.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned, general discussion about that fact that it can be done is fine but if you post step by step directions or links to instruction pages or tools, that will be deleted, which is basically how it is now.
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, general discussion about that fact that it can be done is fine but if you post step by step directions or links to instruction pages or tools, that will be deleted, which is basically how it is now.

Well customs creation info is fine, but talking about decrypting an encrypted song audio format is against the rules. But we should be able to have them encrypted for the game to read and that shouldn't be against the rules right?

...Not that I even really care about customs for this, as I have no midi guitar or anything of the likes.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: