FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
*RB2* The Official Audition Mode Customs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orgraath  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART BASS): Difficulty easy needs gems in lane(s) 4 5 to match expert
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART BASS): Difficulty medium needs gems in lane(s) 5 to match expert
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART GUITAR): Difficulty easy needs gems in lane(s) 2 4 5 to match expert
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART GUITAR): Difficulty medium needs gems in lane(s) 2 3 5 to match expert
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART GUITAR): Difficulty hard needs gems in lane(s) 2 3 4 to match expert

Definitely having this exact same problem and I'm horribly confused as to how to fix it so that every difficulty is actually correct. Harmonix released anything about it yet?
aliengunner52  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a little trouble with Magma, I've done custom songs with magma and audition mode before, but with this song, all I get is this error:

Quote:
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Cannot parse MIDI file; one or more MIDI tracks may be corrupt (usually due to missing or extraneous track name events)

Normally I do research before I post and I did, but couldn't find anything about it, and I couldn't figure it out on my own. Any ideas?

Quote:

Quote:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART BASS): Difficulty easy needs gems in lane(s) 4 5 to match expert
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART BASS): Difficulty medium needs gems in lane(s) 5 to match expert
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART GUITAR): Difficulty easy needs gems in lane(s) 2 4 5 to match expert
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART GUITAR): Difficulty medium needs gems in lane(s) 2 3 5 to match expert
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/alan/documents/satanic dance.mid (PART GUITAR): Difficulty hard needs gems in lane(s) 2 3 4 to match expert

Definitely having this exact same problem and I'm horribly confused as to how to fix it so that every difficulty is actually correct. Harmonix released anything about it yet?

A new requirement is that all difficulties need every color that is in Expert. So if you have all 5 colors in Expert, you need all 5 colors in hard, medium and easy too.

EDIT: I fixed my other problem but now im having this error with harmonies:

Quote:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Song info has 3 vocal_parts, but has 0 vocal MIDI tracks.
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if I was to make a chart in feedback, and make a RBA out of it, without sound... would it work, or could I make it work without much trouble?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
What if I was to make a chart in feedback, and make a RBA out of it, without sound... would it work, or could I make it work without much trouble?

Why would you want to make an RBA without sound?
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
Pas26 wrote:

Why would you want to make an RBA without sound?

Let's say I want to practice some part of a song, but in the official chart, it's over 30 seconds into the section. By making a quick chart in feedback, I can put that same pattern 20-30 times in a row and learn something MUCH more easily. I could, for example, isolate the CM transition into triplets on the RB3 engine. Making sound for these customs is tricky and not really useful anyway since I shouldn't be playing it for long before jumping on the real chart.

So, does the lack of an audio file, or a random audio file makes the conversion fuzzy?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to add a silent track for everything applicable.

The only thing a silent track can mess up is vox, since Magma uses it for lipsync.
Matt7x  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have the install for the RB2 Magma? I have it installed on a old computer but I can't connect that to the network anymore

Aiming for all Rock Band DLC: 809 out of 1391 (582 left)
MarkAllen1988  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt7x wrote:
Does anyone have the install for the RB2 Magma? I have it installed on a old computer but I can't connect that to the network anymore

http://creators.rockband.com/magma/setup.exe

There ya go

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: markallen2216
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to enable audition mode on a jtag without the actual xna enable profile? If there is, please do point me to it. I haven't been on this scene in like a year. If not, I'd be glad to help find a way. That'd make mine, and a lot of other people's lives easier.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:
Oh my god I've never seen a bunch of bitching children like this before.

OMG I got perma-rockered! /world

So fucking what. Play your plastic guitar and get over it.
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepoop555 wrote:
Is there a way to enable audition mode on a jtag without the actual xna enable profile? If there is, please do point me to it. I haven't been on this scene in like a year. If not, I'd be glad to help find a way. That'd make mine, and a lot of other people's lives easier.

I would say not.

But you are in luck as you can sign up to dreambuildplay.com and get a 1 year XNA trial and you can just audition on your retail.
Sign up multiple times and you can have up to 3 years on your account at once. And after that you can just save up some codes.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to update EOF so that it writes MIDI files that meet Magma's requirements for the EVENTS and BEAT tracks, but I'm encountering a strange problem with building the MIDI in Magma. I made sure the MIDI has a correct EVENTS track with the correct "[music_start]", "[music_end]" and "[end]" text events, but Magma claims the track wasn't found. The track does exist, except it's track 1 instead of something typical for Rock Band MIDIs (ie. track 6). Would the order of tracks be enough to cuase Magma to fail in this way?
CyclopsDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's not REALLY an error, but I'm having some trouble with importing lyrics into my vocal chart. From the Vocal Authoring Docs:
Quote:
You should load your lyrics into a plain text (.txt) file, format your text separating each syllable or plus sign with a space, select the notes for your transcriptions of the vocal part, and then import that text file into your Reaper session using the "import lyrics for selected notes from file" action (Shift+L). This action will create lyric events for each selected note, and import the lyrics from your text file.

My problem is that the "import lyrics for selected notes from file" action doesn't appear to exist. I've got all of the notes selected, but when I hit Shift+L, nothing happened. I checked the action list, and it says that Shift+L is "Options: Show lock settings". I've got the RBN and the RBN2 plugins installed. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it, or am I going to be stuck doing the lyrics for each individual note separately?

pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@CyclopsDragon
By default the shortcut keys are not assigned to import lyrics, at least for me.

To manually import lyrics from a .txt file, in the window for PART VOCALS, go to "Actions>Show Action List" on the toolbar. Then search for "import". It should be the only result. From there you can assign a shortcut key combo for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
CyclopsDragon  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
@CyclopsDragon
By default the shortcut keys are not assigned to import lyrics, at least for me.

To manually import lyrics from a .txt file, in the window for PART VOCALS, go to "Actions>Show Action List" on the toolbar. Then search for "import". It should be the only result. From there you can assign a shortcut key combo for it.

Alright, thanks a bunch. Now I can actually do this rather easily.

stranger24  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh.. When I try to delete the sections in the midi editor on EVENTS in Reaper, I press the Delete key and the whole program disappears. When I try deleting them one at a time it starts replacing the [end] event with the name of the section I just deleted. I'm not sure what's happening :s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: