FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
*RB2* The Official Audition Mode Customs Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: *RB2* The Official Audition Mode Customs Thread Reply with quote

IF YOU HAVE A JTAG, FOLLOWING THIS TUTORIAL SHOULD MAKE YOUR CHARTS WORK NEAR FLAWLESSLY.
BEFORE I EVEN BEGIN, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE SOME FORM OF XNA MEMBERSHIP TO ACCESS AUDITION MODE, THE ONLY CURRENT WAY TO GET A MEMBERSHIP IS TO EITHER BUY ONE OR SIGN UP HERE USING A VALID COLLEGE EMAIL ADDRESS. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS XNA MEMBERSHIPS IN THIS THREAD. THE OP WILL BE UPDATED IF ANY OTHER METHODS BECOME AVAILABLE.
EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO RBA DISTRIBUTION DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD OR ANYWHERE ON SCOREHERO FOR THAT MATTER, THE ONLY EXCEPTION BEING THAT IF AND ONLY IF THE PERSON DISTRIBUTING THE RBA HAS COMPLETE RIGHTS OVER THE CHART/AUDIO CONTAINED WITHIN. THE STAFF HERE ARE VERY STRICT ON THIS RULE AND WILL CRACK DOWN HARD IF YOU POST ANYTHING RELATING TO HOW TO GET/FIND/DOWNLOAD .RBA AND .RBS FILES.

Now that that's out of the way...

Section I. Introduction
I've noticed lately that RBN customs are starting to become more widespread. Since converting a feedback chart into the proper MAGMA format can be a tedious task, many people have been posting their errors in threads across this forum. In order to stop the clutter, I've contacted ImaCarrot to get permission to create this thread, which I'm hoping will benefit everyone in the long run.
At the moment, this thread will be quite bare-bones until everything comes into place and issues are posted.

Section II. Getting Started
So you've got your fancy XNA membership do ya? Want to play some customs in Audition Mode do ya? Well here's what you are gonna need;

-A Song Chart: (If you plan on building a song through Reaper like you are supposed to, this isn't really the place you should be looking. Please go over to the creators.rockband.com page and read up, it tells you everything you need to know about authoring a error-free chart in Reaper.) If you want customs of course, feel free to browse around The RB-Side Customs Index Thread. If you just want to shred some guitar charts however, you can always browse Scorehero's Custom Song Index

-Feedback: Entirely optional, Used only for syncing in this tutorial. If you wish to chart something, the link will have all you need.

-Audacity: Assuming the chart you are converting isn't yours, most likely you will have to tweak the audio for syncing purposes.

-Leff's Chart2Mid Converter: I'm gonna say that most of the time, the song you want is going to be in Feedback's .chart format, which in its current for is not usable in Reaper, so you will need to convert it to a .mid file. IF YOUR SONG IS A MID FILE ALREADY, THIS TOOL IS NOT NEEDED. (Though most likely you will run into a .chart eventually)

-Reaper: This program is where you will do all the fixings needed to make the chart work.

-Magma: Once everything is all set to go, this little program will either spit out a fancy RBA file to play in Audition Mode, or spit out 1 or more errors because of an error with your midi. However, the main purpose of this thread is to prevent the latter.

Section III. The Prepping/Conversion/Prepping Process
I searched around for a suitable chart for the tutorial when I remembered; "Hey, I chart stuff too!". So excuse the shameless self-promotion of my own chart here. Lets get started..

Part A. The Initial Prepping (Syncing)
Now, you can go about this 2 ways d: Feedback or Reaper.
The easier choice is Feedback, granted you only tweak the audio and not the chart. I cannot find the original syncing tutorial, so I guess I must create my own.

(Since my audio is of course already synced, I opened up Audacity and added about half a second of silence in the beginning.)

-Get your chart and audio and put them in your Feedback's "Songs" Folder and open up Feedback. Open your chart and load the audio by pressing the Esc key, going to "Chart Settings", and locating your audio file under the "Audio:" option. (if you got a "Could not find 'xxxxx.mp3'" error.)

-Now press Esc twice to get out of the menu and use the arrow keys to navigate to the first guitar note in the song. Your screen should be somewhat similar to this:

See the circled area? Remember this number. (Yours will be different, so don't remember the time in my picture.)

FROM HERE ON, DO NOT SAVE IN FEEDBACK AS IT COULD POTENTIALLY OVERWRITE YOUR CHART. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
-To ease the process, press Esc and choose "New Chart", selecting your audio. Now keep pressing the Right Arrow until you see "Step: 1/64" in the top corner, then Press "/" 3 times to slow the audio.

-Next, just press Space and let it play until the you hear the first guitar note. Press Space again and use the arrow keys to go back to where you think the note happened and place a note, any color there. Back it up a bit and press Space again, does the click and audio match up? If not, keep trying until it does. If you must, press "End" to go back to the beginning and change the BPM by +/- 1 and try, it might help.
DO NOT BE LAZY WITH THIS STEP, IT IS IMPORTANT YOU MAKE SURE IT IS PERFECT, OTHERWISE THE ENTIRE CHART WILL BE OFF SYNC AND WILL BE NO FUN TO PLAY.

-Once you get the note on the first guitar note, navigate on it and remember that number too. Now we get to do some math!

Either use your PC's calculator or get physical calculator and plug in your numbers as "x - y", x being the offset from the real chart and y being the offset of the single note you placed. In my case, I used .428 - 1.008, which gave me -.58.
If number is Positive: Your song needs silence.
If Negative: You need to shorten the audio.

-To fix this, we will turn to Audacity.

-Open up Audacity and drag your audio onto the program. Once its imported, hold the Ctrl Key and scroll your mouse wheel UP until you FIRST see the format "0.000" in the timeline, like below:

Now depending on your number, you will follow its respective tutorial.

Positive: Adding Silence
- Thanks to math, the hard part is out of the way.
If you aren't for some reason at the beginning of the song, press "Home" to fix that. Maybe even do it anyway, as it won't hurt anything.
At the top of the window, go to "Generate>Silence..." In the popup, click the arrow next to the number box and choose "hh:mm:ss + Milliseconds".
It should match below:

-Now, just type your number into the right side, with the decimal in the correct place. Then just press OK and your audio is ready to go.

-Just export the audio now. To save time, export it as an OGG and again as a WAV. Now time to test everything!

Negative: Removing Audio
- All you need to do is just scroll to your number on the timeline and drag to the left to select everything before it. Now just hit the "Delete" key and you are ready to go!

-Just export the audio now. To save time, export it as an OGG and again as a WAV. Now time to test everything!

Testing your new audio file.
There isn't much I can help you with from this end, so to start, copy your new audio file into your "Songs" folder for Feedback. Now just open up your chart in feedback and hit Esc to bring up the main menu, now navigate to Chart Settings and finally down to Audio: and point it to your new audio.

Press "/" 3 times to slow it all down and then "n" to enable clapping. Now just press "Space" to play the song. The clap should be Perfectly in-sync with the audio. (If not, you must start over. This time pay extra attention to your black chart that you place your note in.)

Now you can move on to Part B!

Part B. The Conversion/Import into Reaper

Now that your audio is all good and dandy, now its the charts turn to be fixed up.
First and foremost, if your chart is already in .mid format, skip the following step, as you don't need to convert anything.

Converting your .chart to .mid

Open up Chart2Mid.exe and browse to your chart. Check the Rock Band option, click Convert and you're all set!

Now its time to get to the real bulk of this tutorial. It is also the part where all I can do is tell you what to do, and hope that your chart doesn't have underlying problems that would require you to post them here. I predict that if you started with a .chart, you should be fine. However if you have a FOF .mid, there may be some problems as I've never tried to convert one.

Open up REAPER and go to File>Project Templates>RBNTemplate to prepare REAPER for your chart. Now delete the Guitar, Drums, Bass, Vox, and EVENTS default tracks, as you won't need them.

HIT THE HOME KEY FIRST!!!! Now go to Insert>Media File and navigate to your mid and open it. Just press OK on the popup and your mid will now be in REAPER. Drag the highlighted track you see to the top (which is drums) to ensure that there is nothing hidden under the default tracks. go ahead and drag VENUE and BEAT over to the right to make sure.

Now click off the tracks to deselect them, and then rearrange them to where they need to be.

This is where it gets tough to explain, as every chart is different. I HIGHLY suggest opening the creators.rockband.com page and browsing through it, as it contains everything you need.

As my chart only contains an Expert-Only Guitar Chart, I will only show how to make that perfect. What I say can be used for Bass and Drums to an extent. If your chart doesn't have vocals and you want them, you will have to go to the creators.rockband.com page and follow what they say. If your mid already has vox, it should be ready to go automatically usually.

First of all, you need to delete all the sections. They are found under the EVENTS track.

Just double click it to bring up the midi editor and click the first event. Hold SHIFT and click the last event, it should select them all. (THE EVENT NAMED "EVENTS" SHOULD NOT BE SELECTED.)

Hit the DELETE key and you're done!

MAGMA requires "music_start" and "music_end" events to be placed in the EVENTS track, so lets do that now;

Double click anywhere in the events box to generate a new event. Match the image.

Now double click your "[end]" event to edit it, copy its postion and close the popup. Create a new event and give it your end event's position, but with 0.0.50 less. So my chart's 97.1.99 becomes 97.1.49. Name this event "[music_end]" (without quotes).

All set? Good.

Now double click your Guitar track to edit it...

Resize the MIDI editor to a larger size and check to see if there are 5-Note-Chords on each uncharted difficulty. If they exist, delete them by holding RIGHT CLICK and selecting every note. Now press DELETE.

You can go about the next step in 2 ways;

1 is to remove overdrive/solo sections altogether, which is much faster but your song will lack OD.
2 is to copy and paste the notes for each uncharted difficulty and delete all blue/orange notes to fit the difficulty. Much more work but you get to keep OD and solo sections.
3 is to leave it alone, as your chart came with all difficulties.

Quote:
1: Lazy Delete
Press and hold RIGHT CLICK to select the uppermost line of notes. (Labeled as "Solo Marker" if it came from Chart2Mid)
Press delete and be done!

Quote:
2: Correct Way
First of all, Chart2Mid places the OD in the wrong line, so we need to fix that.

Press and hold RIGHT CLICK to select the uppermost line of notes. (Labeled as "Solo Marker")
Use the arrow keys to move the OD phrases up to the OVERDRIVE line. (Their outline should turn gold)

Now is the hard(ish) part, so read carefully.

Select all 5 lines of notes on the lowest charted difficulty (Expert for most) and press Ctrl+C to copy them. Hit the HOME key and then CTRL+V to paste. Use the arrow keys to send the new notes down to the next difficulty.

Most likely your new track doesn't line up horizontally with your Expert Track, so nudge it over with the Left and Right keys, giving it your best estimate or by zooming in to get it exact. (Tip: Look for notes that hug one of the gridlines in the original difficulty and nudge your new notes to hug the same line.)

Repeat these steps for each difficulty. DON'T FORGET TO PRESS HOME BEFORE YOU PASTE! We'll delete the correct notes next.

Once all your difficulties are placed, use RIGHT CLICK to select the unsupported lines of notes for each difficulty. (In case you didn't know, heres a list.)

Expert: GRYBO
Hard: GRYBO
Medium: GRYB (Delete Orange)
Easy: GRY (Delete Blue and Orange)

Hopefully there isn't an OD section set to a string of Orange or Blue notes, as it will give an error in MAGMA. If there is, just zoom in and place one or two G/R/ or Y notes in the space.

If your chart was an Expert-Only .chart, you should be set now. If you have other instruments just loosely follow the above steps. Use your common sense and ask for help in this thread if you need it.

Part C. The Moment of Truth/Building your RBA

Here is where all your hard work will either pay off, or you wil be sent back to the drawing board. I again must point you to the creators.rockband.com page, as it is much more in-depth on what you need.

Section IV. Common Issues and Fixes Index
Quote:
Code:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/XXXXX.mid: Track PART DRUM not allowed
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/XXXXX.mid: Track PART DRUMS required but not found

The is a common error due to how the chart2mid converter works, it creates a blank PART DRUM track in the new midi, however, magma requires it be labeled PART DRUMS. Just simply rename the track.

Quote:
Code:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/XXXXX.mid: Track BEAT required but not found

If the PART DRUM error doesn't stop a first timer, this one most likely will. There are 2 ways of fixing the error; the cheap way and the correct way.

CHEAP WAY: Simply save your current file and go to File>Project Templates>RBNTemplate to create a blank chart. From there, right click the BEAT track (well, the name to the left) and select "Copy Selected Tracks To Clipboard". From there, re-open your project and go to Edit>Paste. If all is well, you should now have a BEAT track in your song, if you didn't already have a place for it to begin with. If you did, delete the empty BEAT space. Now resize the BEAT Track to fit your song.

CORRECT WAY: Assuming there is a track space named BEAT already because you imported into the RBN Blank Template file, go down to the BEAT space and click it. Now go to Insert>New MIDI Item and you will have a blank track ready to be made!
First you have to drag and elongate the BEAT track to match your song. Now double-click the track to open the MIDI editor. Once there, double-click anywhere in the bottom part of the editor (It looks more blueish than the main part of the window.
Match your popup to this image:

Press OK to make some beats.
Reaper has now picked up the fact that you are editing a BEAT track, so the process is a bit easier now. To make the process even simpler, go up to View in the midi window and select Hide Unused and Unnamed Note Rows, you are now left with 2 tracks. Press Space and listen to your song, until the actual songs starts (Not any sort of fancy intro), make note of this point.
From here, it all depends on your song's Time Signature, the default setup (4/4) would be D U U U D U U U D U U U, etc. All you need to do is click once to make a 1/16 beat note and put your notes by 1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 respectively. (If you can't see 1.2 or other numbers, zoom in horizontally by using the + button the the horizontal scroll bar.) Start at the first whole number BEFORE the song. (Which probably isn't going to be 1).
Assuming your song stays in the same TS, just hold RIGHT CLICK to select your beats and then right click one of the notes, selecting "Copy Notes", then right click alsewhere and select "Paste Notes". You can see where this is going I hope, line up your new set of notes starting at 2 and copy it again. Keep going until you reach the end of your song, but don't keep going until the end, listen to your song again and once its all over, stop at the nearest whole number.

Feel free to post your errors here and either myself or someone else will try to help you out. I will come back in a bit to edit in fixes for things I myself have encountered in my experience along with whatever gets fixed in this thread of course.

Last edited by TehBanStick on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 14 times in total
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Reserved*
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red wall of text is red...

Nice thread, this will hopefully stop all those RBA threads from popping up.
BobRichards  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thread.

My stream I play Expert on every instrument.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BobRichards091
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread...
I'm having a bit of trouble importing my .mid in Magma. "parse meta event 127", I don't know what that is or how to fix it. I have everything else named correctly...

Code:

Build started at 5:55 PM.
Reading the archive
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\admin\Documents\RBN Projects\Wholelottacrap - Wholelottapeople\Crap.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 6...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 6...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (Wholelottacrap2): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (PART DRUMS): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (PART BASS): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (PART GUITAR): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (PART VOCALS): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (EVENTS): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (VENUE): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:  (): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:  (Wholelottacrap2): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:  (PART DRUMS): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:  (PART BASS): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:  (PART GUITAR): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:  (PART VOCALS): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:  (EVENTS): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler:  (VENUE): Cannot parse meta event 127
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (VENUE): Track contains multiple track name events (VENUE and PART DRUMS)
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admin/documents/rbn projects/wholelottacrap2.mid (EVENTS): Invalid MIDI note pitch 115 at 122:1:000
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
Build ended at 5:55 PM.

P.S. Sorry for my n00bness. I've been using the forums for a while now, just haven't really posted...

Last edited by pikminguts92 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
mikebechillin  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 Wont Appear Reply with quote

I am running parallel desktops on my mac <----- fail
But i just tried charting a song <----- double fail
But when i want to use it my xbox will not appear in magma it cannot seem to find it at all <----- failtacular
Do you guys know how to fix this problem
RiotChick0721  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I fix these errors? I only made the chart for expert yet they ask me for Easy, Medium, and Hard. I'm not should I how to make BEAT.midi file so I don't know if that's the problem.

Screen: http://twitpic.com/103gky/full
Lasfas  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikebechillin wrote:
But when i want to use it my xbox will not appear in magma it cannot seem to find it at all <----- failtacular

I honestly believe you need a PC for this. Sorry!

RiotChick0721 wrote:
How do I fix these errors? I only made the chart for expert yet they ask me for Easy, Medium, and Hard. I'm not should I how to make BEAT.midi file so I don't know if that's the problem.

Screen: http://twitpic.com/103gky/full

Magma REQUIRES you to have all difficulties in the song, so the correct way to fix it is to chart it out.
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasfas wrote:
Magma REQUIRES you to have all difficulties in the song, so the correct way to fix it is to chart it out.

Not exactly, but if you want your song to have OD and solo sections, you need to at least half-ass it by copying only the GRY notes and pasting them into each difficulty.

The invalid note stuff is FO sections/individual OD, just delete everything under the the green expert notes, then copy your GRYs, that will clean up most of your errors.

Delete "Section End" and add [music_start] and [music_end] to the EVENTS track.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasfas wrote:
mikebechillin wrote:

I honestly believe you need a PC for this. Sorry!

It'll work just fine on a Mac if you set up the software properly.

Without sitting down and actually trying to get it to work myself in Parallels, I would think that it's using some protocol that either your Mac's firewall (if enabled) or Parallels doesn't know how to forward. Try booting Windows directly with Boot Camp; if that doesn't work then there's some sort of issue with your network itself and it has nothing to do with your computer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Xbox 360 Wont Appear Reply with quote

mikebechillin wrote:

I am using VMware Fusion on my mac pro, which is similar to Parallels. I was having issues with Magma not finding my Xbox, but I went into the network settings for Fusion and told it to "Connect directly to the physical network (Bridged)" instead of the default "Share the Mac's network connection (NAT)" and that fixed everything. I'm assuming Parallels has some kind of similar network settings built-in so give it a shot.
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Xbox 360 Wont Appear Reply with quote

Jarpo wrote:
[...] told it to "Connect directly to the physical network (Bridged)" instead of the default "Share the Mac's network connection (NAT)" and that fixed everything.

Given that you say that VMWare and Parallels are similar, and seem to have a similar option, I've been trying it out. But can't seem to get my 360 to be read through Parallels... is there something I'm missing? Magma is open, the virtual machine's network adapter is reading from my Macbook's USB Ethernet port, and my 360 is reading my laptop fine through Connect360...

In short, can you figure out what's going wrong here?

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
eraserhead  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Xbox 360 Wont Appear Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
Jarpo wrote:
[...] told it to "Connect directly to the physical network (Bridged)" instead of the default "Share the Mac's network connection (NAT)" and that fixed everything.

Given that you say that VMWare and Parallels are similar, and seem to have a similar option, I've been trying it out. But can't seem to get my 360 to be read through Parallels... is there something I'm missing? Magma is open, the virtual machine's network adapter is reading from my Macbook's USB Ethernet port, and my 360 is reading my laptop fine through Connect360...

In short, can you figure out what's going wrong here?

Well, I'm on Vista but this may help you too: did you install the very last version of Magma? I mean the one that lets you pick the region of your RB2 disc before installing. It should receive an automatic update as soon as it finishes installing.

I literally banged my head against the wall for two days trying to figure out what was wrong with my network setup... and the problem was in the software. Turns out that the version you get off HMX's site supports NTSC game discs only, and it needs an update to recognize other regions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
Nice thread...
I'm having a bit of trouble importing my .mid in Magma. "parse meta event 127", I don't know what that is or how to fix it. I have everything else named correctly...

As someone who isn't familiar with the tools but is familiar with MIDI, meta event 127 is something that sequencer-specific metadata hides behind. It probably got stuck in there by some software or midi device you're using. Try and find those events that don't mean anything to RB and delete them?
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: I figured it out.

Thank you to Grinnz for responding.

I found some helpful information at the bottom of this page:
http://creators.rockband.com/spec/Drum_Authoring

I needed to turn all of the "drumsX" in to "drums0"

Code:
Build started at 3:49 PM.
Reading the archive
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\BR Drums Test.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 6...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 6...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:060 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:060 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:060 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:120 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:120 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:120 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:180 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:180 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:180 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:240 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:240 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2' at 1:1:240 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 27:1:000 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 27:1:000 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 27:1:000 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 28:2:000 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 28:2:000 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 28:2:000 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 33:1:000 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 33:1:000 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 33:1:000 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 37:2:000 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 37:2:000 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 37:2:000 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 47:1:000 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 47:1:000 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easynokick' at 47:1:000 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 124:2:000 supports exactly 5 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 2 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 124:2:000 supports exactly 1 kick channels; this song's configuration has 0 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/owner/desktop/br drums test 01.mid (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums2easy' at 124:2:000 supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
Build ended at 3:49 PM.

Any help? I know how to click on the drum part and find the sections it's talking about, but I don't understand what the problem is or how to fix it.

Last edited by Prong1978 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: